Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least there will be professional football tonite

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

At least there will be professional football tonite

After the disgusting Jets and Giants games today, thank God, we have the San Francisco Seattle game tonite. I like the Jets and Giants but I love pro football more.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillafan View Post
    After the disgusting Jets and Giants games today, thank God, we have the San Francisco Seattle game tonite. I like the Jets and Giants but I love pro football more.
    Agreed. Awesome matchup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent game

Bold prediction: the winner of this game represents the NFC in the Super Bowl

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Excellent game

That is bold, because the Packers have massive conference title equity right now. Not as much as the winner of this game, but pretty close.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent game

Whether this is true remains to be seen, but you may be correct.

I do know that this would be my own personal wish. I just love the success the young QB's are having in this league right out of the gate.

No QB comes into the NFL and is automatically very good. They need to be developed by systems that are capable of doing the job. These two teams, among a few others, have proven you can get a talented player on track at the position in a hurry if you know how to do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I hope there isn't any complaining about Leon Washington tonight. We all know the story.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets suck and the giants suck even more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would absolutely not want to play the Seahawks in the playoffs. It is going to be very difficult to beat this team. They have almost no weakness. Footballoutsiders has them at #2 but they will be #1 if they win tonight (Pats were but today's effort will drop them significantly)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    That is bold, because the Packers have massive conference title equity right now. Not as much as the winner of this game, but pretty close.
    Not counting Rodgers out by any stretch. But not sure the rest of his team is up to par.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Seahawks are the real deal. I enjoy watching them play and I'm rooting hard for them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would absolutely not want to play the Seahawks in the playoffs. It is going to be very difficult to beat this team. They have almost no weakness. Footballoutsiders has them at #2 but they will be #1 if they win tonight (Pats were but today's effort will drop them significantly)
    Good thing for all of the NFC contenders is that no one is going to have to go to Seattle. That makes a big difference. The Seahawks are hot right now, though, for sure.

PS. It seems like every time a team is looking great against another great team you declare them unbeatable, haha.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-23-2012 at 08:48 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Good thing for all of the NFC contenders is that no one is going to have to go to Seattle. That makes a big difference. The Seahawks are hot right now, though, for sure.
    True, but I think their style at this point transcends the stadium where they are playing. They run the ball very well, their D is great, and their QB has been brutally efficient. That's a lethal combo

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me guess we fired Pete Carroll.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skitc View Post
    Let me guess we fired Pete Carroll.
    Here we go....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I can't help but be jealous right now of my childhood friend who chose the hawks as his team. I had to follow in my father's footsteps and become a Jets fan. It is just so painful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seahawks in my opinion were the best team we played this season. Their D is great. Their offense has gotten so much better. Imagine if you're Atlanta, needing to finally win a playoff game, and this is your opponent in the divisional round. I don't even think the Falcons would be favored in that game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    Man, I can't help but be jealous right now of my childhood friend who chose the hawks as his team. I had to follow in my father's footsteps and become a Jets fan. It is just so painful.
    You can jump, you know.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You can jump, you know.
    No, I'm a Jets fan, and I've always been a Jets fan. I'm not fairweather, and I'm certainly not a bandwagoner (considering how atrocious the entire organization is)

I'm just hoping that one day our front office will get their **** together and actually create a team that does right by its fans. I just hope that day comes before I die.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Refs just took the football game and wiped their asses with it. Great hit, legal hit, three flags from the pansy ads officiating.
    I hope Seattle kills em tonight and Lynch runs over a ref at least once. Blocked!!!! Hell yeah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Refs just took the football game and wiped their asses with it. Great hit, legal hit, three flags from the pansy ads officiating.
    I hope Seattle kills em tonight and Lynch runs over a ref at least once. Blocked!!!! Hell yeah
    As Rasheed would say, "ball don't lie"