Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The QUIT Is On - Bye Bye Rex

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No.

Because I'm going to be lobbying for the Jets to ban tailgating altogether so as to improve the stadium experience fully. That whole scene has to go. It's as embarrassing as Tony Sparano in a headset.

SAR I
    Ok, well obviously your "lobbying" isn't going to do anything to get tailgating banned, or even to have designated "tailgate-free lots" set up either. So in that case, do you intend on coming back to games next year, or is it all contingent on some kind of reform for the parking lot tailgating scene?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You're the one always telling us how serious you are and how this is the real you... Make up your mind...
    Just did. Now you know.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Yep. I've been on that Band Wagon for awhile myself. If Tanny goes, give me me Tom Gamble from the Niners.
    Good choice. I didn't know he coached with the Jets (the Kotite yrs). Reports Jags might be interested in him. Cleveland too.

http://www.49ers.com/team/staff/tom-...8-6bfb470bb433

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Oh sweet irony...

I'm just sick of reading your posts. Next time I'm near a computer I'm just going to ignore you...

You're the ****tiest poster I've encountered on the Internet...

Insecure windbag that uses this forum because of his own lacking self-esteem. His "hey look at me routine" is a pathetic man crying for help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

So in other words, you prefer not to name someone realistic in advance. You prefer to wait and see who is hired, then loudly denounce them the first moment they look less than stellar.

I understand completely.
    This is a drastic time in Jets history and it calls for drastic measures.

The last time we were in this situation, our owner grew some balls, drew up a short-list of 1 man he wanted to restore honor to his franchise, realized there wasn't much punishment for tampering, and stole the Super Bowl leader of the AFC Champions.

Woody Johnson has the money to get one of the Top 5 coaches in the NFL. All he needs is the balls.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Insecure windbag that uses this forum because of his own lacking self-esteem. His "hey look at me routine" is a pathetic man crying for help.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The last time we were in this situation, our owner grew some balls, drew up a short-list of 1 man he wanted to restore honor to his franchise, realized there wasn't much punishment for tampering, and stole the Super Bowl leader of the AFC Champions.

Woody Johnson has the money to get one of the Top 5 coaches in the NFL. All he needs is the balls.

SAR I
    Bill Belichick DESPISES the Jets. There literally is nothing Woody Johnson could give that would ever make him want to coach the Jets, nothing. And even if there was, Kraft would just match it anyway, so this is just foolish.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Ok, well obviously your "lobbying" isn't going to do anything to get tailgating banned, or even to have designated "tailgate-free lots" set up either. So in that case, do you intend on coming back to games next year, or is it all contingent on some kind of reform for the parking lot tailgating scene?
    I attend games so long as I a) believe in the HC, b) believe in the direction of the GM, and c) see 110% effort from the players.

If any of those three elements are missing, I subtract games. As presently constituted, I will only attend 4 games next year and sell the other 4 for as much as I can to recoup the losses on the other 4.

Tailgating is another story, just a personal cause.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Belichick DESPISES the Jets. There literally is nothing Woody Johnson could give that would ever make him want to coach the Jets, nothing. And even if there was, Kraft would just match it anyway, so this is just foolish.
    10% of the team should do it.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Good choice. I didn't know he coached with the Jets (the Kotite yrs). Reports Jags might be interested in him. Cleveland too.

http://www.49ers.com/team/staff/tom-...8-6bfb470bb433
    I did not know that either. I may have to reconsider........

In all seriousness, from everything I have read, the one spot he may be lacking is a lot of input on the draft, but he's had every job a "football" guy can have, so I have no doubt he can spot talent.

Another guy I would like is David Caldwell from the Falcons. Spent 10 years under Polian in Indy, and his background is scouting, but this year was the Director of Player Personnel and started doing some more day to day Front Office stuff.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    It's ok SAR, it's understandable that you're afraid to name a real option for Coach. We have alot of folks here at J.I. who are afriad to post their preferences in advance. You don't have to feel bad or try and rationalize it with fantasy talk, alot of folks don't want to have their posts held against them later. It's ok that that you're counted amongst them.

Better yet, your impossible scenario gives you future ammo to hate the owner you already hate, bonus points there. If Woody doesn't get Jesus Christ as Head Coach, he JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLLLLLLLSS! Lol, thats awesome.

I do, tho, look forward to your scathing review of whomever we do hire, a few years into their tenure. Thats always a good read woth looking forward to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    10% of the team should do it.

