Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The QUIT Is On - Bye Bye Rex

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But he never lost the passion on the part of the players. They all still wanted to play for Rex Ryan. All Rex admitted to was not being there to solve some of the problems on offense.

When you haven't lost the players, you haven't lost the team.
    I get what you're saying, but I disagree with a caveat; he lost the offense. I really think the dynamic we heard about in Baltimore made its way here last season. I think that also has a lot to do with Sanchez's skills eroding, he felt Rex no longer had his back. It's a plausible scenario, especially if we look at the utter fail that is the offensive side of the ball.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Been a fan of this dysfunctional organization for 44 years but no more.

They will as usual make all the wrong decisions, they will release their top playmaker on the team (Tebow) and keep the ones that made all the wrong moves (Rex and Tanny) and the worse player on the team (Sanchez), LOL.

I believe the results of this season has proven who's bad and who is not. And those of you that want to add Tebow into this debacle shame on you, 64 plays does not a season make.

Good luck with the circus next year because I will be following the Jacksonville team that hopefully recognize talent when its right in front of them.

Soyonara losers.
    LOL. Kerley is a better playermaker and QB then Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I disagree with a caveat; he lost the offense. I really think the dynamic we heard about in Baltimore made its way here last season. I think that also has a lot to do with Sanchez's skills eroding, he felt Rex no longer had his back. It's a plausible scenario, especially if we look at the utter fail that is the offensive side of the ball.
    If you want someone to blame look no farther than Mark Sanchez. That's the guy that made all of the problems on offense. He would never own up to any of his own shortcomings. The FANS in this case were completely foolish in worrying about Sanchez's fragile psyche?! They RAN to his defense like moths to the flames.

One of the very dumbest things I've ever witnessed.

If he has a fragile psyche? Something that they should worry about? Then he didn't belong in NY to begin with!!

Now if you wanted to blame Rex Ryan for being loyal to Mark Sanchez for far too long, then you'd have a point. But Rex just never lost the team. They still respect Rex as a man and as their HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Team wanted him gone last year, trying very hard to get him out now.

Go Bills.

SAR I
    You can suck it up SAR, Rex will be back, as he should be.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    He didnt lose anyone on the offense, they just aren't very good right now. The OC is a complete train wreck right now and there isn't a legit QB on the roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If you want someone to blame look no farther than Mark Sanchez. That's the guy that made all of the problems on offense. He would never own up to any of his own shortcomings. The FANS in this case were completely foolish in worrying about Sanchez's fragile psyche?! They RAN to his defense like moths to the flames.

One of the very dumbest things I've ever witnessed.

If he has a fragile psyche? Something that they should worry about? Then he didn't belong in NY to begin with!!

Now if you wanted to blame Rex Ryan for being loyal to Mark Sanchez for far too long, then you'd have a point. But Rex just never lost the team. They still respect Rex as a man and as their HC.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He didnt lose anyone on the offense, they just aren't very good right now. The OC is a complete train wreck right now and there isn't a legit QB on the roster.
    Agree to disagree here, fellas. I'm basing what I said on what has been reported in the past, nothing more.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mangini can get fired after a 9 - 7 season, then Rex certainly can after this disaster of a season. He is starting to sound more and more like Rich Kotite each day.
    This is not all Sanchez' fault. He needs a better QB coach, a better OC, and better skill players. Name a QB that can succeed with the players out on the field this season. And that OL sure misses Bill Callahan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree with this. If we could just get our hands on a real live QB, a QB that raises the level of the players surrounding him, things probably wouldn't look anywhere near as bad as they have. It is truly a QB driven league and the fact is, the Jets do not have one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No worries fellas. Rex and Tanny are gone in 8 days. The new gm will be appointed and he will wait till the bengals lose in the playoffs and hire Jay Gruden.

We will then draft a qb in round 1 that gruden will develop like he did andy dalton. Gruden will also turn the jets into a passing, offensive football team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Know it all provocateur.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    No worries fellas. Rex and Tanny are gone in 8 days. The new gm will be appointed and he will wait till the bengals lose in the playoffs and hire Jay Gruden.

We will then draft a qb in round 1 that gruden will develop like he did andy dalton. Gruden will also turn the jets into a passing, offensive football team.
    Why not just fire Tanny right now? Why wait 8 days?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not just Rex. Everyone needs to go. Sanchez (unfortunately) will be here to compete with whomever we bring in. I guess he can make a good back up or 3rd stringer for a year. McElroy can possibly be a backup also. If we don't get a good GM to oversee the rebuild, we're fuqged.

Tanny at best should be VP/Cap Management.

Of course none of this will happen because Woody doesn't give a sh*t.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike stays.
    Rex goes.
    Mark starts.

That's my prediction.

SAR I
    hope thats a joke..that is the worst combo of moves that woody could make

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, another rookie head coach experiment just waiting to fail.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy Dalton wasn't a first round pick. What QB is worth a first round pick this year? What are you going to do when Gruden doesn't come to the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump

Defense has played pretty well this season in spite of losing Revis. Offense sucks because we have no QB/Playmakers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both Tanny and Rex need to go.

Sanchez needs to stay (as a backup) because of his salary.

... end of story

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burger View Post
    If Mangini can get fired after a 9 - 7 season, then Rex certainly can after this disaster of a season. He is starting to sound more and more like Rich Kotite each day.
    This is not all Sanchez' fault. He needs a better QB coach, a better OC, and better skill players. Name a QB that can succeed with the players out on the field this season. And that OL sure misses Bill Callahan.
    Mangini got fired because he tanked what was arguably the most talented Jets team since '68 that had Brett Favre at QB. Went 4-12 previous season btdubs

I'm sorry you guys listen to too many ESPN and WFAN soundbytes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Both Tanny and Rex need to go.

Sanchez needs to stay (as a backup) because of his salary.

... end of story
    Tanny needs to go back to being capoligist like he was under Parcells and Bradway. Jets need a GM who takes care of business. Offer Polian or Parcells a small fortune. Even Jimmy Johnson might agree to come here he needs the money to pay for his Florida Real Estate.

How the most sucessful Jets HC after Weeb Ewbank should be fired because he couldn't win with Chaz Schilens and Marty Gilyard is beyond me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team wanted him gone last year, trying very hard to get him out now.

Go Bills.

SAR I
    just be a bills fan already. you are top 5 most annoying human on earth.