Thread: March 21, 2012 - Day Our Season Ended

March 21, 2012 - Day Our Season Ended

Seriously. If you disagree go ahead but facts are facts:

1. Tebow trade turned the Jets into a joke and laughingstock media circus

2. Tebow did ZERO to help this team win games this season. Even with Sparano and Rex bending over backwards to incorporate him into our stunted offense.

3. Destroyed whatever confidence Sanchez had. He went from 2 AFCG's 26 td throws and 3400 yards passing previous 3 seasons to a QB who looked like he was miserable just being out on the field.

4. Tanny's focus during off-season went from being an actual NFL GM to a NFL PR Man whose role was to execute the Tebow trade and subsequently defend. How else do you explain not signing Braylon Edwards to cheap money or leaving $8 mil in cap room while Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens and Marty Gilyard are our playmakers at WR.

5. Put Rex, Tanny and our entire FO/CS in an insanely awkward position of having to defend a move they wanted no part of AND incorporating Tim Tebow into their gameplan.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

His arrival played a big roll..........

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post

Wow

Woody has got to be the dumbest POS alive.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

2. Tebow did ZERO to help this team win games this season. Even with Sparano and Rex bending over backwards to incorporate him into our stunted offense.

3. Destroyed whatever confidence Sanchez had. He went from 2 AFCG's 26 td throws and 3400 yards passing previous 3 seasons to a QB who looked like he was miserable just being out on the field.

4. Tanny's focus during off-season went from being an actual NFL GM to a NFL PR Man whose role was to execute the Tebow trade and subsequently defend. How else do you explain not signing Braylon Edwards to cheap money or leaving $8 mil in cap room while Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens and Marty Gilyard are our playmakers at WR.

5. Put Rex, Tanny and our entire FO/CS in an insanely awkward position of having to defend a move they wanted no part of AND incorporating Tim Tebow into their gameplan.

Sorry, but Sanchez's confidence was waning last season, long before Tebow came onboard. Besides, if you, as an NFL starting QB, can't handle some competition for your job, especially when said QB is the caliber that Tebow is (which is to say - jack squat) you don't belong with the big boys. I remember hearing NUMEROUS times, last year, how pathetic it was that Sanchez's "competition" was a 41 year old QB. Now his confidence was "destroyed" by Teblow? How many excuses are people going to keep coming up with for this guy? Shotty, Cavanaugh, Rex, Sparano, the Ravens, Tebow, the O line, different receivers, etc. How about Sanchez being responsible for his shyte play?

But I agree about Tebow. Absolute joke of a trade.

Wow

Woody has got to be the dumbest POS alive.
    Oh, I'm sure that you give him a serious run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    Sorry, but Sanchez's confidence was waning last season, long before Tebow came onboard. Besides, if you, as an NFL starting QB, can't handle some competition for your job, especially when said QB is the caliber that Tebow is (which is to say - jack squat) you don't belong with the big boys. I remember hearing NUMEROUS times, last year, how pathetic it was that Sanchez's "competition" was a 41 year old QB. Now his confidence was "destroyed" by Teblow? How many excuses are people going to keep coming up with for this guy? Shotty, Cavanaugh, Rex, Sparano, the Ravens, Tebow, the O line, different receivers, etc. How about Sanchez being responsible for his shyte play?

But I agree about Tebow. Absolute joke of a trade.
    Sanchez went from having Kelly Clunkers and a 60 year old has-been as his backups to Tim Tebow the biggest lightning rod in politics/sports today. I guess there's a couple guys who wouldn't be phased by that nonsense:

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers

Yeah, Mark should have just taken the ESPN channel that was camped out in Florham Park devoted to covering his backup in strideness.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Oh, I'm sure that you give him a serious run for his money.
    Enjoy watching Timmy in Jacksonville next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    and so glad we see NO MORE Tebow on ESPN. or the JETS for that matter.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez went from having Kelly Clunkers and a 60 year old has-been as his backups to Tim Tebow the biggest lightning rod in politics/sports today. I guess there's a couple guys who wouldn't be phased by that nonsense:

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers

Yeah, Mark should have just taken the ESPN channel that was camped out in Florham Park devoted to covering his backup in strideness.
    Anyone with half a brain knows that Tebow is WAY overrated. Wasn't he rated the #1 most overrated player, by his peers, recently? Tebow is a media darling with a cult following. If Sanchez didn't know this, he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Know what else he probably took in stride? That ridiculous 3 year contract extension. Yeah, I'm sure a 3 year extension shatters any confidence.

Or maybe it was Rexy's nearly unwavering devotion to Sanchez that derailed him? Any other coach would've benched Sanchez 2 games ago.

This job was Sanchez's to lose and he did everything possible to screw himself. He's a fragile minded, fragile hearted turnover machine.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    and so glad we see NO MORE Tebow on ESPN. or the JETS for that matter.
    I can't wait to see Tebow gone from the Jets roster. OMFG please. Move on.

My problem with the destroyed Sanchez argument is...how mentally weak is Mark Sanchez that bringing in this guy allegedly ruined him? It's not like they signed a guy like Matt Flynn or drafted a Russell Wilson and had a quarterback competition.

Sanchez was the guy. He had the job locked up from training camp. And he fumbled it away.

Agree with everything except #4. Tanny was never an actual NFL GM.

Absolutely an idiotiic thread and very idiotic post. Anyone blaming the acquisiton of tebow as the main reason the jets suck is a fool that knows nothing at all. Sorry, the truth may hurt.

The move to pick up a wildcat guy that gets 3 snaps a game failed. that only leaves about 20 other real reasons why this team stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Agree with everything except #4. Tanny was never an actual NFL GM.
    Agree. He's a glorified accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Absolutely an idiotiic thread and very idiotic post. Anyone blaming the acquisiton of tebow as the main reason the jets suck is a fool that knows nothing at all. Sorry, the truth may hurt.

The move to pick up a wildcat guy that gets 3 snaps a game failed. that only leaves about 20 other real reasons why this team stinks.
    While I'm not saying the Tebow move was a good idea, there's not denying he was used poorly. Jeremy Kerley threw a 40 something yard pass today. Tebow hasn't attempted such a pass all season, and don't tell me Kerley is a better QB than Tebow.

Wasn't a good plan to trade for Tebow, but coaches should've worked with what they had

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    While I'm not saying the Tebow move was a good idea, there's not denying he was used poorly. Jeremy Kerley threw a 40 something yard pass today. Tebow hasn't attempted such a pass all season, and don't tell me Kerley is a better QB than Tebow.

Wasn't a good plan to trade for Tebow, but coaches should've worked with what they had
    Kerley is sooooooo much better at running the wildcat than Tebow it isn't even funny.