Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After today I can say this....

After today I can say this....

The Jets defense (even without Revis) is much better than the Giants defense. Giants secondary is horrible and their D-line has regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The Jets defense (even without Revis) is much better than the Giants defense. Giants secondary is horrible and their D-line has regressed.

I hate the Giants more than anyone but you are so far off base. I would trade our entire defensive unit for theirs in 1 second. And so would everyone else who isn't a complete homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    I hate the Giants more than anyone but you are so far off base. I would trade our entire defensive unit for theirs in 1 second. And so would everyone else who isn't a complete homer.
    Have you seen them recently? Their secondary is a disgrace.

We've given up fewer yards per game than the Giants have.

And we're actually pretty close in points given up despite all our turnovers leaving us in bad field position.

Including today:
    Jets: 23.1333333 pts. per game
    Giants: 22.4666666 pts. per game

Jets Insider VIP
    Why take the bait?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why take the bait?
    My stats back it up though. So its not bait

Quite a few teams with at least decent coaches have underperformed this year. Reid's Eagles, Ryan's Jets and lately Coughlin's Giants. If the Giants miss the playoffs that would be a huge disappointment for them.

Jim Harbaugh and Belichick are the only truly elite coaches in the league imo.

Jets Insider VIP
    My stats back it up though. So its not bait
    Stats are for losers...how appropriate.

I imagine our punt protected is better than theirs too?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Stats are for losers...how appropriate.

I imagine our punt protected is better than theirs too?
    I guess you don't play fantasy football then?

Giants are the same as they have been every year under Eli. Mediocre, around .500. They aren't a great team, they just caught some breaks in the playoffs and caught better teams on off days. Eli is a top 10 QB, but no better. Not elite, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Giants are the same as they have been every year under Eli. Mediocre, around .500. They aren't a great team, they just caught some breaks in the playoffs and caught better teams on off days. Eli is a top 10 QB, but no better. Not elite, not even close.
    Hey man, if we had Eli we might have gone to a SB or 2 under Ryan.

Veteran
    I think you're terribly mistaken. The only player I'd take from that team is JPP. Even though McIntyre, Scott and Pace suck, their still better then whoever plays LB for the giants now. And the secondary isn't even a question that the jets are FAR superior.

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess you don't play fantasy football then?
    No..... Never got into it. I play guitar and piano to relieve stress.

we are 44 years and counting really?????????

Undrafted Free Agent
    Hahaha....Jets fan comparing Jets to Giants.

Have you seen them recently? Their secondary is a disgrace.

We've given up fewer yards per game than the Giants have.

And we're actually pretty close in points given up despite all our turnovers leaving us in bad field position.

Including today:
    Jets: 23.1333333 pts. per game
    Giants: 22.4666666 pts. per game
    So we are just going to pretend level of competition doesn't play a factor in those numbers? The Gints had the toughest schedule in the league this season. The Jets on the other hand had one of the softest schedules and got trashed by all four .500 teams they played.
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 12-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    Hahaha....Jets fan comparing Jets to Giants.
    NO.... Only a few. The Large majority recognize they are superior.

A few whiners and such don't speak for the masses or the truth or sBs of course.

The Jets D is definitely better than the Giants D......The Giants secondary has been awful this season and the pass-rush has been very hot and cold

Their offense is obviously much, much better than ours (who's isn't) but when the offense isn't playing as well as they should they get thrashed like today

Our defense has to deal with an offense that NEVER shows up (or doesn't exist)

Have you seen their defense play this year? Its pathetic. What the Jets defense does without an offense eating some clock and winning field position is pretty impressive.

i hurt Giants fan pride when I mentioned months ago in their forum giants should trade for revis because there secondary was horrible.. They all were in denial throwing back they dont need advice or help for the lame Jets bla bla.. Buts its true, no team is in more need of a star CB than they are.. They have 2 bad cbs, doesnt matter what other 9 guys on D are doing, if those 2 guys suck you will lose big..

Hall Of Fame
    To use one of your lines....Who cares???

You are obsessed with the Giants and defending Rex and Tanny.