Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things The Criminal Liberal Media Don't Want You To Know

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Things The Criminal Liberal Media Don't Want You To Know

Gallup: Americans Want Mental Health Laws, Police, Not Banning Guns

Despite the attempts by the Left to use the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut to forward their anti-gun agenda, Americans feel that there are other avenues they would rather explore to protect to innocent children, according to a new Gallup Poll. In order of preference, the poll shows that 53% of Americans would favor an increased police presence at schools, 50% wanted to increase government spending on mental health screening and treatment, 47% thought that gun violence on TV, in movies and in video games should be decreased, and 42% thought the sale of assault and semi-automatic guns should be banned.

Almost as many people (34%) thought that at least one school official in every school should carry a gun as those who favored banning the sale of assault and semi-automatic guns, while 27% felt that the news media should not print or read the names of the shooter. The news blackout of the shooter drew the highest percentage of those who thought it would be ineffective, at 40%, but the gun ban was a close second in the ineffectiveness rating at 36%.

What also becomes clear from the poll is the publicís perception that all of the solutions offered would be fruitless, as 53% was the highest positive rating of any of the remedies.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats was most stark when the subject of banning guns was broached; 61% of Democrats liked the idea while only 26% of Republicans did, a 35% differential. Spending more on mental health screenings also was polarizing; 67% of Democrats favored it while 35% of Republicans did, a 32% gap.

On the other hand, Republicans were more likely to endorse arming school officials and decreasing gun violence displayed on TV, in movies, and in video games.
    Walmarts in at Least Five States Sold Out of Semi-Automatic Guns

After President Barack Obama and liberals seized upon the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre to push for more gun control laws, Walmarts in at at least five states, including Alabama, Pennsylvania, and Kansas, sold out of semi-automatic guns. In addition, bids for handgun magazines have soared on EBay as liberals try to push for laws that restrict how much ammunition people can buy.

Employees at Walmarts in Millbrook and Hoover, Alabama confirmed to Breitbart News that their stores had sold out of semi-automatic guns. They told Breitbart News their stores would restock the sold-out guns but did not know the precise date on which their stores would receive the new shipment.

According to Bloomberg, Walmart said "it would continue to sell guns, including rifles like the one used at Newtown" and has "about 10 modern sporting rifles" listed on its website. Since Walmart will not sell semi-automatic guns online, potential purchasers must enter their zip codes to find the nearest store where they can buy their desired gun.

In April 2011, after reducing the number of guns at its stores in 2006, Walmart "reintroduced firearms to many stores" as part of a "strategy to add merchandise back to shelves and revive sales growth at its Wal-Mart locations in the U.S." According to analysts, while Walmart has not disclosed how much it has made from gun sales, the move may have helped as U.S. Wal-Mart stores post "their first gain in same-store sales in more than two years in October 2011." Bloomberg reported that at an analysts' meeting in October, Walmart's gun revenue increased by 76 percent in the first half of this fiscal year.

According to Bloomberg, the demand for magazines has also increased since Sandy Hook. On EBay, bids for Glock handgun magazines were as high as $118.37, up from $45 on the day of the shooting. Likewise, the high bid for Glock magazines was at $201 on December 17, up from $71.01 before the shootings.
    A Real Public Opinion Poll: 8,000 People a Day Join NRA After Sandy Hook

While the media seizes on the tragedy in Connecticut to tell us that Americans have now largely turned a corner and thrown away their love for 2nd Amendment freedoms, reality tells us something completely different.

The reality is that "8,000 new members" have the joined the National Rifle Association (NRA) every day since the terrible crime at Sandy Hook Elementary School was committed.

To be clear, NRA membership always grows in the days after any incident where gun rights are called into question. But reports indicate that these numbers -- 8,000 a day -- "dwarf past trends."

Perhaps the aftermath of this incident is different because it's one in which the public has a growing knowledge that gun bans, gun-free school zones, and restrictions on law-abiding citizens have only fueled crime by providing the mentally ill and criminally-minded with helpless, soft targets that they can strike at will?

The message 8,000 new NRA members a day is sending is clear: Enough is enough. Gun control is not the answer, law-abiding citizens owning and carrying guns for their own defense is.
    I keep hearing how (according to the left's henchmen in the criminal liberal media), Americans want/demand more gun control. I hear Obumbles on the radio saying he has received 500,000 emails from Americans, SOME OF THEM GUN OWNERS saying we need more gun control... Yet I never hear these stories of WalMarts selling out of semi automatics, or stories of 8,000 people a day joining the NRA since the shootings in Newtown...

If the Little Dictator or any of his rat bastard commie minions want to take away my 2nd Amendment rights, come and take my guns away from me.

