Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Post reports Jets "shocked" how poorly Tebow practiced...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    +1

This board absolutely blew up when the trade happened. Except for the Tebow fans, we all saw this coming a mile away. Rex, Tony S, and Mike need to STFU and GTFO.
    I understand the anger at the FO and HC, but can we at least keep in mind that we don't know if the trade for Tebow came from Woody or not? If it did, Tannenbaum and Rex had no choice in the matter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You know this how? You have no credibility; NFL coaaches refer to Rex's D as "state of the art" so there goes your intellect theory.

Try me again, though. Your repetitive chest thumping about Rex's weaknesses must have a point of origin in your mind. Please explain yourself clearly.
    Do tell. I've always heard Rex's defense characterized as a rehash of his Dad's schemes from 30 years ago. Who are these coaches you speak of? Any links to the 'state of the art' claim?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Do tell. I've always heard Rex's defense characterized as a rehash of his Dad's schemes from 30 years ago. Who are these coaches you speak of? Any links to the 'state of the art' claim?
    WCO

Do apply ban hammer to worthless troll already permabanned TWICE

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    WCO

Do apply ban hammer to worthless troll already permabanned TWICE

I asked WCO a viable question yet there you go again,,,begging and whining to Mods for a banning. I thought you claimed you never stooped to that? Grow a pair Skippy.

How many times have you been banned here BTW? I've never been banned on a Pats site. What's your story?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a joke, not only with the Tebow disaster, but the fact that this team has more leaks than a dam in Denmark. The Jets have done a lot of dumb things in their history, but I think this is by far the most embarrassing period in their entire existence.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
    Per Rotoworld...
    A source tells the Post that coach Rex Ryan and OC Tony Sparano "had no idea" how to use Tebow once it became evident that Greg McElroy was improving at a greater rate. The organization was reportedly "frozen with fear" over the Tebowmania factor, coTncerned that the controversy would wreak havoc with Mark Sanchez's psyche. The Jets bungled every aspect of the Tebow acquisition.
    Source: New York Post Dec 21 - 11:39 AM
    While I thought Rex's comments about not kissing Belichick's rings were a bit ill advised I gave him credit for having the cajones to say it. It seemed clear at that time Rex didn't give a F what anyone thought and was going to do whatever it took to make the team a SB contender.

If the Post article is accurate Rex has been exposed as a fraud. Any coach worth his salt does not give 2 sh!ts worrying about what fans/players will think regarding necessary personnel moves.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    "IF the NY Post was accurate"

It would mark the first time since acquired by Newscorp

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yt is right

Teblow is too stupid and incompetent to quarterback an NFL style offense with things like forward passes.

So if you are dumb enough to hire Teblow you have to throw your entire playbook in the garbage can and run the dopey Florida Gaytor offense with only five plays ...the five that Timmy can remember...Timmy left...Timmy right...Timmy up the middle...Timmy laterals and Timmy hurls the ball not near anyone.

The Broncos tried this for one season but Elway saw what a failure it is and got rid of this bust.

Sadly the Jets picked him up. Every time though they tried to run the Teblow offense though they nevrr could get past Timmy play number 3

Timmy left ...two yards..second and eight

Timmy right...minus four third and 12

Timmy up the middle..one yard..fourrh and 11

Punt

Not once did we get to Timmy laterals or Timmy hurls the ball not near anyone

Fortunately the stiff is gone in just over a week to the Elite League of India

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "IF the NY Post was accurate"

It would mark the first time since acquired by Newscorp

LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like Tebow but to suggest that that guy doesn't bust his absolute ass in practice blows my mind, which is how this article comes across.

If they didn't know he could throw simply from tape then these guys all need exiled from the league.

You take Tebow's size and mobility, McElroy's head, and Sanchez's arm and you have an NFL QB.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The direct quote from Gruden last monday "(that's a ) state of the art defense right there."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The direct quote from Gruden last monday "(that's a ) state of the art defense right there."
    I think he also referenced how the 46 D didn't work in a particular situation (after the 94 yard run maybe?). I honestly mean no disrespect with this comment, but I think Gruden was trying to find ANYTHING in that game of which he could put even a slightly positive spin. I've never heard any other coach call Rex's D innovative, but have often heard it compared to his Dad's D, which is hardly considered advanced today.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 12-21-2012 at 04:18 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're really gonna quote Gruden during a MNF broadcast? Pretty sure he said Sanchez was heating up after 2 consecutive completions. MNF broadcasters are propaganda ministers to begin with, not to mention Gruden never has a mean thing to say by the off chance he interviews with teams this off-season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Something that we can all agree on is that while Tebow will be gone, you'll still be a farking idiot. That's something that just isn't going to change, no matter where Tebow goes or who comes in as QB here for the Jets.

That gives me some peace of mind.
    Thank you.

Tebow and the dopey FL offense won the national championship in 2008. In 2009 going 13-1 Tebow in the bowl game went 31 for 35 for 482 yards and 533 total yards. Still BCS records. Look it up.

SG3, U R clueless with your hate just to hate. Shame to see people who are dicks and don't know it.
    Last edited by Dreaming Daddy; 12-21-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in NYC one of the greatest places on the planet and travel when I feel like it to some of the other great places.

