Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloom & Doom a media creation

Did you guys think for one moment we were going to get close to another Superbowl with this group after 2 close calls?
    Seriously?
    We went all in to get a Superbowl appearance & lost both AFCCCs!

We rented Edwards, LT, Fanaca, Woody, TRich
    All guys on the other side of 30

We ALMOST DID IT.

The mistake the Jets made was putting a rookie QB with 16 college starts in there as QB.
    That was their biggest mistake.
    Add in Tannys other mistakes of signing Holmes & Harris to contracts not even close to their output, along with the incredibly stupid Sanchez extension & there you have it.

I've followed this team since 1968 & I can tell you that 2009, 2010 were funs rides compared to what us Jet fans have been through before.
    Now we can only hope that the reboot that Woody might embark on will give us another shot in 3 years. That's where we are now & you can't go back.
    Sanchez was a mistake, it will hurt us.

It's not easy to win a Superbowl. The Pats have the best QB & coach in the game & they haven't been back in YEARS.

The one thing I agree on with everyone is that it's time this organization takes a longer lens view at building this thing back up.
    Brady will not play forever & the Jets need to be building for the Pats demise because it will come. Just look to the Broncos to see the Franchise QB effect.
    Jets have 2-5 years to put a plan together that includes no quick fixes & using the draft the way it's intended. The new CBA will go along way to mitigate damages of having a few misses.
    I'll be there watching like always.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Did you guys think for one moment we were going to get close to another Superbowl with this group after 2 close calls?
    Seriously?
    No. But the coach sure said it 1000 times anyway. We are a product of our own brash, loud coach. Not even saying he's a bad coach but when you talk and talk and talk you better back it up or face the embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Train-wreck time.

SAR I
    Everyone picked the Jets for 6-10, 7-9?
    That was before we lost Holmes & Revis
    Now everyones shocked.
    We had a lot of injuries & Sanchez blows

When you hire Sparano and trade for Tebow (to run the wildcat), yet never do it, when Sanchez performs at a comically bad level leading to a benching and then reinstating (for inexplicable reasons), when you make the only QB who has played well inactive (as punishment for playing well), when you have 2 straight national TV embarrassments, then sorry, you are a laughingstock. QB is the glamour position and no team has handled their situation worse than the Jets this year. They are as big of a joke as any team in the league right now for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    When you hire Sparano and trade for Tebow (to run the wildcat), yet never do it, when Sanchez performs at a comically bad level leading to a benching and then reinstating (for inexplicable reasons), when you make the only QB who has played well inactive (as punishment for playing well), when you have 2 straight national TV embarrassments, then sorry, you are a laughingstock. QB is the glamour position and no team has handled their situation worse than the Jets this year. They are as big of a joke as any team in the league right now for that reason alone.
    Oh, I agree as a fan it's been embarrassing. I was pissed when Rex named Mark the starter for the Jags game.
    Then, not dressing him for the Titans proved what an absolute blowhard he is when it comes to offense. Think about that....he makes the HUGE MOVE to bench Sanchez to save their season...then Macelroy actually gets it done to keep them alive.....then he doesn't dress him for another MUST WIN and he can't even go to him when Sanchez basically plays WORSE if that's even possible than the Cardinals game.
    If I'm an owner, that decision alone is a fireable offence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I don't recall the Bills, chiefs, panthers, chargers, raiders, cards, and many more claiming that they'll be meeting the president soon, winning Super Bowls, won't be kissing someone else's rings, has taken a town from a team that then ***** slapped them with 2 Super Bowl rings since that claim, held a major press conference and a private jet for a backup QB, claimed this season was the best roster they've ever had, had a "footgate", etc etc etc.....

The Jets are the loud drunk guy at parties. The guy who makes everyone laugh, does ridiculously silly thing, usually falls and breaks a table or some other furniture, tells everyone that he loves them, and then passes out and gets dicks drawn all over his face. Then the next day everyone looks back and laughs about all the silly antics but quietly says to themselves "man that dude has problems".
    So even though Rex made that claim in 2009 the Bowl the Giants won from the 07 season was part of the claim??

Oh, I agree as a fan it's been embarrassing. I was pissed when Rex named Mark the starter for the Jags game.
    Then, not dressing him for the Titans proved what an absolute blowhard he is when it comes to offense. Think about that....he makes the HUGE MOVE to bench Sanchez to save their season...then Macelroy actually gets it done to keep them alive.....then he doesn't dress him for another MUST WIN and he can't even go to him when Sanchez basically plays WORSE if that's even possible than the Cardinals game.
    If I'm an owner, that decision alone is a fireable offence.
    That is only if you believe he wasn't TOLD to do exactly that. Do you think it is not common policy for coaches to claim it is all their decision? He even stated that "After I talked to everyone in the organization". You have to look at it from the other side; they have millions and millions invested into these two 1st round busts and they have to be absolutely sure before commiting a major kick in the b*lls to the franchise by saying MS & TT are not what we thought they were. It ain't all Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    We dont have a QB
    We dont have a starting caliber RB
    Our receivers outside of Holmes couldnt start on any other team
    Our TEs can either catch or block but cant do both.
    We need 2 new OGs and our RT is a JAG UDFA
    We need 2 new OLBs
    Our star/HOF CB wants a new contract that we can not afford
    We are in Cap hell
    Our GM is an accountant not a personell guy
    Our HC is a glorified DC who doesnt hold players accountable and has shown no improvement as a HC

All this and you claim the gloom and doom is a media creation?
    Ive been a fan only since 1983, but i can tellyou with certainty that we have some tough years ahead of us. Unless Woody is willing to do the right thing and clean house its going to take far longer to turn this arround
    Agreed. We are so ****ed. The talent level is so far below the elite teams, most of our players would be backups on Houston, NE, San Fran, Baltimore, etc.

All Pro
    The only thing more predictable than the Jets snooze fest is another snooze fest of a SOJF circle jerk

Mods please merge with the other 1000 woe-is-me SOJF threads

Now everyones shocked.
    Vegas over and under was 8.5 games.

Again, it is not the final record that is shocking, the jets may wind up 8-8 even.
    It is how they looked in both the games they won and the games they lost.
    Then throw in the ownership/FO/personnel/coaching decisions that leave the jets open to criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Vegas over and under was 8.5 games.

Again, it is not the final record that is shocking, the jets may wind up 8-8 even.
    It is how they looked in both the games they won and the games they lost.
    Then throw in the ownership/FO/personnel/coaching decisions that leave the jets open to criticism.
    I don't think anyone thought Sachez would be this bad.
    He really is the worst QB in the league that has 4 years under his belt
    Titans game was unwatchable!
    Couldn't even throw a 6 yard pass on point without pressure?

Now everyones shocked.
    You dont get it.
    Its not about this year's record.
    Its about how bad this team is from top to bottom. Front office, coaching, and players. They are all bad.

How many of our starters would start on other teams?
    Mangold, maybe Ferguson, maybe Holmes, Revis, Cro, Landry, Harris and Wilkerson. Thats it. And 3 of those guys are in the secondary!!

We have a serious lack of taklent with little cap room and a front office and coaching staff that I have little faith in to turn it around.