Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The QUIT Is On - Bye Bye Rex

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I like how Sar gets attacked after he's been nothing but dead on accurate about these clowns since last year. Now it seems your all angry because he was 100% correct. I think I'll trust him on Sanchez now too. Good job Sar.
    Thank you, Ragu.

Some will falsely tell you I'm in this for myself, but that's not the case. Some of us have skills in certain areas. The draft, politics, you name it. My skill is understanding when a team is done with their head coach. As you say, that moment occurred last year and this entire season of train wreckery could have been avoided if we acted more decisively last season.

Have a good holiday.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Pssst, no NFL Owner would ever offer anything close to 10% of their franchise to a guy just to Coach the team.
    Especially a weasel like Belichick who has proved to be untrustworthy on many levels.

Difficult to say if the Jets really "quit" today. The defense showed up. The offense stunk again but there's no talent there. I didn't see a flat performance like I saw vs the Dolphins, 49ers, and Pats (2nd game). Chargers suck, but sadly have more talent than us so they just beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    So this is what the Once-Great-Poster-Known-As-Warfish has devolved into? A discussion forum Poster Critic?
    The only thing more predictable than your refusal to give a realistic name for Head Coach ahead of time, is you deflecting from the fact.

I hate to disappoint you, but I've got no diabolical scheme to plot out my thoughts and answers a year in advance. I've got no master plan, no agenda. I'm just another fan with a keyboard, typing what's on my mind, nothing very remarkable.
    Then give us your Head Coach Choice to replace Rex, before he's hired, and stop sperging like a drooling derp about "Bellicheck", given that you're well aware he is absolutely not an option, and no owner in the NFL is giving 10% of their franchise (or ~100 million) to a coach.

Regarding committing to a future head coach by name, I'm just not feeling anyone right now.
    Of course you're not.

I'm sure it'll come to you....a few years after whomever it is is hired.

That work for you, Siskel?

SAR I
    Oh aye SAR, I quite enjoy your posts, as you can clearly see. You know you're happy about that, because the only thing you're here for is attention, and I give it to you in spades, and you rush to reply to me every time. I'm your best friend.

Last edited by Salz; 12-23-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Oh aye SAR, I quite enjoy your posts, as you can clearly see. You know you're happy about that, because the only thing you're here for is attention, and I give it to you in spades, and you rush to reply to me every time. I'm your best friend.

Your new avatar awaits, Poster Critic.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey! How was your tailgate? Wasn't it awesome!?

Indulging a bunch of 50 year olds to act like they're 20 so you can waste even more time and more money supporting a group of players that doesn't care about you and just wants to make it to locker-emptying day without any bruises?

Hope you cleaned up after yourself.

SAR I
    It was a great one considering the game meant nothing. Plenty of real fans were there, good football weather, caterers did a great job and saw some decent play.

Talking about cleaning yourself, how was Rosy palm and her five friends for you pregame activity?
    Last edited by FlagmanL11; 12-24-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Not totally.

Mike gets moved down in the organization
    Rex goes
    Mark backs up.
    +1 My scenario also!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Soyonara losers.
    Hope it's low sodium soyonara, it's better for the blood pressure

I'm just saying that if you're Woody Johnson and you don't know football and you are holding onto every last shred of Bill Parcells and you've got a GM that screwed up the roster but is known that Ryan and Bradway and a committee of people more 'expert' actually picks the players, you keep Tannenbaum and get rid of the rest.

Mike Tannenbaum knows numbers, that's what Woody needs right now.

SAR I
    Why does someone other than Revis wants to renegotiate a two year extension with a no tag and 9 mill cap penalty for trading him prior to him becoming a FA.

Kerley has two years left, maybe its him.

The hell with Sanchez contract it is the Revis contract which was his worse moment as a GM. A one way opt out, with a no tag provision, not a negotiation as a FA but with a player that had two years left on his contract.

Veteran
    So this is what the Once-Great-Poster-Known-As-Warfish has devolved into? A discussion forum Poster Critic?

I hate to disappoint you, but I've got no diabolical scheme to plot out my thoughts and answers a year in advance. I've got no master plan, no agenda. I'm just another fan with a keyboard, typing what's on my mind, nothing very remarkable.

