Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why not McElroy??

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Roger Stauback, Joe Theisman
    6, 7th? were not drafted. Recent history, modern day?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Is there anyone that believes G. McElroy could be our future?..Why can we not just give this guy his shot and see before the speculation of brining in a qb (starter)..I don't know I am just asking, is there a reason why there seems to be no confidence in McElroy and is he expected to be no more than a careerer back-up?..I am not a big college football fan and this is why I am asking this question, I have heard there were arm strength questions, but were there any other concerns with him coming in to the NFL?..
    I have always liked McElroy, the only knock on him has been his arm strength - which can improve as he matures. He is very smart and has alot of moxy.

He did win a national championship as a starting QB for Alabama which is often discounted by his critics.

I believe these next two games will go a long way toward determining his future - with the Jets at least.

Anybody closing the door on McElroy without at least watching him get a few NFL starts under his belt is pretty foolish. It's not like he started somewhere else and failed miserably, he has never gotten a chance - well this is his chance, hopefully he makes the most of it.

I am still kind of pissed at the organization for not leaving McElroy in as the starter 3 weeks ago when they put him in vs the Cardinals, that would have gave us a larger body of work to judge him on, 2 games really isn't much to go on, but it's something at least.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 12-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of t
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Roger Stauback, Joe Theisman
    Of the current NFL starting QBs the following were drafted third round or later

McElroy
    Brady
    Foles
    Schaub
    Romo
    Cassell
    Wilson
    Fitzpatrick

25 percent of the league and all bums not up to the standards of high picks like Russell Leaf Young or Sanchez

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 12-20-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No one said about being a 1, he was 7th 208?
    Jake Delhomme was undrafted and he was decent. Made the Superbowl in 2004 as a first year starter, NFC Championship the next year, made the pro bowl and was a franchise QB for 7 years(arguably 5).

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I have always liked McElroy, the only knock on him has been his arm strength - which can improve as he matures. He is very smart and has alot of moxy.

He did win a national championship as a starting QB for Alabama which is often discounted by his critics.

I believe these next two games will go a long way toward determining his future - with the Jets at least.

Anybody closing the door on McElroy without at least watching him get a few NFL starts under his belt is pretty foolish.
    So then he is the starter, because no viable 1 is coming here even if they can swing it to watch.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

Anybody closing the door on McElroy without at least watching him get a few NFL starts under his belt is pretty foolish. It's not like he started somewhere else and failed miserably, he has never gotten a chance - well this is his chance, hopefully he makes the most of it.
    If college stats and accomplishments is what you are going off then Tebow absolutely murders McElroy in ever single quarterback stat and accomplishment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there done that, I want to work towards a Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Jake Delhomme was undrafted and he was decent. Made the Superbowl in 2004 as a first year starter, NFC Championship the next year, made the pro bowl and was a franchise QB for 7 years(arguably 5).

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    If college stats and accomplishments is what you are going off then Tebow absolutely murders McElroy in ever single quarterback stat and accomplishment.
    That's only one aspect of it, McElroy has played well everytime he has taken the field for the Jets - in the pre-season and in his limited regular season snaps, so, your point is mute. McElroy deserves a shot.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Just saying he was decent and lost the Superbowl by 3 points because of a muffed kick...went toe to toe with Brady and still holds the record for the longest passing touchdown in the Superbowl, 85 yards to Muhammad and the biggest 4th quarter comeback in a Superbowl. He wasn't the reason. He did his part. Brady threw a pick. He didn't.

Oh and they actually beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship to get there, so you can't say he's McNabb

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Is there anyone that believes G. McElroy could be our future?..Why can we not just give this guy his shot and see before the speculation of brining in a qb (starter)..I don't know I am just asking, is there a reason why there seems to be no confidence in McElroy and is he expected to be no more than a careerer back-up?..I am not a big college football fan and this is why I am asking this question, I have heard there were arm strength questions, but were there any other concerns with him coming in to the NFL?..
    I'm eager to see what he can do playing a whole game, then I'll form an opinion on what to do with him- if he doesn't turn the ball over more than once, he's almost certainly a keeper for backup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Flynn, Ryan Fitzpatrick, DA, Matt Cassel you know guys like Mark Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually they plsyed against each other in the 2009 SEC Championship game and GMac made Teblow look like the embarrassment of a QB he has proven to be in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Of t

Of the current NFL starting QBs the following were drafted third round or later

McElroy
    Brady
    Foles
    Schaub
    Romo
    Cassell
    Wilson
    Fitzpatrick

25 percent of the league and all bums not up to the standards of high picks like Russell Leaf Young or Sanchez

Isn't Quinn the starter IN KC now?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually they plsyed against each other in the 2009 SEC Championship game and GMac made Teblow look like the embarrassment of a QB he has proven to be in the NFL

Did GMac play defense?

