Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 334

Thread: Tebow Opts Out of the Wildcat

  1. #241
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Have you watched any of these teams play? IT ONLY WORKS IF THE QB CAN THROW. Have you watched Tebow play? HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL. See the difference?

    And he should be cut immediately for opting out of playing. Simply based on principle.
    That's a lie. Tebow can throw just fine.

  2. #242
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    A passer is graded on all 4 categories. The rating takes into consideration completion %. So he performed sub par in one, and very well in the others. Again his TOTAL passer rating takes what you just pointed out into consideration and still ended up with a rating of 90.

    Passing TD/INT are more important than completion % and passes for yards. You know the areas where Sanchez and McElroy suck?

    Not to mention if you have a shred of common sense or football QB his completion % is easily explainable by the fact Tebow didn't pass for short completion, high percentage passes that bolster your completion %. He ran for them.
    Explains why he fumbled a ton.

  3. #243
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Explains why he fumbled a ton.
    He still has a 2TD/1 turnover career ratio, fumbles included. That's a winning recipe and top 15 in the NFL.

    If your QB can score 2 touchdowns for every turnover, you can win football games with them.

    If your QB has more turnovers than touchdowns in today's NFL you will never win consistently even if he completes 85% of his passes.

  4. #244
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    post of the year excellent
    Thanks Renegade. BTW I lived in Flippen for 20 years

  5. #245
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Excellent factual points for which you will be indubitably ostracized and shunned by the sheeple.

    Step right up! Jets fans will debate your logic and reason with hysteria and personal insults!

    The greatest show on earth errrr...
    Lamest show on earth errrrr.....
    Biggest NO on earth.

    Whatever happens, Tebow fans and Jets fans will be forever locked in this loving embrace.
    Debate my last post with numbers. I dare you. YT seemed to skip right over it. Why dont you step up to the task since Jets fans are the delusional ones and Tebow is actually the next big thing.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 12-24-2012 at 08:05 PM.

  6. #246
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    He still has a 2TD/1 turnover career ratio, fumbles included. That's a winning recipe and top 15 in the NFL.

    If your QB can score 2 touchdowns for every turnover, you can win football games with them.

    If your QB has more turnovers than touchdowns in today's NFL you will never win consistently even if he completes 85% of his passes.
    I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously. The guy cannot throw well enough to be a viable weapon as a starting QB in this league.

    Oh yeah, that and he quit on his team and coach. Good luck with that in Jacksonville.

  7. #247
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    He still has a 2TD/1 turnover career ratio, fumbles included. That's a winning recipe and top 15 in the NFL.

    If your QB can score 2 touchdowns for every turnover, you can win football games with them.

    If your QB has more turnovers than touchdowns in today's NFL you will never win consistently even if he completes 85% of his passes.
    If he's completing less than 50% of his passes you cant. If you go 2:1 and you only has those scoring opportunities because you were carried by your RB and DEF. you aren't good

    This debate isn't Mark vs Tebow vs McElroy. This is a debate as to whether or not Tebow can last in this league and whether or not he is a legitimate starter. McElroy probably isn't but he was selected because we know the other two sucked BASED OFF OF THE SAMPLE SIZE FROM THEIR CAREERS. This is literally frustrating to listen to. You skipped my post dissecting his games showing why he sucked. You work in more meaningless numbers and nitpick and ignore criticism of him and thats why you Tebow fans have the rep you do. You possess blind love for a meaningless player and when a ngeative thing is said about him you close your eyes and ears and shout "LALALALALALALALALA" like a five year old.

  8. #248
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Debate my last post with numbers. I dare you. YT seemed to skip right over it. Why dont you step up to the task since Jets fans are the delusional ones and Tebows is actually the next big thing.
    What do you want me to debate? Some situational plays you pulled out of some games along with your ramblings to go along with it?

    I gave you stats everyone that follows the NFL uses that do a much better job of encompassing the performance of a player.

    You seem to think completion % is the most important thing for a quarterback. That alone tells me you have no idea what makes for a good quarterback.

