Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Gloom & Doom a media creation

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gloom & Doom a media creation

    While many other NFL teams are trying to figure out what went wrong, Bills, chiefs, panthers, chargers, raiders, cards, and many more, the only thing we hear in the media is how bad the Jets situation is?
    The Jets that had one if not the most difficult schedules in the league, playing with what we now know is the worst QB in the league.
    The same Jets that lost both their best offensive player & their best defensive player for the season.
    The Jets that never had their TE healthy for the season.
    The Jets that started a raw rookie at WR
    The Jets with 3 aging slow LBs .
    But these same Jets were still in the playoff picture with 3 games left.

    Has Tannenbaum screwed the pooch & made numerous mistakes with this team?
    Obviously
    But, did anyone come into this season seeing a Superbowl team?
    Instead of talking about what we don't have, let's look at what we do have.
    The Jets have the 5th ranked Oline in the league this year.
    Think about that
    With the worst ranked QB they are still ranked 5th
    The Cowboys, Eagles, & Bears could only be so lucky
    The Jets have a trio of young defensive players that will anchor the front for years in Wilk, Coples & Ellis, even Harrison showed something before getting injured.
    Jeremy Kerley has been a diamond in the rough & will be extremely versatile with Holmes next year, especially if we keep Bray for a year to play the big receiver spot.
    Bilal Powell has proven to be an all around backup similar to What Kevin Faulk did for the Pats, that spinning run last week sealed it for me with that similarity.
    Cumberland has actually made Keller expendable, no way we Give big money to Keller when we can get the same thing from Cumberland for much less.

    So, while the media has buried the Jets for the next 10 years, face it, the Jets are news & bashing them has become the norm. Meanwhile a team like the Lions with more talent are underachieving worse than us.
    Did the Jets really underachieve?
    The QB certainly did & that's your most important position.
    We have another draft with most of our picks. Pass rushing LBs are numerous this year.
    We have more of a base to work from than a lot of teams.
    I just hope Woody is smart enough to hire the right people to straighten out the perception of the Jets, which started with Rex running his mouth & Tannenbaum proving on Hardknocks that he's an egotistic accountant that has no clue how to build a team.
    We are all still here.
    Go Jets

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Jets that had one if not the most difficult schedules in the league,
    huh? based on what?

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    huh? based on what?
    The jets 1st half schedule was brutal!
    @ steelers
    Pats twice
    Houston
    49ers
    @ Seahawks

    Sure we have a weak 2nd half schedule but find me another team that ran that gauntlet in the 1st 9 games!

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind the media- How do you feel about the team

    At this time, looking at who is on this roster April 1st.

    Do you honestly believe that the jet's oline is one of the 5 best? And with 3 of those starters FA, what diff does it even make?

    The jets don't have a capable QB on the roster.

    The jets don't have a #1 back on the roster

    Who will play safety?

    Who is going to play LB besides Harris.

    How is Holmes going to be without a qb throwing him the ball, when he knows the jets are not planning to pay him 10mill in 2014 and he will likely be a FA in 2013.

    Jeff Cumberland as your #1 TE

    How can you not look at this situation and not be depressed as a fan for next year? However in 2014 things look a lot better.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Never mind the media- How do you feel about the team

    At this time, looking at who is on this roster April 1st.

    Do you honestly believe that the jet's oline is one of the 5 best? And with 3 of those starters FA, what diff does it even make?

    The jets don't have a capable QB on the roster.

    The jets don't have a #1 back on the roster

    Who will play safety?

    Who is going to play LB besides Harris.

    How is Holmes going to be without a qb throwing him the ball, when he knows the jets are not planning to pay him 10mill in 2014 and he will likely be a FA in 2013.

    Jeff Cumberland as your #1 TE

    How can you not look at this situation and not be depressed as a fan for next year? However in 2014 things look a lot better.
    Nobody asked you to guess how we feel.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Never mind the media- How do you feel about the team

    At this time, looking at who is on this roster April 1st.

    Do you honestly believe that the jet's oline is one of the 5 best? And with 3 of those starters FA, what diff does it even make?

    The jets don't have a capable QB on the roster.

    The jets don't have a #1 back on the roster

    Who will play safety?

    Who is going to play LB besides Harris.

