Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 334

Thread: Tebow Opts Out of the Wildcat

  1. #141
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it's been said, but ironic that he "opts out" and the wildcat runs as smoothly as it has all year.

    Good riddance.

  2. #142
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I never wanted Tebow here, but however horrible he may have looked in practice does not explain why they traded for him to be the backup QB. Nothing that they discovered from August until today should have been a surprise. Nothing this team does seems to add up. It gives an outsider no choice but to conclude the Jets organization has no idea what they are doing. If it were the business world, everyone would be fired next Monday.
    We can all agree the trade was a mistake. But the Seahawks went out and spent big money on a QB in the offseason but then quickly realized that a rookie QB taken late in the draft was the better option so they went with Wilson. I would be more dissapointed in the Jets, if they started Tebow knowing that he was not the best available option at QB.

  3. #143
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    One more week. That's all we have to endure.
    Let's see, ****ty QB play, an inept OC, an O line that can't block, a running game that doesn't work, a defense that can't get stops when they need to, a primadonna WR who's a cancer in the lockerroom.....

    And your main gripe apparently is that you had to endure me being here this year trying to support the Jets and hoping for a good season?

    Oh, the horror of Tebow supporters. I mean, your season would have been oh so perfect if not for our existence.

    What a farking joke.

  4. #144
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Let's see, ****ty QB play, an inept OC, an O line that can't block, a running game that doesn't work, a defense that can't get stops when they need to, a primadonna WR who's a cancer in the lockerroom.....

    And your main gripe apparently is that you had to endure me being here this year trying to support the Jets and hoping for a good season?

    Oh, the horror of Tebow supporters. I mean, your season would have been oh so perfect if not for our existence.

    What a farking joke.
    The only joke is your worship of a horrible QB.

    One more week.

  5. #145
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Let's see, ****ty QB play, an inept OC, an O line that can't block, a running game that doesn't work, a defense that can't get stops when they need to, a primadonna WR who's a cancer in the lockerroom.....

    And your main gripe apparently is that you had to endure me being here this year trying to support the Jets and hoping for a good season?

    Oh, the horror of Tebow supporters. I mean, your season would have been oh so perfect if not for our existence.

    What a farking joke.

  6. #146
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to look at this situation objectively.

    1-The media has been clamoring for Tebow forever. He is the golden goose. To come out and lie that Tebow didn't want to play only hurts that golden goose. There's absolutely no reason to fabricate it.

    2-As delusional as it may be, the Jets have visions of at the very least trading Tim Tebow at the end of the season and at least saving a little face for this debacle. Releasing this news, whether formally or informally, only serves to devalue Tebow and hurt their chances of getting any type of value for him.

    3-Dressing Tebow and claiming it'a a "coaches decision" to not play him still gives the impression they are trying to not get him hurt in meaningless time and save his value, but are willing to use him if need be (ie McElroy gets hurt) giving the impression that he does still have value.


    Thre's just no reason for the Jets to make this up. There's just no reason for the media to make this up. I hate to say it but everytime the media has moved in on rumors on this team and its players it has pretty much always been true. I think this is Tebow preserving his health and saying screw you at the same time to the Jets management.

  7. #147
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attention, this just in- Tebow sucks donkey ballz. Helllooooo Jacksonville

  8. #148
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Attention, this just in- Tebow sucks donkey ballz. Helllooooo Jacksonville
    You know it's funny you say that. This past summer I took my 4 year old son to a farm. We walked up to a pavk of donkeys and sure as **** there was Tim sucking on a donkey's balls. He seemed really into it and the goat didnt seem to mind. I had to shield my son's eyes

  9. #149
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    The only joke is your worship of a horrible QB.

    One more week.
    Actually 10Penny, the joke is that things around here (The Jets, not JI) suck so badly, yet guys like you seem to spend more time pissing your pants about dreaded Tebow fans.

  10. #150
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post

    Yep, totally sucks to actually care strongly about winning and losing.

  11. #151
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually 10Penny, the joke is that things around here (The Jets, not JI) suck so badly, yet guys like you seem to spend more time pissing your pants about dreaded Tebow fans.
    The difference is the Jets will matter and still be relevant while Tebow will still suck and play in the CFL after his Jacksonville pitstop.

    You are also a fraud for pretending to be a Jets fan (considering how you say we suck so bad) what does that say about you? How can you look at yourself in the mirror and still respect yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Yep, totally sucks to actually care strongly about winning and losing.
    So is that the same reason you're crying over Tebow here? Trying to win an argument? Maybe if he didn't suck so bad he would have won.

    One more month, In the mean time........
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 12-24-2012 at 01:56 AM.

  12. #152
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    The difference is the Jets will matter and still be relevant while Tebow will still suck and play in the CFL after his Jacksonville pitstop.
    The Jets will matter, and be relevant only to Jets fans and very few others for some time. I don't see them turning things around very quickly.