SAR I
    Do you think if the Jets actually offered 10% stake in their franchise that Kraft wouldn't match that after how much value Belichick added to their team over the years? Get real...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel I lost it somewhere along reading this thread, is the QUITTING ON by the players or the fans?

I think the players have quit on Rex after Monday night v. Tenn. Fans quit a few weeks back prior to the Jag's game, no? The Buffalo game next week is going to get REALLY ugly on both sides of the ball. Good riddance to the 2012 season

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarchez is bitter lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think if the Jets actually offered 10% stake in their franchise that Kraft wouldn't match that after how much value Belichick added to their team over the years? Get real...
    Pssst, no NFL Owner would ever offer anything close to 10% of their franchise to a guy just to Coach the team.

This is part of SAR's schtick. The only Coach he "wants" is patently impossible to aquire, so when Woody predictably cannot/does not commit tampering and steal him away, Woody is a de facto bad owner. And SAR gets another 10,000 posts of trolling goodness hating the owner he already hates, and getting people to spurge replies at him on the interent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft has more money than Woody and more NFL power. That kind of poaching isn't going to happen. SAR wants Woody to go all Steinbrenner but that doesn't work in the NFL. Can't throw money at a problem in this league. Have to be smart, lucky, and both.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pssst, no NFL Owner would ever offer anything close to 10% of their franchise to a guy just to Coach the team.

This is part of SAR's schtick. The only Coach he "wants" is patently impossible to aquire, so when Woody predictably cannot/does not commit tampering and steal him away, Woody is a de facto bad owner. And SAR gets another 10,000 posts of trolling goodness hating the owner he already hates, and getting people to spurge replies at him on the interent.
    So this is what the Once-Great-Poster-Known-As-Warfish has devolved into? A discussion forum Poster Critic?

I hate to disappoint you, but I've got no diabolical scheme to plot out my thoughts and answers a year in advance. I've got no master plan, no agenda. I'm just another fan with a keyboard, typing what's on my mind, nothing very remarkable.

Regarding Woody Johnson, do your homework if you want to take this Poster Critic thing seriously, Ebert. I don't hate our owner at all, he's my hero regarding finally allowing me to buy my way into a good seating location.

Regarding committing to a future head coach by name, I'm just not feeling anyone right now. I wanted Jon Gruden back when we chose Rex Ryan, can't say there's a person out there who inspires me right now. I know we need a disciplinarian, I know we need a non-rookie, and I know we need an offensive-mind. Like I said, "not Rex Ryan".

That work for you, Siskel?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get hung up in the details.

Leon Hess used to play nice with the other owners, just a kind old man. And then one day he realized that he was a laughing stock, a horses-ass, and he didn't have many years left and he got angry. Very angry.

And as a result, he got ruthless, made a lot of owner enemies, tampered with the threat in his division, stole the best head coach in the NFL. Shortly thereafter, created a poison-pill provision that allowed him to steal a Hall of Fame running back, too. Strengthened his team at the expense of another team in his division. Masterful. Innovative. Shocking. Desperate. Fantastic.

This is another such juncture in our team's history. Woody Johnson is the only constant on this team. Ultimately, he's got to act like the ornery middle linebacker that Leon Hess once decided he wanted to emulate. Empty stadiums, unpaid season ticket invoices, defaulting PSL's, clownish back pages, dumb-as-f-ck head coach, the Patriots enroute to another Super Bowl, eventually something will make Woody Johnson pop and he may realize that it's all about time and money and just like Leon Hess, he may get the balls to go and get the very head coach we need by bending the rules and stop being Mr. Niceguy to the other owners.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like how Sar gets attacked after he's been nothing but dead on accurate about these clowns since last year. Now it seems your all angry because he was 100% correct. I think I'll trust him on Sanchez now too. Good job Sar.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's ok SAR, it's understandable that you're afraid to name a real option for Coach. We have alot of folks here at J.I. who are afriad to post their preferences in advance. You don't have to feel bad or try and rationalize it with fantasy talk, alot of folks don't want to have their posts held against them later. It's ok that that you're counted amongst them.

Better yet, your impossible scenario gives you future ammo to hate the owner you already hate, bonus points there. If Woody doesn't get Jesus Christ as Head Coach, he JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLLLLLLLSS! Lol, thats awesome.

I do, tho, look forward to your scathing review of whomever we do hire, a few years into their tenure. Thats always a good read woth looking forward to.
    LOL... OWNED!!!!