Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McElroy is not an NFL starter

He sucks

Quote Originally Posted by McElroid View Post
    I'm more concerned about all the games following that first start, especially his last start. That said, I am not willing to put a ceiling on a guy after two quarters.
    There have been 2 decent passes thrown by a Jets QB today with the exception of a screen pass, none of them by Mcelroy. Kerley should be starting he has some upside.

Not sure what anyone expected. I would have been surprised if the guy was really good. His best stat is 0 turnovers.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Is it safe to assume you are a newly joined "Alabama" fan? Several "Tebow" fans showed up in March. Let me save you the trouble. THIS IS NOT COLLEGE!!! These guys are not starting NFL QB's. College football blows. The talent gaps are massive (Bama beating up on Jacksonville St.) Only about 5 teams in the country can play defense. The secondary play in college is atrocious, guys run free in the secondary by 10 yards...but it doesn't matter because most college QB's can't hit the broad side of a barn anyway.

I'm sure Mac is a good guy. Mark is a good guy too. However, we are Jet fans and they need a quality starting QB. Period.
    Don't question my allegiance I assure you I am not a McElroy koolaider despite my name. I made it after he won us the Arizona game. I've stated multiple times that I don't know who will be our qb and have stated I don't think Greg will be but he still deserves his fair shot

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Sanchez best start as and NFL player was his first game against Houston. No tape is a huge advantage for an unknown QB. You are watching Mcelroy's ceiling today against a team that doesn't give a crap and has no tape on him.
    Then again, I might go so far as three quarters.

Still laughing at the people who thought McElroy was the next Pennington. Not even close. He can be a solid backup though.

Sanchise your right.. Kerley may be the best 1...but its time to get a new handle.. Its like the people who still drive around with McCain 08 bumber stickers..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroy14 View Post
    Don't question my allegiance I assure you I am not a McElroy koolaider despite my name. I made it after he won us the Arizona game. I've stated multiple times that I don't know who will be our qb and have stated I don't think Greg will be but he still deserves his fair shot
    Whatever. I suggest you request a name change if you really are a Jets fan. Mac is nothing but a 3rd string clipboard holder and, maybe, a future coach. If you are a "Bama" guy, I suggest you stick to college and watch the Tide "roll" by beating grossly inferior opponents by 50 and celebrate as if they accomplished something. College football sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Sanchise your right.. Kerley may be the best 1...but its time to get a new handle.. Its like the people who still drive around with McCain 08 bumber stickers..
    lol I wish I could

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Still laughing at the people who thought McElroy was the next Pennington. Not even close. He can be a solid backup though.
    They said he was the next Brady lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    His best stat is 0 turnovers.
    His best stat WAS 0 turnovers.

All Pro
    I still haven't seen him attempt a difficult throw so I don't know where all you detectives are getting your information. I seriously can't for the life of me understand why we continue to run on 1st down. I'd like to spread it out and have short drops, and quick developing plays. I don't think McElroy can do it either, but the only reason for playing right now is to find out. I mean running trick plays, and wildcat. Why in the world would we want to do that? Winning the game is the last thing of importance right now.

Well just right there it looked like McElroy had some pretty good zip on that ball with little effort...He threw it into triple coverage, with Cumberland wide open right behind the play, but it had some mustard on it. This is what I want to see. Losing the game only helps us, and finding out that McElroy is not the answer is not what we want, but it does need to be done.

Poor Tebow man..He has to watch two bad qbs on a bad team play ahead of him.. Because they are better practice players them him, doesnt matter what you do on sunday, practice success is only important..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Whatever. I suggest you request a name change if you really are a Jets fan. Mac is nothing but a 3rd string clipboard holder and, maybe, a future coach. If you are a "Bama" guy, I suggest you stick to college and watch the Tide "roll" by beating grossly inferior opponents by 50 and celebrate as if they accomplished something. College football sucks!
    I guess the billions of people who keep going to the games disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Poor Tebow man..He has to watch two bad qbs on a bad team play ahead of him.. Because they are better practice players them him, doesnt matter what you do on sunday, practice success is only important..
    Tebow is the No. 2 option QB on the Jets that's how much he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Tebow is the No. 2 option QB on the Jets that's how much he sucks.
    Exactly. Teblow stinks and everyone except the religious right knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    They said he was the next Brady lol
    LOL wow. I guess being drafted late makes them the same player.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Exactly. Teblow stinks and everyone except the religious right knows it.
    I'm not a Tebow supporter, but why are you dumping on him right now?

He didn't even get a chance here.

One thing I absolutely know for sureis that Tebow much better than Greg McElroy, now that we've seen McElroy play.

What a mess.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Just because someone happens to be right once in a while does not mean they are not ignorant. I don't believe anyone said McElroy would be the next Pennington, but I instead think people said he could be, and that it was well passed the time that we should be finding out. We need to know what we have for next year. The NFL is full of players that no one thought would be good, and the unemployment line has many can't miss prospects. I'm sure their are many Kurt Warners out there that never did end up getting the chance. Anyone that says they know is a fool. There are a lot of people on this site that consistently know who does or does not have potential. Trying to win games by playing it safe when there's nothing to play for is the idiotic way to go. I think we really should have given Greg a full 4 games tryout. Now I'm afraid he's going to be pressing knowing he has only 2 games to show.

I was blaming it on our O-line until the INT. We're f'ed.