Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: Mortensen: Tebow to Jax almost a certainty

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I'd prefer Henne, but I'd take Gabbert. Draft a mid/late round QB this year, open competition between the four in training camp. Keep two + Sanchez. If the starter craps the bed and we lose, we draft the best QB in 2014.
    I'd take Henne over Gabbert in a microsecond.

    We coulda had Mario Williams if we'd just waived Sanchez last off-season and signed Chad Henne. FU Tanny.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    So why did Sparano's wildcat plays look like so good with Ron Brown running them? Tebow can actually complete a pass why is he throwing for negative yardage?
    the wildcat was new to the nfl when brown ran it. sparano did not use tebow to the best of his ability at all this season. dont blame tebow he doesnt call the plays.

  3. #43
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I still think we can get a pick from Jacksonville.

    Either way it is best to move on.
    In other words, Jacksonville waited one year and didn't have to give up a 4th and a 6th.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    So why did Sparano's wildcat plays look like so good with Ron Brown running them? Tebow can actually complete a pass why is he throwing for negative yardage?
    They weren't Sparanos plays in Miami. They were David Lee's now with the Bills

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Hold him hostage till you get a 7th

    Hostage? how? unless kc puts in a claim jacksonville is next.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,024
    I wonder if all the Tebowners can get a trade in for their Jets Tebow jerseys now that they will be Jags fans.

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,076
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Jax is the best fit in the NFL for him and I want him gone more than anyone but what does Jax have to offer us in return- there's no one on their roster that I wish we had.
    MJD says hi

  8. #48

    Angry

    I'm not a religious nut or a Tebow follower. But whatever you think about him, he was clearly used by the Jets... and not used for football reasons... but for business reasons.

    He's Sanchez's backup, there's no reason why McElroy should be starting tomorrow and a 7-6 win against Arizona at home isn't a very convincing reason to get the start. For all the people saying that Tebow sucks, yeah maybe he does sometimes, but he's a good leader and proved that he can win games.

    I think the decision to start McElroy tomorrow shows us that Sanchez will be back next year. The Jets know what they are doing...

    If Tebow was to start and win the next 2 games, that would be the worst thing to happen to them since they will not be getting rid of Sanchez. This organization doesn't care about winning anymore, just making money. It sucks because I've been a lifelong Jets fan, but I've never been so disgusted to be a Jets fan as I am now.

    The Jets brought him in under false pretenses about having a shot at the QB job. By not starting him tomorrow, it just shows what kind of deceiving people are running this organization and it's hard to be a fan of a team like this.

    Also, for all the Tebow haters who thinks he sucks... wouldn't you want him to start tomorrow in that meaningless game to back up your argument that he sucks??

    The Jets won't give him the chance, they know what they're doing business wise... as far as football wise.... enjoy another 40+ years of mediocrity especially since the already rich owner Woody Johnson's first priority with franchise is making as much money as he can instead of getting the fans a long awaited super bowl.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They weren't Sparanos plays in Miami. They were David Lee's now with the Bills
    Oh Ok and if they didn't work they'd be Sparano's plays. Gotcha.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the wildcat was new to the nfl when brown ran it. sparano did not use tebow to the best of his ability at all this season. dont blame tebow he doesnt call the plays.
    Oh ok even though our OL is probably as good if not better than what Miami had in 2008 and Tebow is supposedly a QB so you'd assume he could actually be a threat to complete passes - unlike Ronnie friggin Brown who can't put the ball in the ocean.


    Tim Tebow is a joke. Can't wait to see him embarass himself in Jax and run for Congress in 4 years.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    MJD says hi
    Unless they're once in a generational player, you don't use first round picks on RB's. For all MJD has done he still hasn't equaled what the Jags payed for him.

    And picks are too valuable to be used on a position with such a short shelf life.


    And for anyone seriously wanting Gabbert, holy hell you people don't watch football

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Oh Ok and if they didn't work they'd be Sparano's plays. Gotcha.
    Think of it this way, why did Rex's offense suck so badly this year ?


    Fact is, it wasn't Rex's offense, it was his OC's offense. Similarly, the Wildcat wasn't Sparano's, it was Dan Henning's and David Lee's baby.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Think of it this way, why did Rex's offense suck so badly this year ?


    Fact is, it wasn't Rex's offense, it was his OC's offense. Similarly, the Wildcat wasn't Sparano's, it was Dan Henning's and David Lee's baby.
    Can you go the Jags board already?


    This site is supposed to be for Jets fans. I rooted hard for this team during the dark days of Dick Kotite and Frank Reich I don't need some silly religious fanatic tebow lover lecturing me why it's Rex Ryans' fault his boy stinks.

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Hostage? how? unless kc puts in a claim jacksonville is next.
    What do you mean how? The guys under contract for another year. Worst comes to worst you start him and see if he wins games next year.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Think of it this way, why did Rex's offense suck so badly this year ?