    How is Holmes going to be without a qb throwing him the ball, when he knows the jets are not planning to pay him 10mill in 2014 and he will likely be a FA in 2013.

    Jeff Cumberland as your #1 TE

    How can you not look at this situation and not be depressed as a fan for next year? However in 2014 things look a lot better.
    Exactly, drafting well it's a 2 year turn around. Once Sanchez is off the books things can get better.
    We have huge money at LB not producing.
    Davis will get his opportunity now.
    I'm praying that Macelroy shocks us all & we can get someone like Norv to work with him.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The jets 1st half schedule was brutal!
    @ steelers
    Pats twice
    Houston
    49ers
    @ Seahawks

    Sure we have a weak 2nd half schedule but find me another team that ran that gauntlet in the 1st 9 games!
    But look how bad the team lost in those games.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Nobody asked you to guess how we feel.
    Why are you addressing my post and not the OP's. Contribute to the thread, instead of deciding who can and can not respond.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Exactly, drafting well it's a 2 year turn around. Once Sanchez is off the books things can get better.
    We have huge money at LB not producing.
    Davis will get his opportunity now.
    I'm praying that Macelroy shocks us all & we can get someone like Norv to work with him.
    Praying is good, but getting a one or two year rental in like Garrard would be better for the W/L column. Jet fans should not focus on next year but 2014.
    Rex is going about these last 2 weeks right. Let The kid have all the practice snaps and cut his teeth against two bad teams. Hopefully Braylon will stay healthy so that he can have a couple of nfl players running patterns.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    We dont have a QB
    We dont have a starting caliber RB
    Our receivers outside of Holmes couldnt start on any other team
    Our TEs can either catch or block but cant do both.
    We need 2 new OGs and our RT is a JAG UDFA
    We need 2 new OLBs
    Our star/HOF CB wants a new contract that we can not afford
    We are in Cap hell
    Our GM is an accountant not a personell guy
    Our HC is a glorified DC who doesnt hold players accountable and has shown no improvement as a HC


    All this and you claim the gloom and doom is a media creation?
    Ive been a fan only since 1983, but i can tellyou with certainty that we have some tough years ahead of us. Unless Woody is willing to do the right thing and clean house its going to take far longer to turn this arround

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    While many other NFL teams are trying to figure out what went wrong, Bills, chiefs, panthers, chargers, raiders, cards, and many more, the only thing we hear in the media is how bad the Jets situation is?
    The Jets that had one if not the most difficult schedules in the league, playing with what we now know is the worst QB in the league.
    The same Jets that lost both their best offensive player & their best defensive player for the season.
    The Jets that never had their TE healthy for the season.
    The Jets that started a raw rookie at WR
    The Jets with 3 aging slow LBs .
    But these same Jets were still in the playoff picture with 3 games left.

    Has Tannenbaum screwed the pooch & made numerous mistakes with this team?
    Obviously
    But, did anyone come into this season seeing a Superbowl team?
    Instead of talking about what we don't have, let's look at what we do have.
    The Jets have the 5th ranked Oline in the league this year.
    Think about that
    With the worst ranked QB they are still ranked 5th
    The Cowboys, Eagles, & Bears could only be so lucky
    The Jets have a trio of young defensive players that will anchor the front for years in Wilk, Coples & Ellis, even Harrison showed something before getting injured.
    Jeremy Kerley has been a diamond in the rough & will be extremely versatile with Holmes next year, especially if we keep Bray for a year to play the big receiver spot.
    Bilal Powell has proven to be an all around backup similar to What Kevin Faulk did for the Pats, that spinning run last week sealed it for me with that similarity.
    Cumberland has actually made Keller expendable, no way we Give big money to Keller when we can get the same thing from Cumberland for much less.

    So, while the media has buried the Jets for the next 10 years, face it, the Jets are news & bashing them has become the norm. Meanwhile a team like the Lions with more talent are underachieving worse than us.
    Did the Jets really underachieve?
    The QB certainly did & that's your most important position.
    We have another draft with most of our picks. Pass rushing LBs are numerous this year.
    We have more of a base to work from than a lot of teams.
    I just hope Woody is smart enough to hire the right people to straighten out the perception of the Jets, which started with Rex running his mouth & Tannenbaum proving on Hardknocks that he's an egotistic accountant that has no clue how to build a team.
    We are all still here.
    Go Jets
    All of this, including what the media is saying....WAS CREATED BY THE JETS!!!

