Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cimini: WR Hill Needs Knee Surgery

Cimini: WR Hill Needs Knee Surgery

@RichCimini: Hill needs surgery on knee: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. Jets wide receiver Stephen Hill will have athroscopic surg... http://t.co/ZJj1UtEU #nyj

Actually Hill needs hand surgery

.....to to learn how to catch..

Seriously he'll be ready next year..scope is not that bad

Hall Of Fame
    This year was a complete wash for the kid.

Hopefully we hire a great OC that he can learn under. Really hoping he pans out. The game he got hurt, he finally started catching with his hands.

All Pro
    Just hope this won't be his theme of his career.

Jets Insider VIP
    A developmental player...undeveloped.

Hill will be a solid WR. It was unfair making him a starter in his rookie year.

I know he came as a "raw talent" who needs time to develop but a little heat has to be put on Sanjay Lal for the lack of improvement during the season. Not that I expected Calvin Johnson by now but I expected to see real improvement and it just hasn't happen. I actually think the drop in the Pats game really screwed him up.

If he doesn't spend his off-season in front of a Juggs Machine, he'll be a No.4 or 5 receiver next year and possibly off the team in 2014. There's no excuse for having as inconsistent hands as he had this year. I watched him at Georgia Tech and when the ball was thrown his way, he almost always came down with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Scope is easy but there can always be snags.

Rookie
    Scoping the knee is akin to getting your toenails cut.

Veteran
    I am unsure what inprovment is to be expected the way Sanchize played. Hill will be solid next year with McElroy running the O. I know, i know,,,, I have high hopes for the kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If he doesn't spend his off-season in front of a Juggs Machine, he'll be a No.4 or 5 receiver next year and possibly off the team in 2014. There's no excuse for having as inconsistent hands as he had this year. I watched him at Georgia Tech and when the ball was thrown his way, he almost always came down with it.
    he needs to improve his strength and conditioning regime also he was constantly hindered by hamstring issues.

keep braylon to teach tutor and teach him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he needs to improve his strength and conditioning regime also he was constantly hindered by hamstring issues.

Not sure how much value Braylon has as a mentor.

Hill needs coaching and playing time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He needs to develop, like most WRs do when then move from college to the pros.

No one should be surprised that he needs time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I know he came as a "raw talent" who needs time to develop but a little heat has to be put on Sanjay Lal for the lack of improvement during the season. Not that I expected Calvin Johnson by now but I expected to see real improvement and it just hasn't happen. I actually think the drop in the Pats game really screwed him up.

All I've heard all year from the Sanchez supporters is that the WRs are constantly running the "wrong" routes. I've never even heard of this phenomenon wrt other teams, yet people seem quite adamant that this is a real problem for the offense (how anyone can claim this without extensive analysis of the all-22 tape and the actual Jets playbook in their hands I have no idea). If so, Lal should be another one on the chopping block, no? I mean, that's his job?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He needs to develop, like most WRs do when then move from college to the pros.

No one should be surprised that he needs time to develop.
    No one is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not sure how much value Braylon has as a mentor.

Hill needs coaching and playing time.
    I think Edwards would be willing to take the kid under his wings.

If nothing else, Hill can simply watch and learn the professional game from Edwards. The little things. The nuances. Things that can't be taught :::here comes the BE hate:::

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    No one is.
    Ha! Plenty here have already proclaimed him a bust and insist he can't learn how to catch the ball properly..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    No one is.
    Really? Blaming the coaches for his slow development, no excuses for his hands, a developmental player, on and on says they are, read down the list.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ha! Plenty here have already proclaimed him a bust and insist he can't learn how to catch the ball properly..
    He's not a bust. He's a developmental project.

The question is, should you draft developmental projects that high?