    I watched all of his games too. How many of his passes were thrown away or grounded on purpose? Do you have statistics on those? How many were actual drops?

    Do you? No. So what we have to go on, is the same criteria we grade all other quarterbacks but you don't seem to like that when they work in his favor.

  9. #249
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Thanks Renegade. BTW I lived in Flippen for 20 years
    nice. it's amazing how scared people are of this guy if i thought someone sucked like sanchez then didn't mind him starting to show i was right but these people are so blinded they think he can't make one throw how bad do you really have to be in order to be worse than sanchez seriously?

    they would have a stronger case if they let tebow start a game or two and he ****s the bed but i think most fans are like rex they are afraid he will outplay their wonderboy suckchez thus proving they have been wrong since march.

    pride is one of the 7 deadly sins and believe me we saw how pride killed this franchise the last two years.

  10. #250
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    That's a lie. Tebow can throw just fine.
    Wrong. That's an opinion.

    My wife can throw a football just fine. Doesn't mean I want her with hands anywhere near Mangold's ass on Sundays.

  11. #251
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    If he's completing less than 50% of his passes you cant. If you go 2:1 and you only has those scoring opportunities because you were carried by your RB and DEF. you aren't good

    This debate isn't Mark vs Tebow vs McElroy. This is a debate as to whether or not Tebow can last in this league and whether or not he is a legitimate starter. McElroy probably isn't but he was selected because we know the other two sucked BASED OFF OF THE SAMPLE SIZE FROM THEIR CAREERS. This is literally frustrating to listen to. You skipped my post dissecting his games showing why he sucked. You work in more meaningless numbers and nitpick and ignore criticism of him and thats why you Tebow fans have the rep you do. You possess blind love for a meaningless player and when a ngeative thing is said about him you close your eyes and ears and shout "LALALALALALALALALA" like a five year old.
    Obviously you can because he did it and went 7-4. And you ignore the fact the kid uses his legs. He is NOT a pocket passer. He is a DUAL RUSH QB! He is part passer. Part running back.

    He didn't complete over 50%, he completed 47%(what ****ing difference on one of the worst teams in the league in dropped passes!) and partly because he can run for those other passes that would normally go for 3 yards that makes these other quarterbacks complete at 60%. What is so freaking amazing about a pass in the backfield that goes for 3 yards? All that does is pad completion % stats. I'd rather have Tebow get me 5.4 yards per carry. I mean are you impressed with his "75% completion %" this year?

    Get that through your head. There is a big difference between a WCO style quarterback that you are used to seeing in the NFL and the offense Tim Tebow ran. And yes there is room for both.

    Go back and see Terry Bradhsaw's numbers, 4 time superbowl champion. He completed a career 52%. Big freaking difference.

    Nevermind the fact, that yes Tebow can complete more than 50% of his passes if he is placed in a spread option offense similar to that of Wilson, RG3, Cam Newton and Colin K. I guarantee it! He has done it his entire college career. And you will look stupified by it when he will do this.

    And his defense didn't carry him 95 yards downfield against the Jets. His defense didn't complete for 316 passing yards and another 50 rushing against the Steelers. It was his arm and his legs.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 12-24-2012 at 08:20 PM.

  12. #252
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I can't f'n wait for Tebow to be off this team.

    Good Luck Jacksonville.
    Why hate on the guy. He barely played. When he was in there he got us a few first downs and was 6/8 passing. This is not his doing, it's the Jets who did it to him. They promised him whatever to come play in NY and then they reneged.

  13. #253
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Obviously you can because he did it and went 7-4. And you ignore the fact the kid uses his legs. He is NOT a pocket passer. He is a DUAL RUSH QB! He is part passer. Part running back.

    He didn't complete over 50%, he completed 47%(what ****ing difference on one of the worst teams in the league in dropped passes!) and partly because he can run for those other passes that would normally go for 3 yards that makes these other quarterbacks complete at 60%. What is so freaking amazing about a pass in the backfield that goes for 3 yards? All that does is pad completion % stats. I'd rather have Tebow get me 5.4 yards per carry. I mean are you impressed with his "75% completion %" this year?

