Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy is not an NFL starter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

McElroy is not an NFL starter

He doesn't trust his arm so he takes the sack. He doesn't have an arm either. The gameplan today is hiding him, plain and simple. This kid can't play. A #3.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He doesn't trust his arm so he takes the sack. He doesn't have an arm either. The gameplan today is hiding him, plain and simple. This kid can't play. A #3.
    The game plan for the past 4 years was to hide Sanchez yet somehow people still think he can be a starter in this league. Thank you Bill Parcells for your scouting report on McElroy after 2 quarters of play. I'm sure you will be an NFL GM or Scout next year b/c of your undeniable wisdom in evaluating QB's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither are Sanchez or Tebow

Our future QB isn't on the roster right now.

In the meantime, I'd much rather watch McElroy over the two mooks currently standing on the sideline.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, it's the first half of his first start. I'd say you're judgement is a bit premature at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at the point well Tebow time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Uh, it's the first half of his first start. I'd say you're judgement is a bit premature at this point.
    7th round pick. That wasn't an accident. He just didn't have anything that wow-ed anybody.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    But I thought you needed 4+ years to evaluate a QB?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    But he just might be a decent backup.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The receivers cannot get open, the guy does not have time to throw the ball and your starting a thread about him? What a idiot.......DUMP

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it, mark gets 4 years Greg gets 2 quarters. Hilarious. I get the first round pick vs. 7th round pick debate but still he deserves his own opportunity. Plus Mark has not played in a game this year where the line has played this bad. And if mark was playing I JOE NAMATH GUARENTEE at least two fumbles and (being generous) and 2 picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    How long do you think it takes to find out whether a guy has an arm or not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I'm at the point well Tebow time.
    Kerley time. He is everything Tim Tebow fans think Tim Tebow is.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Sanchez sucks it up, it's "our receivers aren't getting open." ...Or... "Playcalling!"

When a guy in his first nfl start merely doesn't light it up it's "Not an nfl QB! Crappy arm!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroid View Post
    When Sanchez sucks it up, it's "our receivers aren't getting open." ...Or... "Playcalling!"

When a guy in his first nfl start merely doesn't light it up it's "Not an nfl QB! Crappy arm!"
    Sanchez best start as and NFL player was his first game against Houston. No tape is a huge advantage for an unknown QB. You are watching Mcelroy's ceiling today against a team that doesn't give a crap and has no tape on him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How long do you think it takes to find out whether a guy has an arm or not?
    One throw.

I get that people are excited about the kid and Lord knows we're desperate for a QB here... but some people just can't seem to grasp the fact that Greg's arm is not going to beat NFL defenses on a consistent basis.

There's much more to QB than arm strength, I agree. But let's not act like the ability to drive the ball is a minor detail. It's very important.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    One throw.

I get that people are excited about the kid and Lord knows we're desperate for a QB here... but some people just can't seem to grasp the fact that Greg's arm is not going to beat NFL defenses on a consistent basis.

There's much more to QB than arm strength, I agree. But let's not act like the ability to drive the ball is a minor detail. It's very important.
    There is a minimum amount of arm strength that you need to have and Greg doesn't have it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Neither are Sanchez or Tebow

Our future QB isn't on the roster right now.

In the meantime, I'd much rather watch McElroy over the two mooks currently standing on the sideline.
    You mean our future QB's aren't on the roster right now....any QB we have on the roster or will have on the roster with this regime will suffer the same fate -The Pennington-Sanchez curse-Four years and a ticket out of town...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroy14 View Post
    I love it, mark gets 4 years Greg gets 2 quarters. Hilarious. I get the first round pick vs. 7th round pick debate but still he deserves his own opportunity. Plus Mark has not played in a game this year where the line has played this bad. And if mark was playing I JOE NAMATH GUARENTEE at least two fumbles and (being generous) and 2 picks.
    Is it safe to assume you are a newly joined "Alabama" fan? Several "Tebow" fans showed up in March. Let me save you the trouble. THIS IS NOT COLLEGE!!! These guys are not starting NFL QB's. College football blows. The talent gaps are massive (Bama beating up on Jacksonville St.) Only about 5 teams in the country can play defense. The secondary play in college is atrocious, guys run free in the secondary by 10 yards...but it doesn't matter because most college QB's can't hit the broad side of a barn anyway.

I'm sure Mac is a good guy. Mark is a good guy too. However, we are Jet fans and they need a quality starting QB. Period.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 12-23-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Sanchez best start as and NFL player was his first game against Houston. No tape is a huge advantage for an unknown QB. You are watching Mcelroy's ceiling today against a team that doesn't give a crap and has no tape on him.
    I'm more concerned about all the games following that first start, especially his last start. That said, I am not willing to put a ceiling on a guy after two quarters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    There is a minimum amount of arm strength that you need to have and Greg doesn't have it.
    shhh. you're going to get yelled at by some weird McElroy fans if you keep this up.