    Fact is, it wasn't Rex's offense, it was his OC's offense. Similarly, the Wildcat wasn't Sparano's, it was Dan Henning's and David Lee's baby.
    Yes and the wildcat is far more limited than the spread option. NFL.com has a pretty nice article on it:

    I've gone sore-throated talking about the introduction of option football to the NFL game the last couple years, from Tim Tebow to Cam Newton to Robert Griffin III, Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson.

    Breer: The hottest name in coaching
    Robert Griffin III's smashing success in the Redskins' offense certainly bodes well for Kyle Shanahan, Albert Breer writes. More ...
    Spent countless hours writing about it, too, most recently two days ago.

    But now is as good a time as any to go right back to the well. In the broader sense, there's no greater evidence that the trend is producing than this: If the playoffs started this weekend, half the NFC's playoff field would feature the option as a prominent offensive tactic. Two of those teams, the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks, face off in Sunday's spotlight game, a bloodsport-style showdown with big implications.

    At the very least, all this is a piece of evolution in a league that told you for decades that the option would never work at the game's highest level. It's easy to conclude now that those naysayers were either wrong or simply crotchety about change.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...s-option-trend
    I don't know how long he's been saying it but I've been saying it for two years now. Funny when Tebow did it it's a "gimmick", when the other guys are doing it it's amazing. I guess part of it is true since neither Denver nor the Jets could actually get behind it and implement it completely.

    Fact is what we have is a bunch of dinosaurs in the NFL like McCoy, Fox, like Rex, like Sparano and a whole bunch of other NFL coaches and offensive coordinators who stopped innovating offensively in the NFL for the past 2 decades, just copying the same WCO, Power I and Ace formations from one another and have done everything in their power to convince everyone college offenses wouldn't work at the NFL level. Why? Self preservation. To keep their jobs and keep college coaches who have first hands experience with this from moving up. Politics.

    If only guys like Vick, Young and Tebow got to come out of college and step right into one, things may have gone different for them too instead of everyone trying to break them down and re-engineer what they do.

    If Jacksonville want Tebow, then what they need is to get a college coach who knows how to run this thing and go behind it completely, otherwise they shouldn't even bother with him. It will be the same issue that happened here.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 12-23-2012 at 02:02 AM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Can you go the Jags board already?


    This site is supposed to be for Jets fans. I rooted hard for this team during the dark days of Dick Kotite and Frank Reich I don't need some silly religious fanatic tebow lover lecturing me why it's Rex Ryans' fault his boy stinks.
    Religious fanatic ? I'm a Deist, genius.
    \
    You asked why "Sparano's Wildcat" worked in Miami and not here. It was correctly pointed out to you that it wasn't actually Sparano's wildcat, but rather, David Lee's.

    As you were too ignorant to understand what was being said to you, I tried to dumb it down and make it simple and easy for you to understand. Sadly, I didn't lower the bar far enough and it still apparently went over your head.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Yes and the wildcat is far more limited than the spread option. NFL.com has a pretty nice article on it:



    I don't know how long he's been saying it but I've been saying it for two years now. Funny when Tebow did it it's a "gimmick", when the other guys are doing it it's amazing. I guess part of it is true since neither Denver nor the Jets could actually get behind it and implement it completely.

    Fact is what we have is a bunch of dinosaurs in the NFL like McCoy, Fox, like Rex, like Sparano and a whole bunch of other NFL coaches and offensive coordinators who stopped innovating offensively in the NFL for the past 2 decades, just copying the same WCO, Power I and Ace formations from one another and have done everything in their power to convince everyone college offenses wouldn't work at the NFL level. Why? Self preservation. To keep their jobs and keep college coaches who have first hands experience with this from moving up. Politics.

    If only guys like Vick, Young and Tebow got to come out of college and step right into one, things may have gone different for them too instead of everyone trying to break them down and re-engineer what they do.

    If Jacksonville want Tebow, then what they need is to get a college coach who knows how to run this thing and go behind it completely, otherwise they shouldn't even bother with him. It will be the same issue that happened here.
    Yawp Agreed.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Religious fanatic ? I'm a Deist, genius.
    \
    You asked why "Sparano's Wildcat" worked in Miami and not here. It was correctly pointed out to you that it wasn't actually Sparano's wildcat, but rather, David Lee's.

    As you were too ignorant to understand what was being said to you, I tried to dumb it down and make it simple and easy for you to understand. Sadly, I didn't lower the bar far enough and it still apparently went over your head.
    Tim Tebow is not a good NFL QB.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tim Tebow is not a good NFL QB.

    Keep telling yourself that sunshine

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,695
    you know what i hope he does go somewhere he actually will get a chance ny and esp thier idiot fans sg3 and can't wait among others don't deserve a guy like that.

    I wish ny would have given him at least a chance to screw it up as much as they gave suckchez and for those saying sanchez is abetter qb guess we will see who is a starting qb next year and who is on the bench.

    as long as suckchez is also gone i can live with tebow being gone and hopefully go where he is treated with some respect.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us