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree that other teams that are in worse shape than the Jets get a lot less attention but hey the Jets are in New York! I can see the Jets turning this around quickly with a few healthy bodies and a few decent draft picks and a few free agents. To get better than New England the Jets would need some minor miracles though. The first one could start this weekend with McElroy. I'm actually impressed that the Jets picked him to start over Tebow and mainly they say because he has been getting better during practice and Tebow has not.
    The Jets actually going with a player because he's getting better? That's a step in the right direction.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a group of very few blind homers who refuse to see the JETS for what they are. The JETS are not just "bad", they are frauds. They lie to their fanbase and their first priority is not winning but selling a product. It is beyond pathetic. Most fans see this and almost all of the media who are a lot closer and see much more of the inner workings of Woody Johnson's JETS.

    The Bills, chiefs, panthers, chargers, raiders, and cards re just "bad" , and as a fan I could live with that because there is hope.

    With the Woody Johnson run JETS there is no hope unless the owner sells the team.

    Ask yourself, if the owner fires Rex and Tanny, are you confident that he will hire the right people to build a championship?

    Or is there a better shot at getting Rex and Tanny part II? (circus leaders)

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the point of the OP was to say that their are teams in worse shape then the Jets who have had worse years and were expected to be better then the Jets coming into this season. Perfect example of media bias is Mike and Mike. They projected the Jets to go 6-10 this year yet have been killing them for being bad. What kind of dumb sh*t is that? On the other end of the spectrum is the Panthers who were expected to be close to a playoff spot and their QB was supposed to turn into a top 5 QB this year and they completely failed miserably. But where is the backlash for that?

    And Patman, you're looking through the lens of a Patriots fan. You don't know how the majority of Jets fans feel. And you can look at many teams on April 1st and not see a completed picture, that's why there is 5 months after April 1st to complete that picture. Nobody knows what will happen, not even you. You may be surprised and you may not be. One thing that is for certain is that the Jets won't sit on their hands and do nothing, that is not in their nature, especially after what happened this year. The owner will push for dramatic change to alter the outlook of this franchise. I don't know what that is but it's going to happen.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    We dont have a QB
    We dont have a starting caliber RB
    Our receivers outside of Holmes couldnt start on any other team
    Our TEs can either catch or block but cant do both.
    We need 2 new OGs and our RT is a JAG UDFA
    We need 2 new OLBs
    Our star/HOF CB wants a new contract that we can not afford
    We are in Cap hell
    Our GM is an accountant not a personell guy
    Our HC is a glorified DC who doesnt hold players accountable and has shown no improvement as a HC


    All this and you claim the gloom and doom is a media creation?
    Ive been a fan only since 1983, but i can tellyou with certainty that we have some tough years ahead of us. Unless Woody is willing to do the right thing and clean house its going to take far longer to turn this arround
    +1

    Train-wreck time.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I had no hopes of the Jets winning a Super Bowl this year and from a record standpoint there probably not going to be far off from most peoples predictions even without Revis and Holmes. However, Sanchez has regressed big time and although our record will be better it puts on the same levels as teams like the Cardinals and Chiefs. I'm excited to see what Mac can do in these next two weeks but the question still needs to be asked, where's the next Jets QB coming from? This draft is not a great draft for QB's and non of the free agents out there are the answer. That alone makes me think that we're in for a 2 year (at least) rebuilding project.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I think the point of the OP was to say that their are teams in worse shape then the Jets who have had worse years and were expected to be better then the Jets coming into this season. Perfect example of media bias is Mike and Mike. They projected the Jets to go 6-10 this year yet have been killing them for being bad. What kind of dumb sh*t is that? On the other end of the spectrum is the Panthers who were expected to be close to a playoff spot and their QB was supposed to turn into a top 5 QB this year and they completely failed miserably. But where is the backlash for that?

    And Patman, you're looking through the lens of a Patriots fan. You don't know how the majority of Jets fans feel. And you can look at many teams on April 1st and not see a completed picture, that's why there is 5 months after April 1st to complete that picture. Nobody knows what will happen, not even you. You may be surprised and you may not be. One thing that is for certain is that the Jets won't sit on their hands and do nothing, that is not in their nature, especially after what happened this year. The owner will push for dramatic change to alter the outlook of this franchise. I don't know what that is but it's going to happen.
    The majority of jet fans feel the same way as the majority of patriot fans would feel given the same situation. My son has been a jets fan since they drafted Keyshawn Johnson 16 years ago. Two guys in the office are transplanted jet fans, one from Passaic and one from Farmingdale. The owners of my company are from Connecticut and have PSLs.

