Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the o-line tank the game?

Did the o-line tank the game?

I am not a conspiracy theorist, and I didn't see the game due to family obligations...but is it possible that the o-line tanked the game because sanchez got benched? 11 sacks doesn't seem logical for a unit with multiple pro bowlers...

I doubt it. The sacks are on the rookie QB who was indecisive and took too long on most of his throws. And San Diego was T'd up going after him on every play.

Hall Of Fame
    A few of the sacks were on McElroy but this was easily the worst game by the Jet OL since Baltimore.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I am not a conspiracy theorist, and I didn't see the game due to family obligations...but is it possible that the o-line tanked the game because sanchez got benched? 11 sacks doesn't seem logical for a unit with multiple pro bowlers...
    No.

SD knew McElroy couldn't beat them down the field, so they just attacked him from start to finish.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Stop with the OL is tanking BS. For the OL to play great the QB need to help them out by recognizing certain schemes, blits, protection breakdowns, etc. To say the OL tanked to cover for McElroy is a ***** cop out.

I don't think so ... I think McElroy is learning how to move in the pocket.

I am sorry but I never saw

I thought that it was standard that in every offensive play that there is a receiver like a TE who is five yards out ready for a dump pass in case things collapse. I did not see that with the Jets today. If there were, we might have less sacks and more first downs. McElroy might not have looked so stupid today.

No. Our OL just sucks.

Brick - Ok pass protector who has been exposed without a capable blocking TE or RB to help him. He misses Hartsock and LT chipping. Was never a great run blocker.

Slauson - low rent version of Faneca, average run blocker who cannot pass protect. Needs to go.

Mangold - very good Center

Moore - best years are behind him, I want to get bigger, stronger and younger at both Guard spots. Bye Bye

Howard - decent player who looks better just b/c of comparison to inept Hunter. Is cheap and serviceable so he's staying put.

Quarterback was aweful today missed Braylon near midfield. He was wide open for a td.

There are 3 FA on that oline, and they all said let's decrease our value by getting this kid killed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There are 3 FA on that oline, and they all said let's decrease our value by getting this kid killed.

The Dolts were bringing it all day and our OC did nothing to exploit the rush. If we would have worked some screens to Powell and McKnight it may have force them to back off a bit. While GMac ate the ball many times today the O game plan and the O line left much to be desired. They damn well knew this was the kid's first start and sure as hell did not give him much time to see the field.
    I see big changes coming on both sides of the ball and another year of poor football for the NYJets before we begin to see improvement

I donít think the O line went out today with the intent of stinking up the joint.
    But they did seem completely demoralized when Rex decided not to go for it on 4th and short early in the 3rd quarter.
    It was a meaningless game to begin with. All thatís left to play for is pride.
    To not put the outcome of the game squarley on the backs of his O-Line delivered the wrong message.
    Once again, nice call Rex.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    A few of the sacks were on McElroy but this was easily the worst game by the Jet OL since Baltimore.
    agreed, the oline played terrible. I watched the whole game and looked at it. A few of his sacks were his fault that's true, but when you literally have 2 seconds that is just insane. Difference was Sanchez would sit in the pocket and never throw the ball and take the sack, Greg literally had no time for a lot of the day. Still he did not show enough to answer any doubts. He will have to have a great game next week to convince us otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Quarterback was aweful today missed Braylon near midfield. He was wide open for a td.
    Yeah I know but at the same time, the O-line wasn't doing Greg any favors.

Still, though....You would think that a Rookie would IMMEDIATELY look for the Tallest/Biggest Receiver out there and throw it to him 90% of the time but instead he's throwing to other JAGS like Gates and Schillens.....

Ferguson hasn't given up a sack all year. but he's just okay.yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Awful? Really? First NFL start, completion % above 50%? Don't agree, under the circumstance he did well. Sanchez led Jets probably get shutout.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yeah I know but at the same time, the O-line wasn't doing Greg any favors.

Still, though....You would think that a Rookie would IMMEDIATELY look for the Tallest/Biggest Receiver out there and throw it to him 90% of the time but instead he's throwing to other JAGS like Gates and Schillens.....
    Schillens is the tallest/biggest receiver

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    The Dolts were bringing it all day and our OC did nothing to exploit the rush. If we would have worked some screens to Powell and McKnight it may have force them to back off a bit. While GMac ate the ball many times today the O game plan and the O line left much to be desired. They damn well knew this was the kid's first start and sure as hell did not give him much time to see the field.
    I see big changes coming on both sides of the ball and another year of poor football for the NYJets before we begin to see improvement
    Very good call....it is amazing how inept sparano is.

Greene had arguably the longest catch and run ive ever seen him have on that first screen pass. We got 10+ yards and a first down on the misdirection play to hayden smith. Did we keep doing that to combat the man coverage downfield and SD Blitz? NOPE

Instead, with WRs that we knew could not get separation and no good TE option, we continued to try to have mcelroy drop back like he is jay cutler and throw it downfield....absolutely a despicable game plan.

Sparano needs to go more then rex, tanny, etc. Our offense has less innovation then half the high school teams in the county

Get ready for slausen and ducasse as starting guards next year. You know it's coming.