Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow Opts Out of the Wildcat

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Because the Jets lacked the Personnel *AND* The Coaching Staff to do what Denver did.

THE SPREAD-OPTION is still a gimmick as far as the NFL goes.....kind of like the Knuckleball in baseball.....(no offense to RA Dickey fans)

Nonsense. Let's look at the top 10 teams in the league right now by record.

3 teams are in the playoffs with the spread option this year. SF, Seattle and likely Washington. Their quarterbacks are either rookies or 1st year starters who are all in the top 10 in efficiency. The rookie of the year last year, ran the spread option and are still running it this year. Tebow made the playoffs with it and made the #1 defense look stupid with the spread option.

That's a gimmick?

3 teams have atypical offenses that are tailor-made to their QB's needs. Broncos, Patriots and Green bay. They require ELITE level QB's with a lot of experience.

The other 4: Baltimore, Indianapolis, Houston and Atlanta use what one would consider pro style offenses. Their offense really don't scare anyone. So 6 out of the top 10 teams in the league right now, are NOT using a traditional NFL offense.

Out of all the top 10 rookie QB's drafted this year, the one struggling the most is the one trying to run a pro style offense: Andrew Luck.

So the scariest offenses in the league right now are either running the spread option, or have something uniquely designed to suit their quarterbacks' skillset.

Hmm....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seven and counting

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seven and counting

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ytfootballfan, GO AWAY!

sg3, I think there's an echo somewhere...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ytfootballfan, GO AWAY!

sg3, I think there's an echo somewhere...
    Translation: "Please don't use facts and common sense against me! I can't debate that way!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN now reporting that Tebow said he had a disagreement with Rex about not starting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Translation: "Please don't use facts and common sense against me! I can't debate that way!"
    No

Translation is:

You have nothing to defend

Everybody with eyes and not under your worshipping revival tent easily sees that Tim Tebow as an NFL quarterback
    SUCKS!!

Fortunately for the Jets he will be taking his hideous quarterbacking lack of ability elsewhere in a week and hopefully you and the rest of your brainwashed Tebowing cult will be going away with him

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No

Translation is:

You have nothing to defend

Everybody with eyes and not under your worshipping revival tent easily sees that Tim Tebow as an NFL quarterback
    SUCKS!!

Fortunately for the Jets he will be taking his hideous quarterbacking lack of ability elsewhere in a week and hopefully you and the rest of your brainwashed Tebowing cult will be going away with him

"Everybody with eyes" saw Tebow on the sidelines the entire year. "Everybody with eyes" saw that he wasn't even used for a whole series until the Titans game, when he got 1 series. "Everybody with eyes" and a BRAIN saw the ineffective offensive plays that Sparano used for Tebow this year.

If you said Tebow sucked AFTER you watched him start and play one whole game for the Jets, your opinion might be taken seriously, but you've said he sucks since March 2012, so your opinion means nothing.

It wouldn't have cost Rex anything to give Tebow a game so we could all see him sink or swim. It's not because Tebow sucked in practice. After we lost to the Titans and were out of the imaginary playoff hunt, Rex lost any credible excuse for leaving Tebow on the bench. Everyone could have seen if Tebow sucks or not. But Rex scratched that horse from the race without ever giving him a start. He'll dump Tebow without ever giving him a test drive. It's sheer incompetence as a Head Coach.

Ryan's just like you, SG3 - unable to admit he made a mistake. I bet you both put salt on your food before you taste it.

The 8 Tebow fans on JI aren't the ones under a revival tent. You're the one under the Big Top with Rex, the Master of Illusion. The only cult I've seen around here is the one you belong to - the one that takes it on "faith" that Tebow must suck because Rex Ryan didn't start him. Your CULT relies on fantasy instead of the cold hard facts of everything we've seen this season. You're unable to debate facts and logic presented by Vinniekt, Nike, Cleansweep2013, Dunnie, YtfootballFan, Demos9 and Traitor Jay & the Woodies. You resort to insults and name-calling. You even sh*t on JetsInsiders posters who've been on these boards years longer than you, if one of them thinks it's just common sense to see what Tebow has before you dump him. You call them Tebow lovers LOL.