You live in Horsefeathers Kentucky, muck the stalls, feed the chickens any pray to your false idol..St Timmy.

Not much of a comparison in the sucking area..

Good news though...When you find yourself rooting for Teblow and the Sri Lanka Scorpions of the Elite League of India I hope you'll be able to get away and see your hero in a league where he's not overmatched

Just because someone is rich, smart, and lives in a nice place...doesn't mean they're not an *******.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    While I thought Rex's comments about not kissing Belichick's rings were a bit ill advised I gave him credit for having the cajones to say it. It seemed clear at that time Rex didn't give a F what anyone thought and was going to do whatever it took to make the team a SB contender.

If the Post article is accurate Rex has been exposed as a fraud. Any coach worth his salt does not give 2 sh!ts worrying about what fans/players will think regarding necessary personnel moves.
    1) I think they saw Sanchez (or came to see Sanchez) as lacking the strong belief such as Manning or Brady. Knowing that would not change without experience, they decided to pump his ego (when needed) as a strategy. That is the genesis of that statement. Anyone can tell you that Rex loves to pump up his players; not sure that makes him a fraud.

2) Then why is there such a thing as locker room chemistry; why is it so respected; why is it so misunderstood?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he also referenced how the 46 D didn't work in a particular situation (after the 94 yard run maybe?). I honestly mean no disrespect with this comment, but I think Gruden was trying to find ANYTHING in that game of which he could put even a slightly positive spin. I've never heard any other coach call Rex's D innovative, but have often heard it compared to his Dad's D, which is hardly considered advanced today.
    Gruden's comments about the defense were (for the most part, at that point in the game) on the topic of how well they were playing versus the bad positions the Jets offense put them in. He certainly had nothing to gain by kissing Rex's butt.

Vinny, don't start a pissing match. Grab your wife if you want to play "He Said, She Said".

BTW that was GREAT blocking of the 46 on the Johnson run; the center walled off both Scott and Bo. I was surprised Gruden didn't mention the playoff game agaisnt Jets when Nap Kaufman ran a 70 yarder (similar to Hearst) against Herm's Jets in the 2001 WC game

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the article

Tebow

Here's MY biggest issue with this piece...

A source said the Jets were shocked at how poor Tebow played in practice soon after he arrived. As Tebow struggled, McElroy improved and eventually gained the coaching staff’s backing. So when Ryan decided to give Sanchez the hook this week, his trust was in McElroy.

There was also the “Tebowmania” factor. One source described the organization as “frozen with fear” that Tebow would actually excel, creating a quarterback controversy that would wreck Sanchez’s psyche. Tebow wound up being more effective as the personal protector on the punt team than as an offensive player.
    OK...just so I have this straight.

1. The Jets were shocked at how poorly Tebow practiced.
    2. McElroy improved and gained confidence from the coaching staff.
    3. The Jets were "afraid" Tebow would "excel".
    4. This, in turn, would hurt Sanchez's psyche?

So, Tebow practices poorly, yet the Jets are afraid that he'll somehow excel (because we all know when you practice poorly, you'll excel on the field), which will bruise the fragile ego of our esteemed fragile QB, who did more to hurt himself than any QB I've seen in recent memory, all the while keeping the one fking guy who was practicing well enough to not only help win the Arizona game, but gain respect from the coaching staff, on the bench, or inactive.

And some people wonder why this organization is a laughing stock. Larry David couldn't write funnier material.

This team is a joke from top to bottom.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW that was GREAT blocking of the 46 on the Johnson run; the center walled off both Scott and Bo. I was surprised Gruden didn't mention the playoff game agaisnt Jets when Nap Kaufman ran a 70 yarder (similar to Hearst) against Herm's Jets in the 2001 WC game
    Not trying to derail the thread, but
    +1 That was great blocking, though I thought it was a pretty foolish play call by us for just that reason since you knew they were gonna run. Rex just has too much faith in mediocre-at-best talent.

I disagree with you about Scott though, the way I saw it and rewatched it, Scott picked the 4 hole and was wrong.
    I could see the disbelief in his body language when he shifted left and no one was in the backfield.
    It said, "I'm old, slow, and over the hill." Followed by "touchdown."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What a crock from Wrecks Lying

Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
    Per Rotoworld...

According to the New York Post, the Jets were "shocked" at how poorly Tim Tebow played in practices soon after the team traded for him.

A source tells the Post that coach Rex Ryan and OC Tony Sparano "had no idea" how to use Tebow once it became evident that Greg McElroy was improving at a greater rate. The organization was reportedly "frozen with fear" over the Tebowmania factor, concerned that the controversy would wreak havoc with Mark Sanchez's psyche. The Jets bungled every aspect of the Tebow acquisition.
    Source: New York Post Dec 21 - 11:39 AM
    Now we find from inside sources that Greg was greatly improving in practice but throughout the season these same sources were saying that his practice sessions were not that good. That is why he never saw a snap until the Arizona game. Can't Rex get his story straight. Are we that dumb to believe it? He sure thinks that we are. Fire him