Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The QUIT Is On - Bye Bye Rex

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bye bye Rex? How about bye bye everybody from top to bottom.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    Tannenbaum is the Matt Leinert of Gms.
    Mike Tannenbaum is the best cap guru in the NFL. Ironically, that's exactly what we need right now.

At head coach, we are going to need somebody respected, accomplished, disciplined, with a proven track record of nurturing young talent. Rex Ryan is not that guy.

Bye bye, Rex.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Losers

Been a fan of this dysfunctional organization for 44 years but no more.

They will as usual make all the wrong decisions, they will release their top playmaker on the team (Tebow) and keep the ones that made all the wrong moves (Rex and Tanny) and the worse player on the team (Sanchez), LOL.

I believe the results of this season has proven who's bad and who is not. And those of you that want to add Tebow into this debacle shame on you, 64 plays does not a season make.

Good luck with the circus next year because I will be following the Jacksonville team that hopefully recognize talent when its right in front of them.

Soyonara losers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    Tannenbaum is the Matt Leinert of Gms.
    Lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    There's only one thing that makes a person a Jets fan and that's rooting for the Jets to win each and every week. That's all that matters.

Things that don't matter:

How much you spend on tickets/PSLs
    How much "football knowledge" you have
    How long you've been a so-called fan
    Whether you wear officially licensed NFL gear or not

In my opinion, these are indisputable. You can see the silver-lining in a loss, but a Jets fan does not say "Go Bills" before a Jets/Bills game.

And for what it's worth, Rex Ryan is going nowhere, so those calling for his head should get used to that fact right now or start buying officially licensed jerseys for some other team.
    If you knew anything about football or understood the big picture, you'd understand why a Buffalo Bills victory is a moral imperative for the New York Jets.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike stays.
    Rex goes.
    Mark starts.

That's my prediction.

SAR I

They made that mistake in '08 - blaming Tanny's disaster on the HC. In a sane world that wouldn't happen again. But these are the Jets, so you're probably right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GM = Mike Tannenbaum

HC = Not Rex Ryan

SAR I
    Is this part of your schtick? How can you want Rex gone but want Tannenbaum back? The roster is the worst it has been in a decade, and Tannenbaum hired the coach you want gone. Keep the guy responsible for the coach you hate, and let him hire his replacement, and possibly do worse. Makes sense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Tannenbaum is the best cap guru in the NFL. Ironically, that's exactly what we need right now.

At head coach, we are going to need somebody respected, accomplished, disciplined, with a proven track record of nurturing young talent. Rex Ryan is not that guy.

Bye bye, Rex.

SAR I
    I agree with the Rex statement. However, we DONT need a "cap guru" as GM. We need a GM as GM. Tanny is not the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post

They will as usual make all the wrong decisions, they will release their top playmaker on the team (Tebow) and keep the ones that made all the wrong moves (Rex and Tanny) and the worse player on the team (Sanchez), LOL.

I believe the results of this season has proven who's bad and who is not. And those of you that want to add Tebow into this debacle shame on you, 64 plays does not a season make.

Good luck with the circus next year because I will be following the Jacksonville team that hopefully recognize talent when its right in front of them.

Soyonara losers.

Blow me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would fire Mike Tannenbaum before Rex Ryan.

By the way, I hope the Jets keep Ryan now just to piss you off.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post

Soyonara losers.
    Why wait until next year?

Take care, Happy Holidays.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Is this part of your schtick? How can you want Rex gone but want Tannenbaum back? The roster is the worst it has been in a decade, and Tannenbaum hired the coach you want gone. Keep the guy responsible for the coach you hate, and let him hire his replacement, and possibly do worse. Makes sense.
    This is not what I want, rather a prediction of what I think Woody Johnson will do.

Mike Tannenbaum is a proven cap genius. He is exactly the type of man we need right now seeing how bad our financials are.

Rex Ryan will leave because his value no longer exists. The stadium is sold out as it is going to be, and Woody Johnson no longer likes being on the back pages depicted as a cartoon clown.

Mark Sanchez isn't as bad a quarterback as he is depicted to be. He was surrounded by no talent this year, it is quite evident.

Add it all up...

Mike stays.
    Rex goes.
    Mark starts.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Blow me
    Definitely will not look back on this team especially because of jerkoffs like you

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Bye bye, Rex.

SAR I
    The best cap guru that gave Mark Suckchez the untradable contract. Hahaha

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not what I want, rather a prediction of what I think Woody Johnson will do.
    That's pretty damn sad then. Who's the GM that got us into our current financial state in the first place? Where was his cap genius then? I don't trust him to dig us out, or to rebuild our roster (it makes me sick to even use the word 'rebuild'...)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Tannenbaum is a proven cap genius. He is exactly the type of man we need right now seeing how bad our financials are.

Rex Ryan will leave because his value no longer exists. The stadium is sold out as it is going to be, and Woody Johnson no longer likes being on the back pages depicted as a cartoon clown.

Mark Sanchez isn't as bad a quarterback as he is depicted to be. He was surrounded by no talent this year, it is quite evident.

Add it all up...

Mike stays.
    Rex goes.
    Mark starts.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Add it all up...

Mike stays.
    Rex goes.
    Mark starts.

SAR I
    Lets see SAR originally wanted Leinart and we know how his career went. I salute the Fans who were there today because win or loose they bleed Jet green. How SAR can even consider himself a Jet fan is beyond me, even when they were winning he was negative so go inhale some more fart gas

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

By the way, I hope the Jets keep Ryan now just to piss you off.
    Not happening. Rex Ryan gone.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    Why wait until next year?

Take care, Happy Holidays.
    Good call I didn't wait, I saw the writing on the wall after the last pre-season game. I have been a huge critic the entire year seeing the release of Woodhead, the undying loyalty to the worse NFL QB, the hiring of an awful O coordinator, the lack of use of the only playmaker on the team, the hiring back of an ex employee that trashed the team brass, the promoting of the 3rd string QB over a playmaking 2nd string QB, etc. etc. etc.

As I said good luck have fun, enjoy your next 44 years, LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that he treats being a GM like being a stock broker. He has been burnt time and time again betting on future options.

He has little skill picking talent at any level, coaches, players, scouting etc.

His best move ... Hiring Mangini
    His worst move ... Firing Mangini