    Get that through your head. There is a big difference between a WCO style quarterback that you are used to seeing in the NFL and the offense Tim Tebow ran. And yes there is room for both.

    Go back and see Terry Bradhsaw's numbers, 4 time superbowl champion. He completed a career 52%. Big freaking difference.

    Nevermind the fact, that yes Tebow can complete more than 50% of his passes if he is placed in a spread option offense similar to that of Wilson, RG3, Cam Newton and Colin K. I guarantee it! He has done it his entire college career. And you will look stupified by it when he will do this.

    And his defense didn't carry him 95 yards downfield against the Jets. His defense didn't complete for 316 passing yards and another 50 rushing against the Steelers. It was his arm and his legs.


    If you want to mention Bradshaw in the same sentence as Tebow you must be as dense as your leading me to believe. Nevermind the fact that the league was nowhere near the type of passing league it is now with new rules in place to promote a dominate passing game. Bradshaw was the consensus #1 pick of his class, Tebow shouldn't have even been considered in the 3rd but thanks to Josh McDaniels that stupidity became a reality.

    I never mentioned the Jets or Steelers remember? I gave him the credit for those games. Instead of his team carrying him, he carried them. But like I said, even Sanchez has looked awesome at times and now he may not have job next year.

    You can guarantee those ridiculous predictions all you want, but they are never going to happen lol. That's because the rest of the NFL knows what he is. Athletic football player, terrible starting quarterback. A poor man's Brad Smith. His rushing numbers are f******* useless and so is what he did in college. The QB has to able to pass the ball to be successful and he can't pass efficiently enough to survive in this league. The stats show this. And btw, whether you like it or not, right now no he can't complete 50% of his passes in a full season. He hasn't done it before and I guarantee he wont ever be a successful starting QB in this league and may be out of football if Jax passes on him. Even if they do do you really think they'd start him and declare him the future of their franchise? That's laughable considering that they're guaranteed a top 2 pick in the first and second rounds and ill bet my left nut they draft their future qb somewhere in this draft.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 12-24-2012 at 09:17 PM.

  14. #254
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    What do you want me to debate? Some situational plays you pulled out of some games along with your ramblings to go along with it?

    I gave you stats everyone that follows the NFL uses that do a much better job of encompassing the performance of a player.

    You seem to think completion % is the most important thing for a quarterback. That alone tells me you have no idea what makes for a good quarterback.

    I watched all of his games too. How many of his passes were thrown away or grounded on purpose? Do you have statistics on those? How many were actual drops?

    Do you? No. So what we have to go on, is the same criteria we grade all other quarterbacks but you don't seem to like that when they work in his favor.
    Its not, I've played the position and I'm well aware of this. But to say it isn't important is just plain stupid.

    I dont have statistics on those but they are available to look up. I mentioned in that post how his poor passing hindered their ability to win. What part of that do you not understand?
    Last edited by Mogglez; 12-24-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  15. #255
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    V z

  16. #256
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    If you want to mention Bradshaw in the same sentence as Tebow you must be as dense as your leading me to believe. Nevermind the fact that the league was nowhere near the type of passing league it is now with new rules in place to promote a dominate passing game. Bradshaw was the consensus #1 pick of his class, Tebow shouldn't have even been considered in the 3rd but thanks to Josh McDaniels that stupidity became a reality.

    I never mentioned the Jets or Steelers remember? I gave him the credit for those games. Instead of his team carrying him, he carried them. But like I said, even Sanchez has looked awesome at times and now he may not have job next year.

