Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trent dilfer is a jerk.

What Trent Dilfer is doing with a regular gig on National TV is beyond my comprehension. I guess lucking your way into a SB ring as a mediocre QB with a career Pass Rating of 70.2 on a team with one of the greatest D's in the history of the NFL gives you the right to say whatever you want.

But, in this case, like the broken analog clock that is right twice a day, Dilfer is, unfortunately, correct.

As long as Tannenchez and Johnson are running this team and employing people like Soprano as "Offensive" Coordinators (he might be an offensive coordinator, but he's sure not an Offensive Coordinator), no self respecting QB will come to town unless he's at the end of his career and looking to take some of the money that his daddy earned out of Woody Johnson's wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    trent dilfer tells the truth about the new york jets.
    FIXED

Veteran
    he just said on espn audibles why would any qb want to play for the new york jets.

i hate this bald headed fool.
    You really are WAY wrong about Dilfer. For the most part, he always seemed to put a positive spin on the Jets and what they were doing. He is a smart analyst and speaks objectively. You want to complain about a real "Jet hater?" Try Mike Florio or Michael Lombardi.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    He is right. Sporano as the OC and Cavanaugh as the QB coach are a terrible combination.
    Yep

[What i dont understand is these so called local media will hammer rex with the same questions over and over but never question rex on why cavanaugh is on the staff and what has he done to help sanchez.QUOTE=lageman4ever;4736739]Thanks for the info on Cavanaugh. He sounds truly horrible. No wonder Sanchez hasn't improved.

Put Cavanaugh down as another member of the coaching staff who has to go.[/QUOTE]

Someday we'll have a whole new regime to complain about and it cant come soon enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Thanks for the info on Cavanaugh. He sounds truly horrible. No wonder Sanchez hasn't improved.

Put Cavanaugh down as another member of the coaching staff who has to go.
    It's even more important that he goes than Sparano. The guy is a terrible coach.

he just said on espn audibles why would any qb want to play for the new york jets.

i hate this bald headed fool.
    He has been pretty supportive of the jets
    I can't say he's far off

When you have a owner that is only worried about ticket sales and media attention, why would you blame him for saying this?

Jerry jones might be a very involved owner but you know the guy makes moves to win

dilfer really isn't that bad. on espn it's the talking heads like steven a who are completely useless and talking out their butts.

i'm still not sure why the hate for sparano? if people are making excuses for sanchez for the receiving talent then it should go double for him because he deals with the receivers and sanchez. as for cavanaugh, no tears shed if he eaves.

Jets Insider VIP
    I actually enjoy listening to Dilfer. He seems as legitimately annoyed by the dysfunction of this offense and the coaching staff in general as the rest of us are. I hope Rex uses this game to really talk to norv and lay the groundwork for bringing him in to run this offense. We need to get rid of sparano and cavanaugh yesterday.

There's at least one QB who would jump at the opportunity to play for the Jets..

When told on the air of the interest he simply replied, "Me???"

Dilfer is a Sanchez apologist. He sees part of himself in Sanchez. A guy that is not very good but somehow got lucky and almost lead the team to a trip to the superbowl much like how he was sanchez like and got a super bowl out of it.

Being a big sanchez supporter he's bitter and reaching now that he realizes just how much Sanchez sucks and he is grasping for anything that can justify his previous view.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    There's at least one QB who would jump at the opportunity to play for the Jets..

When told on the air of the interest he simply replied, "Me???"

Actually, the full quote was "Me???...my career QB rating is lower than Mark Sanchez'!"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Dilfer is a Sanchez apologist. He sees part of himself in Sanchez. A guy that is not very good but somehow got lucky and almost lead the team to a trip to the superbowl much like how he was sanchez like and got a super bowl out of it.

Being a big sanchez supporter he's bitter and reaching now that he realizes just how much Sanchez sucks and he is grasping for anything that can justify his previous view.
    Thats really not true at all. Dilfer does know the QB pretty well, and does a good job in evaluating them. He runs the Nike Elite 11 high school QB competition and gets to see the elite prospects from high school through college and into the pros. He has as good of a grasp of the QB position right now as anyone.

trent dilfer hates the new york jets.
    Trent Dilfer has been one of the biggest Sanchez supporters out there. He calls the Jets coaches for what they are, fools.

Terrible thread (any surprise considering the source?).

Dilfer's a good analyst, he is spot on here. That said, money tends to talk when it comes to players going to any particular team.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats really not true at all. Dilfer does know the QB pretty well, and does a good job in evaluating them. He runs the Nike Elite 11 high school QB competition and gets to see the elite prospects from high school through college and into the pros. He has as good of a grasp of the QB position right now as anyone.
    Not when it comes to Mark Sanchez he doesn't. When the 'experts' form one opinion they find it very hard if not impossible to admit they were flat out wrong and thus look for anything they can to justify their previous comments. I don't care who he evaluates or coaches. To not take Sanchez to task big time for his failings just totally kills all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Terrible thread (any surprise considering the source?).

Dilfer's a good analyst, he is spot on here. That said, money tends to talk when it comes to players going to any particular team.
    No he isn't spot on. Sorry. He can be as good of analyst as theuir is on other topics but when it comes to Sanchez he long ago decided that Sanchez was good and now when his epic failure is staring him in the face he is looking for anyone and everyone to blame. Much like people on this forum.

Media is just piling on. bashing the Jets gets your name it including us. We deserve it. We are not QB friendly on the field or off. Rex has got to go and we need an offensive minded coach.

Watching Young and Dilfer clown our organization after the Monday Night fiasco was truly something I've never seen before. On national television, they were mocking the Jets and the overall lack of respect. It was terrible but I couldn't stop watching.

Our team is a joke.