    You are also a fraud for pretending to be a Jets fan (considering how you say we suck so bad) what does that say about you? How can you look at yourself in the mirror and still respect yourself?
    Nope, not a fraud at all. The Jets sucked this year, but I still went to bars/restaurants to watch them play, or pulled the games up on First Row, even when Tebow wasn't suited up.

    BTW, since you harped on it, I'm also a fan of the University of Kentucky's football team and guess what ? They sucked this year as well. And last year. And the year before that. Hell, they outdo the Jets when it comes to futility, but no matter, I'm still a fan. They are my team. I live and die with them each week. Luckily, since it's a college, at least there's basketball season to help salvage things.

    So no, recognizing that the team sucks has no bearing on whether one is a fan or not

    So is that the same reason you're crying over Tebow here? Trying to win an argument?
    Oh, I'm not crying a bit as I take a much longer view of things.






    Cute picture. Here's one for you:

    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 12-24-2012 at 02:13 AM.

  13. #153
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Joe W. Namath and ucrenegade sitting in a tree.....



    Once Teblow is in Jacksonville, will you stay here, renegade?
    of course i am a jets sfan first which is why i wanted the qb that gave us the best chance to win starting and that obv was tebow because i knew suckchez would be suckchez but i guess if you have good practices when it is not game time speed he is really good............I would rather have the qb that can win on sundays rather than mon-sat you can have that qb...........

    i am glad most jets fans want a good practice qb instead of a real one and we call the jets f/o delusional most of the fans seem to be just as delusional.

    I heard colt mccoy practices real good maybe we can have him be our QB next year.

  14. #154
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is the only guy capable of making the correct decision with enough brains to figure out and finally say..."this Wildcat experiment is not working, it sucks and I'm done!"...among the Jets braintrust and team leaders...is Tebow.

  15. #155
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually 10Penny, the joke is that things around here (The Jets, not JI) suck so badly, yet guys like you seem to spend more time pissing your pants about dreaded Tebow fans.
    it's no use they would rather win on mon-fri with a excellent practice qb than have a real one that can win on sundays and yet they call the jets orginization delusional...........

  16. #156
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus, most of you turds investigate so poorly you'd never make it beyond speed trap duty on the force. Here are the facts:
    (1) Tebow was suited up and active on the roster.
    (2) Ryan used Kerley in the wildcat.

    Instead of wondering if Rex found yet another way to humiliate Tebow or the person who wanted Tebow on the team, you jump on the RUMOR bandwagon? As if Rex would have Tebow dressed and active if Tebow had refused to play? And you're confused as to why Ryan would waste a roster spot for someone who refused to play. Duh - because he didn't refuse to play.

    Here's a rumor for you: Woody has already told Rex he's fired after the next game. Now Rex's stubborn behavior makes sense! A lot more sense than Tebow refusing to play.

    Some of you are trying to rewrite Jets history. Are you the same guys who posted all season about how Sparano and Rex didn't use Tebow in obvious Tebow situations like 3rd and 1? Who saw with their own eyes how Tebow was randomly inserted for one play at a time with no rhyme or reason? Where are the guys who realized Rex and Sparano had been lying to us for months about super secret plays for Tebow? And who blasted Rex and Co. for deciding BEFORE the Titans game to USE TEBOW IN THE 3rd series regardless of how the game was going?

    Now that the majority of the NFL's fanbase, players, coaches and ex-coaches, sportswriters, sportscasters, analysts and pundits have publicly stated they're sickened by the way the Jets treated Tebow, and even Tebow-haters are repulsed by Rex's behavior, I understand your embarrassment. But continuing to blame Tebow for everything to try and save face is pitiful. Just stop.

    You're not the only ones repulsed by Ryan's behavior. Looks like some coaches and players are distancing themselves from Wrecks as well, not coming back next year.

    And during the game today it looked like the players have finally realized that Coach doesn't do what's best for the team - first putting Sanchez above the needs of the team, and then putting his PRIDE above the needs of the team by starting McElroy instead of Tebow. The offense allowed Mac to get sacked 11 times! They're not THAT bad, and the Chargers aren't THAT good. Even Sanchez hasn't sacked himself 11 times in one game.

    Here's a clue for you: the TEAM sent us a message today. Did you get it? Are you JETS fans or are you Rex Ryan fans?

  17. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a nice last week here Suzy.

    Hoping you and the rest of the cult have a joyous Christmas and a great time at Jagwiresfans.com in the new yesr

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #158
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    The truth. Get outta here, Gators fans.

  19. #159
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't blame Tebow for not wanting to play.....

    I don't want him to play either.

  20. #160
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Good for tebow. He wants out of this pathetic organization. Dont blame him.
    +11111111

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us