Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Mark have a future in the NFL?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Mark have a future in the NFL?

After next year (barring a miracle that a team takes him off our hands) what does Mark's future hold? I see him getting brought into a few training camps in the next few years to 'compete' for a starting job, presumably to lose and be a career journeyman backup. Cardinals come to mind and could actually be a good fit for him, not that I think he will find success, (I think the only success he will find would be in the CFL but I doubt he'd ever get that desperate) it's just he would have a great duo with Larry and a young talented receiver in Floyd.

Another question, is it unreasonable to consider the notion that he may be out of the NFL in three - four years? Does Mark's early success buy him extra time? It certainly bought him extended time with the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he'll be out of the league soon. Just my guy feeling. He looks worse than most backups in the league, and he is getting all the reps.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, he'll definitely have a "job" in 2013. i would guess that by 2014 someone will bring him into camp to compete. he may or may not get the backup job. wouldn't expect him to keep it for very long. out of a job by 2016 the latest.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What, no one else realizes wherever he goes, he will beat us in a game that keeps us out of the playoffs? Such is our luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    >McElroy14

That didn't take long.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe with another franchise but not with us JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on what your definition of future is.

Will he be a successful starter? No.

Will he get another job? Yes. He might even start a couple of games for his next team but that will be all.

I don't think he will have longevity as a backup like David Carr. I don't think he likes football enough to stick around to be a backup. Combine that with his limited talent and he will be out of the league by 2016.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington and Brett Favre recently had career type years when they left the Jets. We have horrible offensive minds and coaches. We have no idea how to build an offense or develop a QB.

I'm not saying Sanchez will be great elsewhere but the odds are he goes somewhere and has success.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Chad Pennington and Brett Favre recently had career type years when they left the Jets. We have horrible offensive minds and coaches. We have no idea how to build an offense or develop a QB.

I'm not saying Sanchez will be great elsewhere but the odds are he goes somewhere and has success.
    You are right. But Penny and Favre are both much better QBs than Sanchez could ever dream of being. Sanchez has issues that go beyond coaching.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He should try playing ball with these guys.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When he is given a fresh start say in 2013 or 2014 he will prosper and do well. I dont think he will ever be a star but with the right coaching and right situation (ie some talent) he will be ok.
    I can pretty much guarantee he will come back to beat us and cost us something major during his career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes

The only Jet QB with zero future is Teblow because

1. He's not an NFL QB

and

2. He SUCKS

fortunately he's only a Jet problem for two inactive list games and 8 days

Then

Buh Bye

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will be a top tier back-up QB. That's his ceiling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say he has been following the David Carr career path. Maybe he gets another shot at some point due to injury, and has Kerry Collins like success. He's going to need a few years on the bench to grow up, and get over his post traumatic stress disorder. Tebow will learn to block and catch or find a new career in the Peace corps.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worse QBs have found work after being cut. Heck Russell had on offer on the table before he was arrested. It would have to be for a team with an established starter. Mark will never be a starter again baring injury IMO. If Hannie can get a BU job after his work in Chi I don't see why not Mark. The Latin click alone will be worth it for some teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some NFL coach with a roster spot will take him on as a reclamation project as a 3rd qb. He is only 26 next year and if the guy puts some work into him he can have a cheap B/U

If Andy Reid takes a year off, I could see him doing it, a coach that runs a west coast offense that utilizes a roll out QB.

He has to sit for a year watch film, work on his mechanics, get over being shell shocked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will be in Cortland next camp, mark my words...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will go the way of another great USC QB Matt Leinart and be a career backup on a bunch of different teams.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    >McElroy14

That didn't take long.
    Lol, I made this name on the hope that he somehow turns into a star. trust me I know this isn't likely at all, I've posted how I doubt he is the long term solution, but hey you never know.

And no I'm not a McElroy koolaider either just couldn't really think of a name and he had just won us the Arizona game so I said what the heck.