Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trent dilfer is a jerk.

trent dilfer is a jerk.

he just said on espn audibles why would any qb want to play for the new york jets.

i hate this bald headed fool.

Hall Of Fame
    As presently constituted, the Jets offensive brain trust is pretty bad. So, other than money there isnt a lot to entice a good QB here.

He is right. Sporano as the OC and Cavanaugh as the QB coach are a terrible combination.

Can you blame him? There's good reason why people call Rex Ryan the ring-master. In some strange fixation on being the "anti-Patriots" when he came here he decided to be brash, outspoken and retarded to the point of turning us into a complete circus.

I don't see how any serious player at any position would WANT to come here with this regime.

We need to fire everyone, bring in a solid and serious staff and let the world know the Jets are open for business again as a serious football team and not a media sideshow.

Hypothetically speaking, if Aaron Rodgers was a free agent and had a falling out with Green Bay, do you seriously think someone like that would WANT to come here? Look what happened with Sanchez. Look what happened with Tebow. Look what happened with Favre. Look at the state of our entire organization. Look at our locker room.

This is just pathetic. This was a gimmick style of running an organization that spiraled totally out of control.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 12-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Woody-Tanny-Rex-Sparano-Cavanaugh...could be the reasons that a former QB like Dilfer feels that way.

All League
    Cavanaugh has been stealing money from this organization for a long time , he is a joke and needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Cavanaugh has been stealing money from this organization for a long time , he is a joke and needs to be replaced.
    He should never have been hired.

trent dilfer hates the new york jets.

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    AMEN!

http://www.footballperspective.com/e...e-is-to-blame/

Matt Cavanaugh
    One of the least inspiring resumes of any quarterback coach you’ll ever see. Matt Cavanaugh’s first major job was as the offensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears in 1997 and ’98 under Dave Wannstedt. Chicago went 4-12 both seasons and ranked 25th and 28th in points scored. Wannstedt was fired, but Cavanaugh landed in Baltimore. In six years in Baltimore, Cavanaugh’s offenses ranked 28th, 24th, 20th, 25th, 27ths and 31st in Net Yards per Attempt. In addition to a string of mediocre veterans, Cavanaugh personally presided over the development of Chris Redman and then Kyle Boller. After it was clear that Boller, a first round pick in 2003, was not progressing — and the coach had earned the nickname “Cavanawful” from Ravens fans — he “resigned” following the 2004 season.

he then went to the Pittsburgh Panthers as Dave Wannstedt’s offensive coordinator in 2005; there, the dynamic duo named Tyler Palko the starter over Joe Flacco, causing the future first round round (spoiler: not Palko) to transfer to Delaware. In 2007 and 2008, the Panthers threw 21 touchdowns and 31 interceptions.

Which brings us to the Jets. Because Cavanaugh was on the Ravens staff, he received VIP access to the Rex Ryan coaching staff. I don’t know how much a quarterback coach is actually responsible for developing a quarterback, but even if it’s 1%, I don’t see what Ryan saw in Cavanaugh to make him the hire. Even worse, how has he stuck around on the team? After nearly four years, he is still the Jets quarterbacks coach. The man who chose Palko over Flacco and was fired for failing to develop Kyle Boller was tasked with the most important job in the organization. Even if you think expectations for what a quarterbacks can do, is there a justifiable explanation for why Cavanaugh was brought back in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Its the TRUTH. An ex O line coach and a never was QB is a bad combo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

We're the only team w/o a single elite or very good runningback, receiver or tight end. So yeah, not a very desirable situation for a QB.

your incorrect. Dilfer actually likes the JETS. If you remember during our playoff seasons of '09 and '10 he was the only ESPN anchor that during the regular season and continuing into the playoffs that really believed in us and came to our defense and was a supporter of the team. He's just calling it like he sees it. Your wrong, he's been a closet JETS guy over the years

Jets Insider VIP
    he just said on espn audibles why would any qb want to play for the new york jets.

There are only 31 other QB jobs so someone will take it. Perhaps we find the next Vinny, Brad Johnson, Jim Plunkett, Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner and on and on.

There are many examples of QBs enjoying a nice run given a second chance.

If we dump TS and MC, bring in Norv that is a HUGE step.

I have hope.....

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Trent, got a SB ring without having to play Qb. However, he isn't to far off the mark.

Under this regime why would any QB want to play for the Jets????

All League
    Everything he says about this is true. Sad, but true

He was one of the few that really stroked Sanchez his first couple of years. I mean really hung on his junk. I like Dilfer and he's right about this. Who in the hell would want to come to this offense?

Get rid of gm and sprano, that w will be the trick

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

How any Jet fan can hate Dilfer is beyond me...people like dilfer, steve young, tirico, gruden, namath, etc are what's going to wake up woody to make real changes. All the "Sanchez has upside the jets are only a piece or two away" is what got us into trouble in the first place

Keep hating us media and ex players so we can change things and get smart football decision makers and quality players

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    AMEN!

Matt Cavanaugh

One of the least inspiring resumes of any quarterback coach you’ll ever see. Matt Cavanaugh’s first major job was as the offensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears in 1997 and ’98 under Dave Wannstedt. Chicago went 4-12 both seasons and ranked 25th and 28th in points scored. Wannstedt was fired, but Cavanaugh landed in Baltimore. In six years in Baltimore, Cavanaugh’s offenses ranked 28th, 24th, 20th, 25th, 27ths and 31st in Net Yards per Attempt. In addition to a string of mediocre veterans, Cavanaugh personally presided over the development of Chris Redman and then Kyle Boller. After it was clear that Boller, a first round pick in 2003, was not progressing — and the coach had earned the nickname “Cavanawful” from Ravens fans — he “resigned” following the 2004 season.
    Thanks for the info on Cavanaugh. He sounds truly horrible. No wonder Sanchez hasn't improved.

Put Cavanaugh down as another member of the coaching staff who has to go.