Thread: Is this silly or conceivable??

Is this silly or conceivable??

Our number one draft pick and Sanchez for a second round pick??

Would that interest anyone??

Not sure if that kind of trade had ever been done before..

But seeing how some think we might trade Revis we might be able to recoup the one pick anyway..

Just sayin...

Would that entice some team to take his salary?? Number one draft picks seem to be crapshoots anymore anyway...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Our number one draft pick and Sanchez for a second round pick??

LOL.

Sig-worthy. No offense to you. I just think this speaks to how awful Sanchez is and how badly people want to get rid of him.

Be pretty damn silly of us to have to spend a first round pick to get rid of sanchez.So not only did we send extra picks to get him now we have to use more picks to get rid of him?lol no

I realize it seems silly.. Or just plain ridiculous..

But it frees up all that cap room.. Plus cap room for a number one pick..

I am trying to weigh if a twelve million cap hit of dead space is worth a number one draft pick..

Especially when it can be used to sign free agents..

Plus it would be like trading down which is why I said for a second round pick..

I realize it will never happen.. And it is a trade that is humiliating in nature but this is how I see it..

I am trying to weigh if a twelve million cap hit of dead space is worth a number one draft pick..

Plus it would be like trading down which is why I said for a second round pick..

I realize it will never happen.. And it is a trade that is humiliating in nature but this is how I see it..
    This is the very definition of mortgaging your future for a short term fix. Of which there is incredibly limited upside.

So no.

Is this possible, sure. If you can find an owner that has boat loads of cap room and needs to spend to the new minimum spending floor. The jets will save 4.5mill on the cap this year and next year.

However this would be such a PR nightmare, that i could not see it happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Would it not make more sense to just keep Pickchez around as a backup to Gmac (little cap cost) and either an inexpensive vet backup or mid round development drafted qb for a year even if he is inactive and use ALL of our draft picks to try and fill holes ge t better on offense and faster on defense?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Would it not make more sense to just keep Pickchez around as a backup to Gmac (little cap cost) and either an inexpensive vet backup or mid round development drafted qb for a year even if he is inactive and use ALL of our draft picks to try and fill holes ge t better on offense and faster on defense?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    To me it would depend if the GM/Tanny thought he could get a vet player for
    for the 4.5 mill of cap room both in 2013 and 2014 that will balance out the the drop in draft value say from Pick 18- to around pick 36.

If you think that 4.5 mill of space will help to allow you to keep Landry and Folk, is it worth the drop in draft value?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    To me it would depend if the GM/Tanny thought he could get a vet player for
    for the 4.5 mill of cap room both in 2013 and 2014 that will balance out the the drop in draft value say from Pick 18- to around pick 36.

If you think that 4.5 mill of space will help to allow you to keep Landry and Folk, is it worth the drop in draft value?
    The idea of giving up a 1st rounder to rid ourselves of suckchez contract is ridiculous. The savvy move is to trade down out of the 1st round. Pick up a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. Then once 2014 rolls around we have 2 1st rounders and cap space to work with. Play out 2013 with Suckchez on the pine. His 8 million dead money cap hit does not preclude a team from being good. The lack of a decent QB however does cause a team to suck. Look at Carolina. They have more than 20 million a season tied up in 2 RB's that rarely play. They still win games when Newton plays well.

A forward looking front office plans for the future. Having 2 1st rounders in 2014 allows us leverage to trade up for a top flight QB. If GMac or whoever is our QB falters next season we will get a high pick regardless, add in the leverage of a 2nd 1st rounder and the team can really retool in 2014. At that point most of the dead money and bad contracts are gone and we have a clean slate.

That type of thing has been done in hockey before. It would only make sense if the team was good in many areas and the only thing they needed was cap relief and a new QB. The Jets have a number of holes though and are not close to anything thus not worth it.