Thread: This is more sad than funny

This is more sad than funny

Any other organization and this entire front office would be blown to pieces for being such an absolute embarrassment. Not here. Woody will give them raises for being so clever...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0927--nfl.html

The Jets presumably did this depth chart trickeration because third quarterbacks are inactive, and they want to unleash their new three-quarterback game plan, which will revolutionize the NFL as we know ... aw, hell. We can't finish that sentence with a straight face.
    Most likely, the Jets did this to steal all the pre-game Week 16 talk, which they most certainly have done. They also are aware, no doubt, that all active players must make themselves available to the media post-game, while inactive players don't have to. So, their priorities are in order, to be sure.
    No truth to the rumor that they've also named Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick as the third quarterback, just for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Toooon; 12-23-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Any other organization and this entire front office would be blown to pieces for being such an absolute embarrassment. Not here. Woody will give them raises for being so clever...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0927--nfl.html
    You want Leon Hess back?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You want Leon Hess back?

I'm sorry, how is that relevant to this thread?

I honestly think this is about Rex being a "Players Coach" and doesn't want to offend either of them.

That's how crazy this has gotten...That Rex would rather hurt the team in order to not hurt one of his QB's feelings.

I can't come up with another reason...

I'm sorry, how is that relevant to this thread?
    Count your blessings.

Count your blessings.

So you're saying it is OK what a joke this franchise is because... they have been worse? Wow, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I honestly think this is about Rex being a "Players Coach" and doesn't want to offend either of them.

That's how crazy this has gotten...That Rex would rather hurt the team in order to not hurt one of his QB's feelings.

Remember when Tom Landry tried to play both Morton and Staubach?

So you're saying it is OK what a joke this franchise is because... they have been worse? Wow, brilliant.
    How much of a joke are the Jets, considering the success of the past 10 years?

How much of a joke are the Jets, considering the success of the past 10 years?
    Quite a big joke. How big of a joke were they in 1987 and '88, despite having gone to the playoffs 4 times between '81 and '86. It's called the present. And if you can't see this ship sinking I don't know what to tell you.

Remember when Tom Landry tried to play both Morton and Staubach?

Actually no, I don't. But I am really not sure what point you are trying to make. Just because a HOF coach made some mistakes does not make him an equal with every other coach who made mistakes. Jesus.

Quite a big joke. How big of a joke were they in 1987 and '88, despite having gone to the playoffs 4 times between '81 and '86. It's called the present. And if you can't see this ship sinking I don't know what to tell you.
    Not in '88 they weren't. They knocked the Giants out of the playoffs. And if we were a complete joke we would have the number one pick.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-23-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Agreed, it was about avoiding anyone feeling butthurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not in '88 they weren't. They knocked the Giants out of the playoffs.
    why are you so consumed with the Giants? They are a better organization, BY FAR. the last 10 years proves it.

I'd rather worry about how to win in the AFC.

You do realize that in 2007 And 2011 the Giants beat us regular season and went on to win a SB. in both cases a JETS win knocks them out. You should add that to your penis envy post of the SB Champion Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    why are you so consumed with the Giants? They are a better organization, BY FAR. the last 10 years proves it.

I'd rather worry about how to win in the AFC.

You do realize that in 2007 And 2011 the Giants beat us regular season and went on to win a SB. in both cases a JETS win knocks them out. You should add that to your penis envy post of the SB Champion Giants.
    I don't have any envy of the Giants. Alot of Jets fans do though. And we are not winning the AFC anytime soon so don't expect.