Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: McElroy = O'Brien

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Thank you


    These guys are deluded and flat our wrong. Kenny O went toe to toe with the likes of Dan Marino several times, even coming out on top many of those games.
    kenny o had the best skill positions to work with in the history of the franchise. even sanchez couldn't help but score points with those guys. their backup rb would be the #1 weapon on this jet team.

  2. #42
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    O'Brien could throw, McElroy can't.
    Yes he had a great arm. Lousy pocket presence and couldn't move. Just the opposite of Mac.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL YOU JETSIE FANS. FORGET ABOUT THESE IDIOTS AND ENJOY YOUR FAMILIES>

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Honestly you never saw Ken O'brien play if you can compare him to Mcelroy. Thats not even funny. O'brien could throw the ball.
    +1

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,955
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    Yes he had a great arm. Lousy pocket presence and couldn't move. Just the opposite of Mac.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL YOU JETSIE FANS. FORGET ABOUT THESE IDIOTS AND ENJOY YOUR FAMILIES>
    His pocket presence was fine. He just held on to the ball too long...and saying he couldn't run is a gross understatement. Either way he is the exact opposite of McElroy, except the apostrophe in his name.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,562
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    His pocket presence was fine. He just held on to the ball too long...and saying he couldn't run is a gross understatement. Either way he is the exact opposite of McElroy, except the apostrophe in his name.
    Only Jet QB without a rushing TD.. Guys with their feet in cement could out run Kenny.. His pocket presence was fine for the defense who always knew where to find him as did the pigeons that thought he was a statue..

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Only Jet QB without a rushing TD.. Guys with their feet in cement could out run Kenny.. His pocket presence was fine for the defense who always knew where to find him as did the pigeons that thought he was a statue..
    NFL defenses found him twice in the pro-bowl.

    No one is saying Ken O'Brien was Joe Montana, but as far as this thread is concerned: shut the f*ck up already.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,562
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    NFL defenses found him twice in the pro-bowl.

    No one is saying Ken O'Brien was Joe Montana, but as far as this thread is concerned: shut the f*ck up already.
    It's funny how you can't can talk football or players without cursing out fans that disagree.. If that's your best defense you lost already.. Bottom line Kenny had 2 good years and if you think his 10 tds and 11 picks was a good year in 91 you don't know football.. BTW I wasn't comparing GMac to Kenny just Kenny to himself..

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It's funny how you can't can talk football or players without cursing out fans that disagree.. If that's your best defense you lost already.. Bottom line Kenny had 2 good years and if you think his 10 tds and 11 picks was a good year in 91 you don't know football.. BTW I wasn't comparing GMac to Kenny just Kenny to himself..
    A thread declaring GMac the new Ken O'Brien isn't talking football - it's a consolation thread for the dimwits who didn't get up in time to dvr First Take with Stephen A Smith.

  9. #49
    Obrien was actually good, McElroy sucks

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,562
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    A thread declaring GMac the new Ken O'Brien isn't talking football - it's a consolation thread for the dimwits who didn't get up in time to dvr First Take with Stephen A Smith.
    I wasn't doing that however some think of Kenny as a great jet QB.. I believe had we taken Marino with the D and O players we had we would have won a couple of Bowls.. While it beyond dumb to compare GMac and Kenny some compare Kenny to Marino..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us