Thread: Lovie Smith????

Hall Of Fame

Lovie Smith????

On the hot seat. Might be time for a change in Chicago. He has been there a long time.

What do you guys think of him as a DC? I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Pettine. I think he would at least bring some more 4-3 schemes that might suit or DL better.

Jets Insider VIP
    You cannot argue the success his defense has had in chicago. I do not think he is head coach material but as a DC, id definately be interested.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    On the hot seat. Might be time for a change in Chicago. He has been there a long time.

What do you guys think of him as a DC? I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Pettine. I think he would at least bring some more 4-3 schemes that might suit or DL better.
    I thought this would be a HC thread. So...you are still sane.

Nothing wrong with Lovy as a DC.

Hall Of Fame
    If Rex is still the head coach I doubt Smith will be brought here. They have very different defensive philosophies.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If Rex is still the head coach I doubt Smith will be brought here. They have very different defensive philosophies.
    Yes and no. Rex likes to be "multiple" in his looks. I know Lovie pretty much runs a strict Tampa 2 but I think there is some common ground there. Both are good defensive minds, I think Lovie would have a positive effect on Rex.

Lovie would be a great defensive coordinator somewhere but not under Rex. Maybe under a guy like Norv Turner who needs a defensive guru.
    Last edited by JoeJam Football; 12-23-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Anybody rex chooses is fine with me. We have the 8th ranked defense in the with two outside linebackers ready to collect social security

Runs the tampa 4-3 so a D change will be in order..Altho the Jets do play alot of 4-3 now..

Promote from within. The D is our strongest asset, and we all know who is really in charge of that unit.

Focus on the offensive side of the ball. New coaching staff for QB and OC from a team like NO, ATL or a proven offensive mind -- maybe Jason ggarrett? Sanchez will be back. It makes sense to see what he can do with some real offensive coaches and, hopefully, some talent around him.

Practice Squad
    No.

All League
    NO