Regarding Woody Johnson, do your homework if you want to take this Poster Critic thing seriously, Ebert. I don't hate our owner at all, he's my hero regarding finally allowing me to buy my way into a good seating location.

Regarding committing to a future head coach by name, I'm just not feeling anyone right now. I wanted Jon Gruden back when we chose Rex Ryan, can't say there's a person out there who inspires me right now. I know we need a disciplinarian, I know we need a non-rookie, and I know we need an offensive-mind. Like I said, "not Rex Ryan".

That work for you, Siskel?

SAR I
    Get Cowher... He will bring back credibility to this franchise! He's a disciplinarian as well...those who say it took him a long time to achieve have zero clue...give him a boatload of dough....ship out the clown and the accountant!

Highly unlikely Rex is gone.

Rex Ryan = Staying

Mike T = Gone

Mark Sanchez = Gone.

Sparano = Gone

Tebow = Gone

He gets one more year to see if he can right the ship without the turnover machine.

He stuck with Sanchez for so long because he knew that is all he had. When he finally does go to another guy. His OC and GM wanted Sanchez back in there. He never wanted to put him back in.

MIke T tied himself to Sanchez and Mark and Mike will be moving on.

The New York Jets 2013 starting QB is not currently on the roster.

SAR vs. Fist, with some Ragu and Ray Ray thrown in.

The Perfect Storm of Blowhards
    Last edited by FF2; 12-24-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Talking Rex: 6-12 over last 18 games.

Mike stays.
    Rex goes.
    Mark starts.

That's my prediction.

SAR I
    From your lips to Tebow's ears.! Seriously, this is my fondest wish. I believe Rex is a terrible coach... what little success he had in 2009-10 was with Mangini era players. Many of whom were let go in a unexplainable manner.

And who signs a 37 -year old receiver like Derrick Mason,?... only Rex.

Remember -- we are 6-12 over the last 18 games. Not 1 quality win. That stinks and Rex stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Rex Ryan = Staying

Mike T = Gone

Mark Sanchez = Gone.

Sparano = Gone

Tebow = Gone

He gets one more year to see if he can right the ship without the turnover machine.

He stuck with Sanchez for so long because he knew that is all he had. When he finally does go to another guy. His OC and GM wanted Sanchez back in there. He never wanted to put him back in.

MIke T tied himself to Sanchez and Mark and Mike will be moving on.

The New York Jets 2013 starting QB is not currently on the roster.
    That was his mission after last year's disaster. He failed.

Rex is gone, especially if a new GM is hired. Why would any new GM hitch his wagons to Rex, who has shown he does not have the skills to be an NFL HC?

No that is his mission for 2013. They had to give the Sanchez one more opportunity. He got it and failed. Now you get a new QB in and see if the ship could be righted.

Rex did not extend Sanchez's contract.

Lose Rex and we will need to fix both sides of the ball. Now instead of a 2 year rebuild on offense you are looking at 3 to 5.

Who do you guys bring in as the new coach?

Who is the worthy replacement?
    Last edited by Suffering; 12-24-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    No that is his mission this year. They had to give the Sanchez one more opportunity. He got it and failed. Now you get a new QB in and see if the ship could be righted.

Rex did not extend Sanchez's contract.

Lose Rex and we will need to fix both sides of the ball. Now instead of a 2 year rebuild on offense you are looking at 3 to 5.

Who do you guys bring in as the new coach?

Who is the worthy replacement?
    Feel free to give Rex another pass. It is your right.

I do not. Rex has not shown either the resolve or intellect to be an NFL HC.

Bewildered Beast
    Lots of puffery in this thread; the Big Bad Wolf tryouts. Huffin and a puffin'; sayin' nothin'.

Looking at the roster of schmoes in this thread, it's obvious hate rules this roost.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Get Cowher... He will bring back credibility to this franchise! He's a disciplinarian as well...those who say it took him a long time to achieve have zero clue...give him a boatload of dough....ship out the clown and the accountant!
    Cower is a shell of his former self.