Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza Delivery Guy Doesn't Have Change- WTF?

Pizza Delivery Guy Doesn't Have Change- WTF?

Ok guys, I need some help here. This is real life:

I just had a pizza delivered like 15 mins ago, the total was like $12, and i only had a 20 on me. So I give the guy the 20 and say, "can i have 5 back?" Guy says, oh, this is my first delivery, I don't have any change on me, give me like 5 minutes and I'll be back with that change for you. Took the money and headed off. How much longer should I wait before I have to give the place a call back, storm in and demand my monies back, yo?
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-23-2012 at 12:45 PM.

hahahahaha. this is amazing.

You just got robbed by the pizza boy, yo.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Ok guys, I need some help here. This is real life:

I just had a pizza delivered like 15 mins ago, the total was like $12, and i only had a 20 on me. So I give the guy the 20 and say, "can i have 5 back?" Guy says, oh, this is my first delivery, I don't have any change on me, give me like 5 minutes and I'll be back with that change for you. Took the money's and head off. How much longer should I wait before I have to give the place and call back, storm in and demand my monies back, yo?
    That delivery guy is going to buy the Jets one day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its $5 dude. Who cares.

Gotta love that line. I don't have change. That's when you go to the piggy bank and start counting change to pay the guy. Never let them get away with that stuff. They tried twice and walked away with a pocket full of metal.

Hall Of Fame
    Just tell him Merry Christmas and move on with your day. He will remember your tip and will not spit in your food the next time he delivers to you.

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't call them back. Just don't order from there anymore. If you complain they might do sh!t to your food next time.

$5 isn't worth the trouble anyways.

Update:

I called place back, explained the situation, and the guy was like yeah, he's a fill in for us, he didn't have any money on him, but he should be getting back to you really shortly.

I'm like ok, but let me ask you something, how does a delivery guy not have any money on him for change? Guy says, "He's just back from college and we forgot to give him any,"

1 Second later the doorbell rings, so I just said to the guy on the phone, alright, he's here, I just didn't know what was going on because he said he'd be back in a few mins and it's already been 15, thanks, ttyl. And then the dude showed up and gave me my fiver back.

Thanks for the advice in helping me get through this crisis, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    hahahahaha. this is amazing.

You just got robbed by the pizza boy, yo.
    Lmao. That's what i was thinking.

It happened so quick, he handed the pizza over, i gave the 20, asked for the change, he quickly said he didn't have any and that he would be back in a few mins, and stormed off. I was wondering if it was like some kind of rite of passage among pizza delivery ppl that they rob the first person they deliver to out of their change or something, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Gotta love that line. I don't have change. That's when you go to the piggy bank and start counting change to pay the guy. Never let them get away with that stuff. They tried twice and walked away with a pocket full of metal.
    CANT FIND MY CHECKBOOK, HOPE YOU DONT MIND I PAY YA IN CHANGE

Jets Insider VIP
    Update:

I called place back, explained the situation, and the guy was like yeah, he's a fill in for us, he didn't have any money on him, but he should be getting back to you really shortly.

I'm like ok, but let me ask you something, how does a delivery guy not have any money on him for change? Guy says, "He's just back from college and we forgot to give him any,"

1 Second later the doorbell rings, so I just said to the guy on the phone, alright, he's here, I just didn't know what was going on because he said he'd be back in a few mins and it's already been 15, thanks, ttyl. And then the dude showed up and gave me my fiver back.

Thanks for the advice in helping me get through this crisis, guys!
    You should have told him "keep it...thanks for being honest"

And then called the place back and tell them you appreciated him living up to his word.

Sent from a phone using an app

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

And then called the place back and tell them you appreciated him living up to his word.

This. It's Christmas, would have been a nice tip. (not passing judgement though)

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

No. **** that, 20% is a decent tip, on top of the fact that he had me doing laps around the anxiety pool wondering where my rightful $5 was. It was his mistake, so why should he get to keep 5 extra dollars for it?

PS, for full disclosure purposes, I am Jewish...

Jets Insider VIP
    Lolz!!!

No Chanukah spirit then

Lmao. That's what i was thinking.

It happened so quick, he handed the pizza over, i gave the 20, asked for the change, he quickly said he didn't have any and that he would be back in a few mins, and stormed off. I was wondering if it was like some kind of rite of passage among pizza delivery ppl that they rob the first person they deliver to out of their change or something, lol
    Jetfan16 for mod.

This board needs more of you.

Now that this story has been resolved, Mods can move this thread to the "Too bad the Mayans weren't correct" Forum...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No. **** that, 20% is a decent tip, on top of the fact that he had me doing laps around the anxiety pool wondering where my rightful $5 was. It was his mistake, so why should he get to keep 5 extra dollars for it?

So am I, but I would have given him the $8. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Jetfan16 for mod.

This board needs more of you.
    Not really. I just try to seem more interesting on here than I actually am in real life, mate...

Jets Insider VIP
    dump

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump
    No, move to the too bad the mayans weren't correct forum