Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NY Post reports Jets "shocked" how poorly Tebow practiced...

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Denver only won because Sanchez threw that pick 6. Tebow still sucked back then. God I can't wait until these worthless parasites go infect another team's fanbase

I would say you just proved his point. Sanchez cost his team the game with a turnover while Tebow drove his team 90 yards to put it away. So Sanchez sucked worse even back then.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Cant speak for sg3 but I don't think any here have any criticism of Tebow as a person..It's that he's not a NFL QB and it was stupid for the Jets to trade for him.
    It was a trade motivated by the wrong reasons by Woody, and compounded by the fact that Tebow was not effective in his role. It was a bad trade the day it happened, and it has proved to be even worse today.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I would say you just proved his point. Sanchez cost his team the game with a turnover while Tebow drove his team 90 yards to put it away. So Sanchez sucked worse even back then.
    LOL...that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Tebow. Ok let's assume Sanchez "sucks even worse", in that case wouldn't it make sense for the Jets to release/trade both of them?

In a way Tebow is LUCKY he's on the Jets because Sanchez's abysmal stats make him shine by default. He wouldn't even be a consideration on a team with a mediocre QB.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Way to sink to his level. Last line was uncalled for.
    U R right. I apologize to to all and him.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    LOL...that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Tebow. Ok let's assume Sanchez "sucks even worse", in that case wouldn't it make sense for the Jets to release/trade both of them?

In a way Tebow is LUCKY he's on the Jets because Sanchez's abysmal stats make him shine by default. He wouldn't even be a consideration on a team with a mediocre QB.
    Well I'm not saying he's an amazing passer or anything, but he scores more touchdowns than turns over the ball. That's a huge improvement over Sanchez. And a few other guys that are currently playing QB. At least he has those basics down.

Sure. Trade them. Release them. Either way.

Though I don't think Tebow got lucky by coming here and not even getting a shot. He would still look better than Sanchez whether or not he was on the Jets. He probably would have gotten a shot to play in Jacksonville this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jacksonville already has the first pick in the draft

So Teblow "leading" them to 0-16 would not have helped

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's a gamer.

On a serious note, this just speaks to the incompetence of our Owner/FO/HC. It has been well-documented how poor Tebow has practiced going back to his college days. He was so bad in Denver he was the fourth string QB.

There is a reason why they call it the "Tebow offense". That is b.c your whole offense has to be catered to him. He cannot perform in a normal NFL offense. EVERYONE knew this. Why didn't our "braintrust" know this?

The only explanation outside of gross incompetence is that Tebow was a publicity stunt.
    Spot on!

There were a few of us who stated the same exact thing but were ridiculed by the homers/Tebow fanatics.

Our ownership is worse than expected and that is saying a lot.

Good FN LORD, "they were shocked."

SHOCKED?????........

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmmm let me get this straight the Jets FO and coaching staff were suprized that a QB that EVERY OTHER GM and talent evaluator in the entire NFL said was a project QB, was in fact truly a project QB....

This isn't TEBOW'S fault at ALL!!! Why attack him!!!!!!

The Jets are run by MORONS!!!!

It is a disgrace................

Good Grief!!!!
    Spot on, as always my good friend.

The lead morons is driven by only profit and any expense

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Spot on!

There were a few of us who stated the same exact thing but were ridiculed by the homers/Tebow fanatics.

Our ownership is worse than expected and that is saying a lot.

Good FN LORD, "they were shocked."

SHOCKED?????........
    Why is being right...not feel so good.

Notice almost NO NONE coverage of the JETS on ESPN.

Woody must be throwing furniture in his office.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-23-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You are a stinking Pat fan
    Any and all of your lame trolling opinions about the Jets are useless garbage.

Stop trailing Jet fans around on a Jet fan message board solely to spew your snarky annoying trollery.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    We also talk about NFL football and not just the Jets. Please be civil.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    OK. I hear ya. SG3 just pisses me off. I think that his mission is to just be a dickhead. I bet his wife and kids hate his guts as well...
    Layoff or use the ignore feature please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Jesus Skippy, you live in freakin' Brooklyn or Queens right? You act like you have a penthouse condo on Central Park West.

You're the first person I've ever heard describe either as one of the best places on earth. You need to get out more.
    Many parts of Brooklyn are now creme de la crem. Seriously. When was the last time you have been there? Like living in Manhattan.

To quote the great financial coach/ advisor Nick Murry...Greatest town in the greatest city.- He speaks of Brooklyn Heights.

In hindsight was the Tebow acquisition a misstep? Well, yeah. But guess what, this happens to many teams; it even happens to the good ones around the league. The reasons why this misstep stands out are two fold:

1. Tebow is a popular and high profile player. He's going to garner attention wherever he goes.

2. More importantly, when you have a team like the Jets that don't have a core strength on their team that can pretty much guarantee a playoff spot every year (which usually appears in the form of a QB);your missteps get highlighted. Look at the Patriots. In recent years, they've invested a ton of picks into their secondary; yet, although it seems they're getting better, is still pretty much mediocre. The reason why you don't hear clamoring about it is because their offense (Tom Brady in particular) is so potent they compensate for this weakness. Even last year when they acquired Albert Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco, the talking heads swore that the acquisition of these two would put the Pats over the top. As we know those two were non factors. This didn't effect the team because Brady (surprise surprise)along with guys like the Gronk were lights out.
    Last edited by Tonetime86; 12-23-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonetime86 View Post
    In hindsight was the Tebow acquisition a misstep? Well, yeah.
    No, actually it was a mistake in foresight as well! Anybody with a brain in their head that cares about the Jets knew that they were in deep **** when they made this move. At best, the move would do nothing and you hope to hell Tebow never sees the field, and at worst, this move would be a part of helping to destroy the team, help to put the final nail in Sanchez's coffin (as if he needed another one), and on and on and on. Nope, nobody with any intelligence was surprised at the outcome of this, and there aren't any nostradmuses around this board that anybody knows of either....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    No, actually it was a mistake in foresight as well! Anybody with a brain in their head that cares about the Jets knew that they were in deep **** when they made this move. At best, the move would do nothing and you hope to hell Tebow never sees the field, and at worst, this move would be a part of helping to destroy the team, help to put the final nail in Sanchez's coffin (as if he needed another one), and on and on and on. Nope, nobody with any intelligence was surprised at the outcome of this, and there aren't any nostradmuses around this board that anybody knows of either....
    The insanity of it all is that now people want the Jets to over pay and trade for Cousins who was a 4th round pick, when the Jets gave up a 4th and a 6th to get Tebow, and will get nothing in return for Tebow.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
    Per Rotoworld...

According to the New York Post, the Jets were "shocked" at how poorly Tim Tebow played in practices soon after the team traded for him.

A source tells the Post that coach Rex Ryan and OC Tony Sparano "had no idea" how to use Tebow once it became evident that Greg McElroy was improving at a greater rate. The organization was reportedly "frozen with fear" over the Tebowmania factor, concerned that the controversy would wreak havoc with Mark Sanchez's psyche. The Jets bungled every aspect of the Tebow acquisition.
    Source: New York Post Dec 21 - 11:39 AM
    ......and that just about sums up this circus.