Dude serioulsy, no.

Passing:
    Tebow 661/995 66.4% 9285yards 9.3avg 88TD's 16int 170.8 Rat
    McElroy436/658 66.3% 5691yards 8.6avg 39TD's 10int 155.4 Rat

Rushing:
    Tebow 2947yards 4.3avg 57TD's
    McElroy 114 yards. 0.6 avg 2 TD's

Just no. That's not an accident. And they're nowhere near even close. Tebow was 3 times the quarterback and 4 times the man McElroy was in college. Now you are sounding like a homer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The same morons that ***** and complain that the SOJF run every QB out of town and we have to stick with what we've got and hope for a MAJOR turn around are the same ones who crucify McElroy BEFORE he's had an opportunity to do anything in this league. It's NUTS and so are Jets fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did GMac play defense?

Dude serioulsy, no.

Passing:
    Tebow661/99566.4%9285yards9.3avg88TD's16int170.8 Rat
    McElroy436/65866.3%5691yards8.6avg39TD's10int155.4 Rat

Rushing:
    Tebow 2947yards4.3avg57TD's
    McElroy 114 yards. 0.6 avg 2 TD's

Just no. That's not an accident. And they're nowhere near even close. Tebow was 3 times the quarterback and 4 times the man McElroy was in college. Now you are sounding like a homer.
    Just because he made Teblow look like the embarrassment he is in the Championship game that mattered is no reason to feel bad.

Your revered savior Timmy probably put up nice numbers against Louisiana Lafayette. Alcorn State and Liberty Baptist

But when he played McElroy and Bama for the title there was one QB on the field and one JOKE.

Watch the whole game. It's on youtube...2009 SEC Championship...

The video does not lie

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because he made Teblow look like the embarrassment he is in the Championship game that mattered is no reason to feel bad.

Your revered savior Timmy probably put up nice numbers against Louisiana Lafayette. Alcorn State and Liberty Baptist

But when he played McElroy and Bama for the title there was one QB on the field and one JOKE.

Watch the whole game. It's on youtube...2009 SEC Championship...

The video does not lie

Again, did McElroy play defense?

And it's 1 game, a game where McElroy attempted a whooping 18 passes and 1 touchdown. You're a homer. His defense and running game got him to the Bowl and won it for him too.

I can't believe you would sit here and actually try to say McElroy was better in college. Most ridiculous **** I have ever heard.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the old saying?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if McElroy turns out to be more than adequate. And true Jet fans should pray for that too.

Our luck has to turn sometime.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, did McElroy play defense?

And it's 1 game, a game where McElroy attempted a whooping 18 passes and 1 touchdown. You're a homer. His defense and running game got him to the Bowl and won it for him too.

I can't believe you would sit here and actually try to say McElroy was better in college. Most ridiculous **** I have ever heard.
    No actually tebonehead...he played QB something that your adored Timmy cant do.

And yes I'm a homer...a New York Jet homer....not a Timmy Gomer who only roots for one player and who will never be seen here again at JI in 9 days when you'll follow your loser to the Jaguars or the CFL or the Elite League of India...someplace where Timmy's laughable "passing" skills fit in better

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    No actually tebonehead...he played QB something that your adored Timmy cant do.

And yes I'm a homer...a New York Jet homer....not a Timmy Gomer who only roots for one player and who will never be seen here again at JI in 9 days when you'll follow your loser to the Jaguars or the CFL or the Elite League of India...someplace where Timmy's laughable "passing" skills fit in better

Whatever you say troll. You can keep making delusional arguments with yourself or whoever else wants to listen to that stupidity. I'm done.