    You can guarantee those ridiculous predictions all you want, but they are never going to happen lol. That's because the rest of the NFL knows what he is. Athletic football player, terrible starting quarterback. His rushing numbers are f******* useless. The QB has to able to pass the ball to be successful and he can't pass efficiently enough to survive in this league. The stats show this. And btw, whether you like it or not, right now no he can't complete 50% of his passes in a full season. He hasn't done it before and I guarantee he wont ever be a successful starting QB in this league and may be out of football if Jax passes on him. Even if they do do you really think they'd start him and declare him the future of their franchise? That's laughable considering that they're guaranteed a top 2 pick in the first and second rounds and ill bet my left nut they draft their future qb somewhere in this draft.
    OK well we'll just agree to disagree bud because there's no point in me arguing with someone who believes 50% is a psychological barrier to being an NFL quarterback and 47% means you can't. What is a 3% difference for a QB who throws less than 20 attempts per game in real football talk? Less than 1 completion per game? That can't be made up by 6 rushing touchdowns and 660 yards on the ground? Or the fact he only threw 6 interceptions?

    Even if he can't, if you'd rather have a quarterback who completes 50% and throws more interceptions than touchdowns then you just got what you wished for. Congratulations. Or maybe one day you will work it out why Sanchez and McElroy lose games when they are completing over 50%...and Tebow was able to win games completing 47%...maybe one day you will figure it out.

  17. #257
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    pride is one of the 7 deadly sins and believe me we saw how pride killed this franchise the last two years.
    Lol.

  18. #258
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    OK well we'll just agree to disagree bud because there's no point in me arguing with someone who believes 50% is a psychological barrier to being an NFL quarterback and 47% means you can't. What is a 3% difference for a QB who throws less than 20 attempts per game in real football talk? Less than 1 completion per game? That can't be made up by 6 rushing touchdowns and 660 yards on the ground? Or the fact he only threw 6 interceptions?

    Even if he can't, if you'd rather have a quarterback who completes 50% and throws more interceptions than touchdowns then you just got what you wished for. Congratulations. Or maybe one day you will work it out why Sanchez and McElroy lose games when they are completing over 50%...and Tebow was able to win games completing 47%...maybe one day you will figure it out.
    I guess we will. I don't think it would be a hindrance if he played every game like the Steelers game, (300+ yds, around 47-50 comp %, a high YPC, 2Td's and no turnovers) but he doesn't do that. He isn't consistent in his passing and that will be his downfall because he's a phenomenal athlete and if he could pass at somewhere around 60% he'd honestly be unstoppable imo.

    Sanchez and McElroy probably aren't long term answers and neither is Tebow. The difference between us is I understand the last part of that sentence. For us Jets fans, it's time to find another guy because ALL of our QB's suck. I don't want any of them, that should have been made very clear throughout this debate.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 12-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.

  19. #259
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    OK well we'll just agree to disagree bud because there's no point in me arguing with someone who believes 50% is a psychological barrier to being an NFL quarterback and 47% means you can't. What is a 3% difference for a QB who throws less than 20 attempts per game in real football talk? Less than 1 completion per game? That can't be made up by 6 rushing touchdowns and 660 yards on the ground? Or the fact he only threw 6 interceptions?

    Even if he can't, if you'd rather have a quarterback who completes 50% and throws more interceptions than touchdowns then you just got what you wished for. Congratulations. Or maybe one day you will work it out why Sanchez and McElroy lose games when they are completing over 50%...and Tebow was able to win games completing 47%...maybe one day you will figure it out.
    The offense that the Jets run requires a hi completion % to succeed. Sanchez couldn't do it. No possible way Tebow could. And they're not changing the entire offense in one week so he can be successful. He will (and has) failed here. He will move on to another team, and you will move on to another sight.

    Oh yeah, and he quit on his team and coach.
    Last edited by ubrnostrum; 12-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.

  20. #260
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I guess we will. I don't think it would be a hindrance if he played every game like the Steelers game, (300+ yds, around 47-50 comp %, a high YPC, 2Td's and no turnovers) but he doesn't do that. He isn't consistent in hi passing and that will be his downfall because he's a phenomenal athlete.

    Sanchez and McElroy probably aren't long term answers and neither is Tebow. The difference between us is I understand the last part of that sentence. For us Jets fans, it's time to find another guy because ALL of our QB's suck. I don't want any of them, that should have been made very clear throughout this debate.
    No the difference between us is that I understand what the right offense and coaching staff can do for a quarterback or his stats and you don't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us