Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McElroy is not an NFL starter

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Still laughing at the people who thought McElroy was the next Pennington. Not even close. He can be a solid backup though.
    Still laughing at the people who though Sanchez was the franchise. Not even close. He can be a solid high school backup though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroy14 View Post
    Still laughing at the people who though Sanchez was the franchise. Not even close. He can be a solid high school backup though.
    Don't make the same mistake as me. Your handle is new. It's not too late!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Don't make the same mistake as me. Your handle is new. It's not too late!
    lol you may be right, i may have to change my name i had blind hope haha. I honestly feel like we are so beyond due for a franchise qb its not even funny

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    This is not even a debate in my opinion. College football does suck. However, I will rephrase; College football is unwatchable without a rooting interest.

1) It took how many decades to install a playoff system?

2) 60% of college games are complete and total mismatches that result in blowouts. The beauty of sport is the uncertain outcome. What is the point if Florida lines up against Alcorn St. and beats them by 50?

3) There is no defense in college football. Only a handful of teams in the whole country have quality defenses. Pretty much just the top 3rd of the SEC with an occasional outsider.

4) The QB play is terrible and a mirage. A bunch of spread, read-option garbage with primarily running QB's that can barely throw.

5) The corner play in college is abysmal. Receivers get so open, there is often not even a defender on the TV screen. It is the only way the QB's can complete a pass because most are dreadfully inaccurate. There is also no guarantee that the kid would catch the ball either.

6) The tackling in college, with a few teams excluded, is terrible.

7) The kicking game in college is laughably bad.

8) I could go on.... it is just a poor product. Cheering for your school, that you actually attended, is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Hmmm, I'm guessing that you don't watch that much college football huh ? I say that because just about every point that you made is woefully wrong. The only one you were close on is the Florida versus Alcorn State one, but that only happens a couple times every year for each team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how some who declare McEroy absolutely sucks based on one or two games are the same who make excuses for Sanche'z past three seasons worth of crap performances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Funny how some who declare McEroy absolutely sucks based on one or two games are the same who make excuses for Sanche'z past three seasons worth of crap performances.
    Last year some were salivating about Staffords 41 tds with 16 picks and 5,000+ yds passing.. Even though Megatron broke Rice's single season yardage record Stafford this year has 17 tds and 16 picks.. And the Lions are 4-11..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    mcelroy's arm seemed ok when he was able to step into his throws. kind of like sanchez in that regard. also, how can you judge this guy when he was sacked so many times. even if you can blame mcelroy for a few of them, there were 11. so blame mcelroy holding onto the ball for 3-5. well, that's 6-8 on the line, and that doesn't include all the pressures and hits. i think under the circumstances, he did ok. he has no weapons and the franchise is in disarray. plus he's got two older, resentful qbs on the bench staring at him. and the best part is that mcelroy called out guys last year for being selfish, and now arguably the two most selfish guys on the team are the two other qbs he just passed on the depth chart. you can't make this stuff up.

truth, mcelroy seems like a decent #2, someone who can come in and manage a game or two when the starter gets hurt. someone who knows the playbook inside out and won't kill you unless he's sacked 11 times.