    Of course no one knows what will happen when the league year starts. The OP mentioned the oline as a strength. My point was why even mention it when 3 of the starters are FA.

    One of the main causes of concern for my friends who are fans is that the "jets just won't ride it out" but do something rash to limit the 2014 cap flexibility.

    The change the jets need is a director of football operations and for the owner to write checks (as he has in the past) and stay away from the football side of things (as he has not) that is the only dramatic thing that needs to take place.

    About Mike and Mike, they are not bashing the jets about the final record but in how the final recrd is not indicative about the jets performance in both the wins and losses. If they lost those 8 games by 3 or 4 points likethe first NE Game, and if the beat the Arizona and Jacksonville the way they beat the Bills to open the season, the clamor will be muted. If Sanchez contract was not the way it is and the jets could just cut him like 99% of the other players in the NFL they will be less noise. QBs bomb all the time, but putting yourself in a position not to move on is unusual. Then the stupid Tebow fiasco, The best WR being a bad teammate now on his 2nd team and who most likely would not even be on this team if his money/cap situation mandated it.

    Believe me, as a patriot fan for over 45 years, i seen enough of football futility to recognize it when I see it.
    Last edited by patman; 12-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread reminds me of a kid who cuts classes/days at school and tells his or her parents "everyone does it". My answer is, "I don't give a F**k about anyone else, I only care about you".

    So.......

    I don't give a F**k about Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville or anyone else. I care about one team, and one team only-The NY Jets and they have been the most boring, predictable snooze fest of a team now for the past 2 seasons. They have no QB, no RB, no WR, a mediocre O Line, no TE, have drafted pass rushers forever and still cannot rush the passer, slow LB'ers and a coach with a BIG MOUTH.

    We as Jet fans have had to endure a TD less Preseason claiming they were reinventing offense as we know it which was a smoke screen for "we have no f'ing idea what we are doing". Obviously they tried to become the NY Dolphins and failed as miserably as the Miami Dolcraps did.

    34-0 at home in a game which the opposing QB ran a wildcat the way we fantasized it could run, but could never execute it.
    30-9 at home to the pathetic Dolcraps at home
    49-19 at home including Buttbowl on Thanksgiving night
    Shut out offensively by Seattle that is a good defense, but by no means the 85 Bears for gods sakes
    B A R E L Y squeaked by a pathetic Jax team that should have beaten us too but were just that more inept than we were.
    Embarrassed on National TV Monday at TN with more QB turnovers than there are stars in this galaxy.

    I could go on and on

    Sorry and with all due respect to the OP but....

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA


    I cannot buy into feeling sorry for this rancid organization. Their pathetic choice of field personnel, coaching personnel, this disgusting PSL thing, and our greedy billionaire used douche bag owner all make me want to vomit. I used to go to Shea stadium when tickets were $12.00 so I cannot relate to this level of greed. What makes it 1000 times worse is we have a dynasty in our division that we cannot even get close to beating, another team that shares our stadium that is every bit the organization I wish the Jets were, and, they have more of a rivalry between them because they met in 2 Super Bowls than the Jets do.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    the NY media sells a whole lot more than these other places you mentioned combined, so JETS will always be a hot topic for them.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't recall the Bills, chiefs, panthers, chargers, raiders, cards, and many more claiming that they'll be meeting the president soon, winning Super Bowls, won't be kissing someone else's rings, has taken a town from a team that then ***** slapped them with 2 Super Bowl rings since that claim, held a major press conference and a private jet for a backup QB, claimed this season was the best roster they've ever had, had a "footgate", etc etc etc.....

    The Jets are the loud drunk guy at parties. The guy who makes everyone laugh, does ridiculously silly thing, usually falls and breaks a table or some other furniture, tells everyone that he loves them, and then passes out and gets dicks drawn all over his face. Then the next day everyone looks back and laughs about all the silly antics but quietly says to themselves "man that dude has problems".
    Last edited by Snell41; 12-21-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us