Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the o-line tank the game?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I doubt it. The sacks are on the rookie QB who was indecisive and took too long on most of his throws. And San Diego was T'd up going after him on every play.
    The QB was partially the blame but the OL was sick! Mangold let up and the pressure up the middle was unbearable. BRICK stunk up the stadium! Moor ewas ajoke and Howard was a revolving door. The playcalling was screwey. No run game to help an inexperienced QB. Nice try blaming the kid but no QB would have done well under those circumstances even SUCKCHEZ.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Ferguson hasn't given up a sack all year. but he's just okay.yeah right
    But he has given up several pressures and they are very telling. Yesterday he surely did give up two sacks thpugh plus pressure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But he has given up several pressures and they are very telling. Yesterday he surely did give up two sacks thpugh plus pressure.
    Wrong. McElroy was not operating in the pocket in a way the Oline could predict. A LOT of those pressures are due to inexperienced QB play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Schillens is the tallest/biggest receiver
    Really?

He plays like he's Dedric-Ward sized, though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Get ready for slausen and ducasse as starting guards next year. You know it's coming.
    Slauson's an FA. If we resign him, we're screwed. I'd be okay with not making offers to any of our FA's- we need change and money is tight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    I donít think the O line went out today with the intent of stinking up the joint.
    But they did seem completely demoralized when Rex decided not to go for it on 4th and short early in the 3rd quarter.
    It was a meaningless game to begin with. All thatís left to play for is pride.
    To not put the outcome of the game squarley on the backs of his O-Line delivered the wrong message.
    Once again, nice call Rex.
    I think you nailed it.Would you play hard for a guy that spat in your face? The Jets have to come up with at least two starters on the oline this off season, be it the draft or in fa.