I dare ya.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post

If the Little Dictator or any of his rat bastard commie minions want to take away my 2nd Amendment rights, come and take my guns away from me.

I dare ya.....
    Ok tough guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post

I dare ya.....
    Gaaaahhrrrrr they took' ar jobs!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly would a "Mental Health Law" be?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    What exactly would a "Mental Health Law" be?
    I think a Mental Health Law would be a good thing for DeanPatsFan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think a Mental Health Law would be a good thing for DeanPatsFan

Says the poster child for dementia, psychosis, ptsd, and probably tourette's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Ok tough guy.
    You can mock him all you like but the reality is that if the Government tried to confiscate weapons from private citizens they would have a civil war on their hands. Even worse is that it is a civil war they would probably lose. More than 45% of American households have one or more guns. Confiscating them is completely unrealistic.

It is fortunate that the founders were forward thinking enough to put the right to bear arms into the Bill of Rights. Can you say with any certainty that a future American government will not turn against its citizenry? Do you know what the world will look like in 20-50-100 years? Gun ownership was a right granted by the founders for many reasons. First and foremost was to defend against the tyranny of government.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Even worse is that it is a civil war they would probably lose.
    That's because guns work great against nuclear weapons.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    You can mock him all you like but the reality is that if the Government tried to confiscate weapons from private citizens they would have a civil war on their hands.
    Exactly.... The left thinks Sandy Hook was a massacre? Try taking away the guns of law abiding Americans..

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    LMFAO.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    That's because guns work great against nuclear weapons.
    So your contention is that in a civil war the government would launch nukes on its own soil? I'm not sure how much sense that makes. Why bother? I see it more in the historical sense where the government tries to use the military to clamp down on the people similar to Syria, Egypt, Libya and every other recent example from which to draw conclusions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be great for all liberals. Just make more laws just incase we don't enforce the ones already on the books.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to mention Fast and Furious. Obama and Holder are hypocrites.

Why does nobody talk about that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not to mention Fast and Furious. Obama and Holder are hypocrites.

Why does nobody talk about that?
    Alex Jones does all the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Ban
    Troll
    Please
    Thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who in the f--k said anything about coming for anyones guns?! So tired of hearing that bullsh-t mantra by gun nuts wearing their tin foil hats.

Limiting the types of weapons one can purchase is not eliminating guns altogether.

Can't you still play Tony Montana with a handgun or shotgun? You'll still be able to sit on your lazy boy, stare at the door, and wait for all the bad guys to burst in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and if they (whoever the hell they is) wanted to come for your guns, there's nothing you would be able to do about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    Who in the f--k said anything about coming for anyones guns?! So tired of hearing that bullsh-t mantra by gun nuts wearing their tin foil hats.

Limiting the types of weapons one can purchase is not eliminating guns altogether.

Can't you still play Tony Montana with a handgun or shotgun? You'll still be able to sit on your lazy boy, stare at the door, and wait for all the bad guys to burst in.
    And what exactly will limiting even more types of weapons do to prevent more tragedies from occuring?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what exactly will limiting even more types of weapons do to prevent more tragedies from occuring?
    hopefully the same thing stricter DWI laws have done for vehicular fatalities:

In 2010, the rate of alcohol-impaired driving fatalities per 100,000 population was 3.3, representing a 64% decrease since 1982, when record keeping began, and 48% since the inception of The Century Council in 1991. What this translates into is, for every 100,000 people in the US in 2010, slightly more than three people were killed in a drunk driving fatal crash, a rate that has been cut almost in half over the past two decades - down from a rate of 6.3 in 1991.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    hopefully the same thing stricter DWI laws have done for vehicular fatalities:

In 2010, the rate of alcohol-impaired driving fatalities per 100,000 population was 3.3, representing a 64% decrease since 1982, when record keeping began, and 48% since the inception of The Century Council in 1991. What this translates into is, for every 100,000 people in the US in 2010, slightly more than three people were killed in a drunk driving fatal crash, a rate that has been cut almost in half over the past two decades - down from a rate of 6.3 in 1991.
    In that same time frame we also had a massive PR and educational campaign against drinking and driving. Since restrictive gun laws are already on the books in Connecticut and this tragedy occurred in spite of that wouldn't it be prudent to launch a gun safety awareness initiative? Teaching people to keep their weapons locked up and out of the reach of children might actually prevent another tragedy from occurring. Vague calls for "stricter gun laws" are not likely to make any difference what so ever. Rifles are used in less than 3% of gun homicides. Most are committed with illegal and unlicensed handguns. Seems that any new laws you might propose would not deal with the 97% of gun homicides already being perpetrated.