Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Tebow Opts Out of the Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually Vin, I think I might just stick around and teach you something about football, that way you don't sound so clueless when you post

Tim Tebow denies asking out of the Jets' Wildcat package last week, and says his Friday conversation with coach Rex Ryan was simply to reiterate "he would do anything to help."

Jets Insider VIP
    must have missed the "Thou Shalt Not Lie" classes

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    FIVE more days of Timmyturd and his cult

The countdown continues

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey sg3 ...

Schtick = Old

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. Spin away.

@BrianCoz: Confirmed ESPN report that Tebow said he no longer wanted to play wildcat after being informed Tuesday he was third string QB, per source
    Who has egg on their face now, I stood virtually alone on this board a few days ago and although ALL reports accused Tim of making these demands I stood steadfast and stated wait until the truth comes out, Tebow would NEVER say that, well here it is;

Rex is a liar tebow tells the truth.
    Tim Tebow did his best to clarify the flurry of reports that have come out since Sunday's loss to the Chargers -- a game where Tebow did not play and was replaced in the Wildcat formation by Jeremy Kerley.

He denied asking out of the Wildcat during a meeting with Rex Ryan on Tuesday, shortly after he found out he would not be the starter on Sunday. Tebow said that he did, however, thoroughly express his unhappiness about the decision for the first time in a "man to man" talk with Ryan; the first of which he's had all year. He told Ryan that he wanted to play "regular quarterback," something he reiterated several times.

Later on in the week, Tebow said he and Ryan still spoke sparingly, but after seeing Kerley's increased repetitions in the formation on Thursday, Tebow sought the coach out to clear the air and make sure he was not misunderstood.

Tebow only had a few Wildcat reps on Thursday. The Friday meeting was the next time Ryan was available for a talk.

"I said 'yeah, I'm frustrated with this,' absolutely and he knew that, he knew that I was frustrated by me saying it, but I didn't ask out, or say I wouldn't do anything," Tebow said.

He added: "(A possible misunderstanding) is why I expressed back to him Friday, I said 'Coach, you still know I'll do anything for this team, right? I'll do whatever,'" Tebow said. "He appreciated that, I think he knew that but I think he appreciated me going back and saying it."

Tebow said that his Christmas "wasn't the best" because he spent time hearing analysts bash his character and assume that he "quit" on the team by asking out of the Wildcat. Tebow wanted to clear up that sentiment on Wednesday with reporters.

"I didn't say I wouldn't do anything, that is not the truth," Tebow said. "For it just to come out and for people to run with it about my character and not being a good teammate, I think that's disappointing because your reputation is who you are and my reputation means a lot to me."

Later, he added: "You work your whole life to build a reputation. Then people try to bring you down when they don't understand what happened."

Tebow wished he was more clear with an ESPN reporter he spoke to late on Sunday after the game so he could curb the rumors before they took off.

"That was not it at all, it was just me asking for an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback," Tebow said. "I can't lie about that, I was definitely disappointed (in McElroy being named the starter), he knew that, he understood the frustration and we talked about it for a while."

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Very gullible aren't you. There is no way Tim would do or say that, there is more to this rumor then meets the eye. Wait for the truth to come out and when it does you will see what a POS organization this team is. Tim has more class and ethics then that, sorry.
    BTW, here was my initial statement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    BTW, here was my initial statement.
    Hopefully we'll be getting your FINAL statement sometime earl next Monday after your idol gets his walking papers

So the bottom line is either a reporter is lying or Tebow is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Not really. It could be the old "telephone" game. Tebow and Rex have a discussion that goes like this:

• Rex: Tim, I am naming McElroy as the starter. I know that has to upset you, but you'll still be running the WC.
    • Tim (Frustrated): You bet I'm pissed, I didn't come here to run the ball straight into the line 4 times per game. I came here to be the backup QB and step in when Mark failed. I just want a shot at playing QB.

Even though Tebow never meant it that way, Rex takes it to mean that Tebow doesn't want to run the WC.

So, somewhere along the line, others with the Jets hear that Tebow doesn't want to run the WC, and that gets translated into "Tebow opts out of WC" or "Tebow tells coaches not to put him in at WC".

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Hey sg3 ...

Schtick = Old
    Hey Dunnie ...

No one.....cares.

sg3 will always be sg3.

But I, for one, can't wait 'till the Tebow-ites vanish from this forum once he ends up in Jacksonville.

Even guys like Demos who claim that he will remain.....really won't.

And whether it was the reporter lying out of his ass or Teblow doesn't really matter. Only thing that matters is that he's GONE after this season is over.

Practice Squad
    Duh, and how would you bet if you were forced to bet $1,000. No brainer eh!

Practice Squad
    I'll make it easy for you, the reporter was Rich (lying-sack-o-****) Cimini

I like it how some posters respond to the same quote twice. Brings a sort-of unique-ness to this board.

Hope you enjoy sunny Jacksonville, vinniekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Hey Dunnie ...

No one.....cares.

sg3 will always be sg3.

But I, for one, can't wait 'till the Tebow-ites vanish from this forum once he ends up in Jacksonville.

Even guys like Demos who claim that he will remain.....really won't.

And whether it was the reporter lying out of his ass or Teblow doesn't really matter. Only thing that matters is that he's GONE after this season is over.
    I feel bad for Tim, he got shafted without a reach around ... But I won't miss the Tebowites either.

Tebow will be out of the league in 2 years. He will go down in history as the most overrated player in NFL history. Additionally, he will have singlehandedly have led to the firings of a number of NFL FO staff and coaches. Jacksonville beware!

We are not in the practices to see him throw. If Kelley gets the green light to throw and Tebow doesn't, what does that say about Tim? Get him off this team, get quiet and focus your attention on the field, not on a backup quarterback who insists on self promotion, running in the rain with his shirt off, and debating coaches decisions in the media.

"I want to play conventional quarterback". If he showed that he could in practice, perhaps he would in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowngreengang View Post
    If he showed that he could in practice, perhaps he would in the game.
    in about 10 starts he combined for 16 touchdowns and only 2 picks last year up until the buffalo game

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    in about 10 starts he combined for 16 touchdowns and only 2 picks last year up until the buffalo game
    Great stats

Make sure to pass them on to Jagwire fans next season as Timmy is leading them.to the 0-16 record and another first pick in the April 2014 draft

JET fans aren't interesting in them only care about the glorious day when he takes his gear out the exit door for t the last time

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Great stats

Make sure to pass them on to Jagwire fans next season as Timmy is leading them.to the 0-16 record and another first pick in the April 2014 draft

JET fans aren't interesting in them only care about the glorious day when he takes his gear out the exit door for t the last time

you mean like how sanchez almost led us to a 0-16 season? and how tebow led the broncos to the playoffs last year?

Hall Of Fame
    you mean like how sanchez almost led us to a 0-16 season? and how tebow led the broncos to the playoffs last year?
    Dont you mean backed them into the playoffs last year?

Jets Insider VIP
    EnjoyJacksonville in less than 4 days Jet "fan"