Thread: Report: Harvin, Frazier had heated exchange

Hall Of Fame

Report: Harvin, Frazier had heated exchange

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ated-exchange/

Report: Harvin, Frazier had heated exchange

Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2012, 8:38 PM EST

Vikings receiver Percy Harvin is one of the most explosive players in the NFL. In more ways than one.

His fierce skills come with a fiery (at times) demeanor. The latter reportedly manifested itself earlier this month, via a “heated exchange” with coach Leslie Frazier.

Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com reports, citing “four NFL sources,” that Harvin and Frazier argued “in front of some players and staff members.” That would be at least the second incident between player and coach this season; previously, Harvin was seen jawing at Frazier during a game at Seattle — the same game in which Harvin suffered his ankle injury. During the offseason, Harvin was upset about something other than his contract, and he asked for a trade.

Per Pelissero, some believe that the second argument, not the ankle injury, prompted the decision to put Harvin on injured reserve for the bulk of the season.

If the report is true (and we’ve got no reason to think it isn’t), it’s the latest in a long line of incidents involving Harvin. He clashed with former Vikings coach Brad Childress, with Frazier playing the role of peacemaker more than once. And at Florida, Harvin reportedly grabbed receivers coach Billy Gonzales by the neck and threw him to the ground. Harvin was never disciplined.

The end result could be a decision by the Vikings to get what they can for the 2009 NFL offensive rookie of the year and move on. What they get — and what he’ll get by way of a second contract — could be influenced by his history. Eventually, however, someone will take a chance on a guy who gives any team a better chance to win.
    Where there is smoke . . . This is now multiple times we have heard about him clashing with the organization.

Would him clashing with his organization so much make you question trading for him?

trade them holmes and a draft pick. next years wrs harvin edwards bell kerley white or schillens

Sanchez and a conditional 3rd

Jets Insider VIP
    He can throw a football, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    So he basically wants out because he doesn't like the run first offense managed by a whack QB.

So what about us is exactly different than that situation?

Not going to happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He can throw a football, right?
    I wouldn't doubt it.

But he is a rare player. He is a legit multi-threat. Can line him up anywhere.

Under no circumstances would I trade for him if we plan on hiring another moron OC.

All Pro
    HARVIN!! Give them Holmes and Sanchez...

Honestly - as up and down (and sh*tty all around) as Mark's been THIS year - he's still better than Christian the Pretender Ponder. That guy throws for less yards than James Dearth

Vick + harvin= instant offense

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Vick + harvin= instant offense
    Yeh also instant 6x games missed each

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So he basically wants out because he doesn't like the run first offense managed by a whack QB.

So what about us is exactly different than that situation?

Not going to happen.
    Is Harvin a moron? When Adrian Peterson is on your roster, then by definition, you have a "run-first" offense. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Sanchez and a conditional 3rd
    Yeah Vikes will jump right on that.

No. Thank. You.

Percy Harvin is an injury waiting to happen and we have our slot receiver in Jeremy Kerley who is close to amassing 800 yards this season. I'm quite happy with his rise and production this season. Let's continue to see what he can become while having Holmes, Hill and probably Edwards playing on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Honestly - as up and down (and sh*tty all around) as Mark's been THIS year - he's still better than Christian the Pretender Ponder. That guy throws for less yards than James Dearth
    Absolutely. I would make that trade.

No he is not, Ponder is no great shakes at all, he's still better than Sanchez.
    More tds, less ints, less lost fumbles better comp %. Sanchez has about 100 more yards passing.

People continue to underestimate just how worldy awful our QB is.

I don't get this sites fascination with Harvin. He is really not better then our starting 3. More health concerns and he brings an attitude. He simply isn't worth the money it would take to sign him. Holmes 2.0

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No he is not, Ponder is no great shakes at all, he's still better than Sanchez.
    More tds, less ints, less lost fumbles better comp %. Sanchez has about 100 more yards passing.

People continue to underestimate just how worldy awful our QB is.
    I don't know man.

I'm not one to make excuses for Sanchez (Pettigrew yo!) but Ponder has been exactly who i thought he was. A useless noodle-armed QB. Pennington had more zip after tearing his rotation cuff than Ponder. He'll never throw for over 300 yards again. (has he ever)

With Peterson, Sanchez would function in that offense.

Either way - bring that Gator' over here. I hate this team's lack of Florida.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't know man.

I'm not one to make excuses for Sanchez (Pettigrew yo!) but Ponder has been exactly who i thought he was. A useless noodle-armed QB. Pennington had more zip after tearing his rotation cuff than Ponder. He'll never throw for over 300 yards again. (has he ever)

With Peterson, Sanchez would function in that offense.

Either way - bring that Gator' over here. I hate this team's lack of Florida.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. I'm done with sanchez and want him gone. You're snoozing at my dislike for Ponder?

Bad post.