Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: 2013 Free Agent Quarterback List

  1. #1

    2013 Free Agent Quarterback List

    Here's a list of QB's who will be on the market in 2013... Slim pickings, but is there anyone on the list the Jets might consider signing?


    Luke McCown – ATL
    Joe Flacco – BAL
    Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
    Tyler Thigpen – BUF
    Derek Anderson – CAR
    Jason Campbell – CHI
    Josh McCown – CHI
    Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
    Drew Stanton – IND
    Brady Quinn – KC
    Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
    Matt Moore – MIA
    Chase Daniel – NO
    David Carr – NYG
    Matt Leinart – OAK
    Charlie Batch – PIT
    Byron Leftwich – PIT
    Kellen Clemens – STL
    Rex Grossman – WAS

  2. #2
    Yeah kellen clemens...

  3. #3
    The Jets should see if Donovan McNabb is still alive. I think he can pull a Testerverte for the Jets.

  4. #4
    Offer McGowan the world!

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Offer McGowan the world!
    I think we should scarf up both McCowns

    A daily double of turnover machines

    IN GMAC WE TRUST

    GO JETS!!!

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #6
    Point being, there's not going to be a whole lot out there, which makes me think the Jets stay put with McElroy/Sanchez or somehow make a deal for Vick. Niether direction seems very worthwhile but maybe McElroy can show us something over the next two games.

    Vick may be fragile at this point but he'll definitely put fans in the seats, and Woody likes that very much.

  7. #7
    I'd take Matt Moore as a backup but the rest is garbage.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post


    Luke McCown – ATL- who??
    Joe Flacco – BAL- he's staying in Balt.
    Tarvaris Jackson – BUF- No
    Tyler Thigpen – BUF- No
    Derek Anderson – CAR- Maybe a few years ago but he hasn't played in a while
    Jason Campbell – CHI- Last resort
    Josh McCown – CHI- there's two of them???
    Bruce Gradkowski – CIN- He hasn't played in a while either but I thought he looked decent in a Tampa game a couple years back
    Drew Stanton – IND- we blew it on him :/
    Brady Quinn – KC- Could do worse
    Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex) who????
    Matt Moore – MIA- Last resort
    Chase Daniel – NO- Don't know anything about him since Brees gets all the attention
    David Carr – NYG- Wouldn't be opposed to him but the Vagiants will probably keep him
    Matt Leinart – OAK- Sanchez's older stepbrother
    Charlie Batch – PIT- is he injured??
    Byron Leftwich – PIT- too old
    Kellen Clemens – STL- LOL
    Rex Grossman – WAS- F NO!
    My opinions

  9. #9
    I would look at non free agent non prime backup QB's

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,664
    The Jets knew after 2011 that they had lost faith in Sanchez. So, they signed him to an extension, and worse, didn't draft a QB in the mid-rounds to possibly take over next year
    They are REALLY screwed now.
    Vinny Testaverde's niece may have to dust off the cleats.

  11. #11
    I don't know why but David Garrard is not on that list.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,817
    Just go with GMC/draft pick and go from there. No need to spend money on that list of players.

  13. #13
    Anyone know what sort of contract Matt Flynn has up in Seattle?
    Seeing that Wilson is their guy, maybe they’d be interested in releasing/trading Fynn. He did look good last year up in Green Bay.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,336
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Anyone know what sort of contract Matt Flynn has up in Seattle?
    Seeing that Wilson is their guy, maybe they’d be interested in releasing/trading Fynn. He did look good last year up in Green Bay.
    If they release him they owe him 10 million that was guaranteed..

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If they release him they owe him 10 million that was guaranteed..
    Interesting..maybe there’s a chance to swap Sanchez ( and his contract) in exchange for Flynn and his contract.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Here's a list of QB's who will be on the market in 2013... Slim pickings, but is there anyone on the list the Jets might consider signing?


    Luke McCown – ATL
    Joe Flacco – BAL
    Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
    Tyler Thigpen – BUF
    Derek Anderson – CAR
    Jason Campbell – CHI
    Josh McCown – CHI
    Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
    Drew Stanton – IND
    Brady Quinn – KC
    Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
    Matt Moore – MIA
    Chase Daniel – NO
    David Carr – NYG
    Matt Leinart – OAK
    Charlie Batch – PIT
    Byron Leftwich – PIT
    Kellen Clemens – STL
    Rex Grossman – WAS
    Flacco is the only guy worth signing and he won't leave Baltimore. All we can hope for is Alex Smith gets cut. There's really no one else out there. Trade Tebow, get Smith, let Smith and McElroy fight for the starting job and let Sanchez ride the bench as a backup. Cutting or trading him kills the cap.

  17. #17
    I'd make offers to Gradkowski, Moore, and Daniels. In no particular order, just get one of those guys in here to compete for the job.

  18. #18
    I heard Drew Stanton really thinks highly of the Jets organization and would love to play for the team.


  19. #19
    Draft 2 rookies. Screw all veteran retreads

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Flacco is the only guy worth signing and he won't leave Baltimore. All we can hope for is Alex Smith gets cut. There's really no one else out there. Trade Tebow, get Smith, let Smith and McElroy fight for the starting job and let Sanchez ride the bench as a backup. Cutting or trading him kills the cap.
    We cant afford Smith. We cant afford anyone without further mortgaging our future. We need to rebuild, period.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us