Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: CHARGERS vs. JETS GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Ok you win. We are great and set at QB. You win. NOt going to argue the most obvious thing on our roster. ALL of our QBS stink. You dont agree? Ok cool. I hope you are right.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting McElroy is the best option in the world but I think he gives us a better chance to win simply because he isn't (to this point) constantly turning the ball over and gifting points to the opposition. I think he is a far smarter QB than Sanchez is but its way too early to tell whether he is a legit starting QB in this league. At least by giving him these 2 games, we have the rare opportunity to test out a new QB without any risk as the season is already over. I still think we could do with an upgrade at QB position as well but McElroy should be given a shot to challenge for that role in the off-season. If someone else is shown to be better, then so be it.

Even if we had the greatest QBs in the league playing for us, I think they'd struggle mightily with the poor pass protection and the play calling which rarely ever seems to get a WR in the open. People can blame the poor quality of our WRs, but I believe the play calling is more to blame and the OC should be first out the door this off-season.

Jets Insider VIP
    let the debate begin

All League
    I dont know why we have such a hard time be honest. Mcelroy is not the answer long term. We need to draft a qb and watch him develop.
    because we have yet to draft a QB that can be developed into a franchise ppayer

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    What game are you watching?
    I had just mentioned how we'll get to see how Gmac takes a plethera of sacks and hangs onto the ball. And... if I'm not mistaken, though we recovered, wasn't hat a fumble on 3rd & 12.?.?.

That throw to Edwards is all I needed to see. Guy is wide open. Plant your feet and rip it, but no he had happy feet and threw it low and away. He has the head just does not have the tools.
    Last edited by Suffering; 12-23-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Ouch.... Lol
    LOL. I guess that was a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Bro are you high? The kid has attempted all of 14 NFL passes and you're already drawing conclusions? Please.
    Ok you win. You are right I am wrong. I say Mcelroy will never ever be more then a back up. You say what? Please be sure to call me on it when Mcelroy develops into a star or how about a full time starter in this league.

Jets Insider VIP
    i wanna know what the attendance is

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I had just mentioned how we'll get to see how Gmac takes a plethera of sacks and hangs onto the ball. And... if I'm not mistaken, though we recovered, wasn't hat a fumble on 3rd & 12.?.?.
    No, forward pass

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    because we have yet to draft a QB that can be developed into a franchise ppayer
    its a direct reflection on the scouting dept/ general manager and these are the areas that need to be blown up and started anew...

Jets Insider VIP
    lotta grey seats

All League
    with all the issues we have had all season, isn't it fitting that we have an announcer today that spends his leisure time in women's panties? Only in America.

Jets Insider VIP
    and who exactly is coming out in the draft you love

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    i wanna know what the attendance is
    the camera shot i saw on tv only showed the bottom 15 rows.... never higher than that...

All League
    Who was that on the trainer's table? Braylon?

Practice Squad
    If Mcelroy can get us to the AFC championship game I will be happy next year.
    He won't. He also won't turn the ball over 51 times in the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Can we let the kid play a full 4 quarters before we decide he sucks?

No turnovers, two touchdowns. First start. Not terrible.
    Agree. I think some people (Sanchez supporters) were going to be upset with anything less than Dan Marino.

Mind you these are the same people who when Sanchez was behind center said no QB could have success behind this offensive line...

Jets Insider VIP
    Wilson getting beat by Eddie ****ing Royal.

Jets Insider VIP
    QB crop sucks next year

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Agree. I think some people (Sanchez supporters) were going to be upset with anything less than Dan Marino.

Mind you these are the same people who when Sanchez was behind center said no QB could have success behind this offensive line...
    Not so much a Sanchez supporter but a Jets fan. Mcelroy is not the answer.