Thread: " Last home game in green for DeVito ? " ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame

Question " Last home game in green for DeVito ? " ? ? ?

Last home game in green for DeVito ?

Mike DeVito will be a free agent at the end of this season and, after proving himself on the field this year, the defensive end could have options.If another team does manage to snap up DeVito, this Sunday's game against San Diego could be his last in hometown green."Definitely strange. I'm kind of looking at it like nothing's guaranteed," DeVito said. "I have two games left and I don't know what's going to happen next year. So I'm going to enjoy every minute I get a chance to be on this field, be with these guys and play in these last two games, because you just don't know."

DeVito said he wants to stay in New York. His grandfather was a football coach in Rockland County, where DeVito was born. Although he moved north at a young age, he still has roots here."I'm a New York guy," DeVito said. "My family's over here, been here for six years. I love this organization, love the people here, so we'll see how it plays out." DeVito isn't the only defensive stalwart who could leave town. Linebacker Bart Scott said Thursday that he didn't want to discuss his future with the team yet. He stands to be paid $7 million next year, but at age 32 and with a case of turf toe that has hampered him all season, the team might not be willing to pay.

Linebacker Bryan Thomas, 33, who has also dealt with injuries this season, is another who likely won't return."This probably will be the last two weeks of this group playing together," Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said.

"It definitely would be interesting if everybody went their own ways," DeVito said. "We have been in this defense together for four years now. It's been so similar, which I think is strange for the NFL."So although there is certainly in not making the playoffs, the audition for the 2013 Jets is under way, and players like DeVito can't even be sure if the front office they negotiate with will be the same.

"You just have no idea what's going on," DeVito said. "You see every year in the NFL so much turnover all the time, but you just don't know. So all I can handle is what I do in these last two games."

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...een-for-devito

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd like to keep DeVito

Scott Thomas can empty out their lockers

Along with Smith Pouha Pace and any if the other slower than molasses and older than dust gang on the current roster.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    I hope he is one of the players that stays

cheers ~ ~

All Pro
    Devito is a good guy and a good player. Versatile, reliable and valuable. I hope he stays a Jet.

All Pro
    He can only stay if he becomes a backup. It is Coples time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    agreed and his contract should be just that. we cant keep paying players for sentimental reasons. we need to build a winner not a sanctuary for old diminishing players just because they are good guys.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'd like to keep DeVito

Scott Thomas can empty out their lockers

Along with Smith Pouha Pace and any if the other slower than molasses and older than dust gang on the current roster.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You understand we drafted Bo a year after the Pats got Wilfork in the draft...but his back is acting up, so...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    agreed. I think he will consider that. well ,... I hope he will

Hall Of Fame
    DeVito : We would have won games with Tebow

Mike DeVito believes Tim Tebow should have been given a chance.

“I’d be lying if I said I didn't feel bad for Tim and how it went down,” DeVito said Friday on WFAN.

Tebow, the Jets’ much-hyped offseason acquisition, was rendered a nonfactor this past season, either due to his own lack of talent and ability or the coaching staff’s refusal to commit to the their “Tebow package.” During...

> http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ebow-1.4406692