Thread: Tebow to Jaguars "Virtual Certainty"

Tebow to Jaguars "Virtual Certainty"

Per ESPN's Chris Mortenson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...ording-sources

League sources say it is a virtual certainty Tim Tebow will land a job back home with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.

Tim Tebow should have chosen the Jaguars over the Jets the first time around, so it makes sense if he's destined to play for them next season, James Walker writes. Blog

Tebow reportedly will be traded or released after the season, but league sources say the Jets are likely to honor Tebow's forthcoming request to be released and therefore become an unrestricted free agent.

Circumstances in Jacksonville have changed since Tebow chose the Jets over the Jaguars when he was traded by the Denver Broncos in March.

Jacksonville owner Shad Khan wanted Tebow, but there was no assurance that the former Heisman Trophy winner would get an opportunity to play because the team was still committed to 2011 first-round pick Blaine Gabbert.

In 2013, the Jaguars will have an open quarterback competition and a team source conceded it's a "high likelihood" Tebow will be part of the mix.

Gabbert was inconsistent again as a starter and eventually landed on injured reserve this season. Chad Henne assumed the starting role and has had his own streak of inconsistency on a team that has been riddled by injuries.

Tebow
    The Jaguars offered a fourth-round pick to Denver in March and proposed to pay $3 million to the Broncos to compensate for money that had been advanced to Tebow. The Broncos gave Tebow his choice of teams and the former Florida quarterback decided his opportunity to play in New York was greater than Jacksonville, based on conversations with Jets coach Rex Ryan, sources said.

The Jets gave up fourth- and sixth-round draft choices to Denver and received a seventh-rounder in return from the Broncos when Tebow chose New York. The Broncos also agreed to pay the Jets $2.53 million, or about half of what had been advanced to Tebow.

Tebow has played very little with the Jets and was bypassed by third-string quarterback Greg McElroy when Ryan benched Mark Sanchez as a starter this week.

Sanchez is slated to be the No. 2 quarterback Sunday when the Jets play the Chargers. Tebow is not expected to be active, sources said, though no formal announcement on his status has been made by the team.

FINALLY, some good news. I don't mean that with any sarcasm whatsoever. This is the best move for both the Jets and for Tim Tebow. The Jets do themselves a favor by freeing up a roster spot that would otherwise be filled with someone who had no future with the Jets. The trade would be the best thing for Tim Tebow also. He was rotting away in NY. The CS did not know how to utilize him. When he goes to Jacksonville, he'll be in his hometown and be utilized much better.

I always wished Tim Tebow would be willing to relinquish this obsession with being a QB. I always thought he'd be a GREAT FB, if only he'd agree to it. But he won't, so the Jets need to make a decision and this is probably the best decision.

All League
    Great !!! Good-Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Last edited by C Mart; 12-23-2012 at 11:42 AM.

All Pro
    yeah great news for both the jets are a bunch of idiots and don't give anyone a chance just keeps hanging onto the current crop of losers and tebow deserves much better he has been nothing but a stand-up guy on the field and the lockeroom and never even complained about not being used right. Seriously every freaking play a run up the middle yeah that has a chance to be succesful 1 out of 10 times but hey at least he don't run into his linemans ass's.

I seriously seriously dislike this regime for being so stupid and most jets fans at that who also are being that way thinking tebow ruined this franchise when he has done nothing to anyone.

I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to see him starting while suckchez is riding the browns bench.

I will give Teblow a first class award on American Airlines out of my 800K miles in my account. Also, happy to pay for his transportation cost to the airport if this POS is willing to leave ASAP! Good riddance.

Waterboy

Tebow got played, instead of getting playtime...

Ok before i start this post, let me get a few things out of the way. I am athiest, i do not agree with tebows personal views on religion. That being said, I think the kid got played by our front office. Anyone who says otherwise is full of $hit. I agree that tebow may not be the best qb, but to tell someone your the 2nd string all year, then when the time comes to play them, put in the 3rd stringer. Thats a bit f'd up IMO. Nothing against mcelroy, he had a decent college career at bama, but tebow at least deserved a shot.

at this point i don't see what the problem would have been to play tim since sanchez killed out playoff hopes. Either way, we are looking at rebuilding over the next couple of years, which for us is nothing new. I hope tebow gets a fair shot in Jax, and as much as it pains me to say it, i hope next time we play jax, tebow beats us again like he did in denver. This kind of reminds me of danny woodhead in a way, we had him, misused him, and now he plays for a superior team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post

I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to see him starting while suckchez is riding the browns bench.
    Can't wait to see you leaving us for the Jags board.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Can't wait to see you leaving us for the Jags board.
    not happening i am a real jets fan and wanted the best option to win.

if i didn't think tebow was the best option then i would have said that but i knew he was

but everyone talks about rex and woody only wanting headlines but it is better than jets fans like yoursellf who apparently want to lose. please go to whoever msg board suckchez ends up on

Jets Insider VIP
    not happening i am a real jets fan and wanted the best option to win.

if i didn't think tebow was the best option then i would have said that but i knew he was

but everyone talks about rex and woody only wanting headlines but it is better than jets fans like yoursellf who apparently want to lose. please go to whoever msg board suckchez ends up on
    No. I've probably been a Jets fan for longer than you've been alive and I'll be a Jets fan long after you leave for another team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No. I've probably been a Jets fan for longer than you've been alive and I'll be a Jets fan long after you leave for another team.
    considering i am not leaving i guess we will have to agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

yeah great news for both the jets are a bunch of idiots and don't give anyone a chance just keeps hanging onto the current crop of losers and tebow deserves much better he has been nothing but a stand-up guy on the field and the lockeroom and never even complained about not being used right. Seriously every freaking play a run up the middle yeah that has a chance to be succesful 1 out of 10 times but hey at least he don't run into his linemans ass's.

I seriously seriously dislike this regime for being so stupid and most jets fans at that who also are being that way thinking tebow ruined this franchise when he has done nothing to anyone.

What about the Jets? Or are you so focused on Teblow and Suckchez's progress that you'll just DISAPPEAR from here?

When Tebum is finally gone, it will be so much easier to read Jets discussions here and on the Jets FB and Twitter pages now that all the Tebow-heads will have no reason to follow us anymore- just hope they don't post crap on how we're going to hell for not letting him start.

According to JetsInsider Jets future opponents we'd be set to visit Tebow next season. It would be unfortunately fitting, but not surprising, to watch him have another miracle last minute drive to beat us off following another Sanchize interception.