Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why not McElroy??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Whatever you say troll. You can keep making delusional arguments with yourself or whoever else wants to listen to that stupidity. I'm done.
    Done

Hopefully you, Teblow and the rest of his cult are done and gone g oodbye a week from Monday

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy does NOT deserve a shot. Why?

Because Apache said so.

Oh and ytfootballfan calling sg3 a Troll is pretty amusing, considering Mr. Pot just called a Kettle.....black.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-20-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So with all this said,,, Good or great QB's can, or have regularly, come from the later rounds of the draft.

So as the post says "Why not McElroy", why not?

I have a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is gone at the end of this disaster of a season. Facts are he cant play QB. period. McElroy can and will.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He protects the ball and that will be adequate for this team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of things like this:

Sun Jan 08, 2012
    in The Daily Kos, by Pilkington

What Say You, Tebow Haters!!!???

Broncos, Tim Tebow stun Steelers in OT, win 29-23 in NFL playoffs

Tebow leads Broncos to first playoff win since 2005. Passes for 316 yards and two touchdowns and rushes for another TD. Best postseason debut performance in franchise history.

"It's not Tebow, it's the Denver's great defense". No, not really. Steelers scored 23.

"It's not Tebow, it's his kicker". Good field goal kicking this game yes, but no late-game 50+ yard heroics this time.

"It's not Tebow, it's the running game". McGahee did OK, but he also fumbled at the most critical point in the game. Tebow still overcame.

At this point, I think you have to acknowledge that Tebow at least has potential. Granted, he doesn't have the throwing arm or accuracy that you'd really want to see in an NFL QB. But, he gets the ball there just enough to keep his team in the games, and then his obvious heart for the game seems to take them the rest of the way.

He's still young too. It's the rare NFL quarterback who starts in his first couple of years of play, much less leads his team to a playoff win. The jury will still be out on Tebow until we see how he does five or six years in.

And let's keep it fun and civil folks. It's just football.
    My new motto: Rex Ryan would rather LOSE with a QB he chose than WIN with one he didn't.. Because that's how stubborn he is. He expects everyone on the team to learn from their mistakes .... except him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Sun Jan 08, 2012
    in The Daily Kos, by Pilkington

My new motto: Rex Ryan would rather LOSE with a QB he chose than WIN with one he didn't.. Because that's how stubborn he is. He expects everyone on the team to learn from their mistakes .... except him.
    Look Suzy we all know you adore your Justin Beiber like hero

But

He's NOT an NFL quarterback. HE SUCKS. Anyhow thank the Lord we'll be rid of this failure in just over a week.

Have a good year in 2013 worshipping him with your Jaguars or whichever CFL, UFL, Arena League or Elite League of India team he finds where the quality of play is low enough fir him to not be an embarrassment to anyone watching

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Look Suzy we all know you adore your Justin Beiber like hero

But

He's NOT an NFL quarterback. HE SUCKS. Anyhow thank the Lord we'll be rid of this failure in just over a week.

Have a good year in 2013 worshipping him with your Jaguars or whichever CFL, UFL, Arena League or Elite League of India team he finds where the quality of play is low enough fir him to not be an embarrassment to anyone watching

Yeah, right after I get done watching Sanchez get beat out as starting QB in the Lingerie League.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, right after I get done watching Sanchez get beat out as starting QB in the Lingerie League.
    Well....That might be the only league he completes 100 pct of his "passes" in......if you get my drift.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teblow..

Not a QB in any league

SUCKS

You and the rest of the cult have fun next year, Suze

It's been a hoot

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    cmon now jets80

he was a late round draft pick and everyone knows that NO late round draft pick (or even an undrafted player) has EVER become a successful long term NFL winning player...

All you have to do to identify the great quarterbacks and all the great players in the history of the NFL is go to Mel Kiper's guidebook and ONLY look at the projected first rounders and there you have it
    Brady was a late round pick

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    Brady was a late round pick
    That was my exact point of the satiric post

Eight current starting NFL quarterbacks were drafted in the third round or later...

25 percent

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teblow..

Not a QB in any league

SUCKS

You and the rest of the cult have fun next year, Suze

It's been a hoot

Oh, I wouldn't DREAM of leaving you now. I've put in my time and earned the right to be here. This Circus Clown act will provide amusement for 44 more years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Because Apache said so.

Oh and ytfootballfan calling sg3 a Troll is pretty amusing, considering Mr. Pot just called a Kettle.....black.
    Racist

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Is there anyone that believes G. McElroy could be our future?..Why can we not just give this guy his shot and see before the speculation of brining in a qb (starter)..I don't know I am just asking, is there a reason why there seems to be no confidence in McElroy and is he expected to be no more than a careerer back-up?..I am not a big college football fan and this is why I am asking this question, I have heard there were arm strength questions, but were there any other concerns with him coming in to the NFL?..
    He deserves a shot by default. I just can't believe that the same staff that picked Clemens and Sanchez and gave up a 4th for Timmy suddenly hit the powerball lottery with Mcelroy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well....That might be the only league he completes 100 pct of his "passes" in......if you get my drift.
    LOLz - he definitely knows how to score with those "passes". I'll try not to get my panties in a wad over this situation --snicker

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suzy, I'm no Tebow basher but when you guys bring up the Steelers, why don't you guys ever bring up how poorly he played against the Patriots. That was worse than any Sanchez game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Apache said so.

I never said he doesn't deserve a shot. The problem is a shot, or a fair shot would be the end of this year and all of next. This year we will get a very little info if he plays well, maybe the teams sucked and if he sucks he is just starting out. As previously stated no 1 is gonna come on here to see how it goes. I think they will get rid of Tebow, and we will wind up with Mark, Greg and new second round QB or, second tier QB. Not by choice.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Suzy, I'm no Tebow basher but when you guys bring up the Steelers, why don't you guys ever bring up how poorly he played against the Patriots. That was worse than any Sanchez game.
    Are you kidding? We do bring up those things. The point of mentioning the Steelers game was that Tebow was a starter in the NFL and went to the playoffs more recently than Sanchez, and has experience that McElroy doesn't have yet in the pros.

The Patriots game was AWFUL, and Tebow's play sucked that day, but I thought he was even worse against the Lions. It's less humiliating to suck against Brady than Stafford.

Still, I think the butt-fumble and the Titans travesty were more embarrassing, especially considering those teams are nowhere near the caliber of the Pats or the 2011 Lions.

There isn't a Tebow fan on this forum who thinks he's perfect. He needs to improve and one way that young QBs learn is by playing in games. What galls me is that Tebow is held to a higher standard than other young QBs. And it hurts terribly that he's done everything asked of him by the Jets, he's been a loyal team player and never trashed a teammate or coach, but fans still hate him and Rex Ryan refuses to give him a chance even when the rest of the season is irrelevant.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    ok that's 1 in 92 years, any others?
    the irish kid that plyed for san diego.I forgot his name.he played for deleware in college.