And LOL at you for thinking I will leave the forum if Tebow goes. I'll be right here keeping you honest. BTW I'm not religious - I don't give a flying fvck one way or the other about Tebow's faith. The way you lump all of Tebow's fans into the religious right is amusing. That's some chip on your shoulder, LTJF. Yeah, I recognize your voice.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

3 teams are in the playoffs with the spread option this year. SF, Seattle and likely Washington. Their quarterbacks are either rookies or 1st year starters who are all in the top 10 in efficiency. The rookie of the year last year, ran the spread option and are still running it this year. Tebow made the playoffs with it and made the #1 defense look stupid with the spread option.

That's a gimmick?

3 teams have atypical offenses that are tailor-made to their QB's needs. Broncos, Patriots and Green bay. They require ELITE level QB's with a lot of experience.

The other 4: Baltimore, Indianapolis, Houston and Atlanta use what one would consider pro style offenses. Their offense really don't scare anyone. So 6 out of the top 10 teams in the league right now, are NOT using a traditional NFL offense.

Out of all the top 10 rookie QB's drafted this year, the one struggling the most is the one trying to run a pro style offense: Andrew Luck.

So the scariest offenses in the league right now are either running the spread option, or have something uniquely designed to suit their quarterbacks' skillset.

Hmm....
    If you can't throw the damn football with efficiency then yes its a gimmick. Tebow sucked at running the option efficiently and relied on miracles to win. His defense stepped up, his kicker made huge kicks. Ill give him the Jets, Steelers and Dolphins games and stop there. As a matter of fact, If he wasn't an awful QB they might have won their last three games in 2011. I'm also tired of hearing about the f****** Steelers game already. So what if he had a good game passing for once in his awful career? Sanchez has looked amazing too and look where he is. To win in this league you must bee consistant and the very next week of those same playoffs, Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn against the 32nd ranked pass defense.

Luck has next to nothing on his team outside of Wayne and their defense sucks. Cam Newton and the panthers, San Fran, and the Seahawks? Those are your idea of "scary offenses?" The Patriots, Lions, Falcons, Packers, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, Texans, and Saints are what I would consider to be scary. Its laughable that you think Houston and Atlanta aren't in this category. Really shows your lack of football knowledge.

You and your fellow Tebow fans are beyond annoying (Demo isn't that bad). You pollute this board attacking anybody that talks sh*t about Tebow, praise him like he actually accomplished something meaningful in his NFL career when in reality he didn't, and spew nonsense about stuff from his college days. He's garbage, will always be garbage, and if Jax doesn't pick him up, may be out of football. Do every Jets fan here a favor and leave already. Its evident that you don't root for this team you only root for Tebow. Since he's a lock to be gone why don't you and your goons just disappear and place an order for you Jax. #15 jersey and sign up for their message board before the New Year.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 12-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    First off, if you wanna have a discussion like an adult, don't call me a boy. Weren't you just btchin at other posters for "school yard bullying" and not making a legit point/argument?

Second of all, all I did was ask you a couple questions, and made a couple points, using FACTS (Jets offering contract extension to DC) that contradict your theroy Rex had been told he would be fired after the season......why so sensitive sweatheart?

Edit: oh and to make this clear to you since you didn't comprehend it the first time, these "rumors" are REPORTED BY LEGIT, CREDIBLE SOURCES (MULTIPLE SOURCES). It wasn't some desperate attempt by a biased, obsessed fan boy to defend his idol (for example)

Now do me a favor "boy genius" and gfy.
    Only you could take my quote from the old TV show Batman and Robin "the boy wonder" and "boy genius" to mean I'm calling you "boy". Way to turn a snide comment into an insult to your manhood or your race, and go on a ridiculous rant about it. Next time to make sure there's no confusion I'll refer to you as "Man Genius", "Man Wonder", "Mr. Wonderful" or something more sensitive to your needs. Feel free to call me a "girl genius" when you're giving a logical argument. I won't use that to derail the topic or infer that you meant the word "girl" by itself as some derogatory term.

Totally ridiculous. And telling me to GFY? You're just jealous that your Twister was sent to me by mistake. It'll be ok. You can order another.
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 12-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    If you can't throw the damn football with efficiency then yes its a gimmick. Tebow sucked at running the option efficiently and relied on miracles to win. His defense stepped up, his kicker made huge kicks. Ill give him the Jets, Steelers and Dolphins games and stop there. As a matter of fact, If he wasn't an awful QB they might have won their last three games in 2011. I'm also tired of hearing about the f****** Steelers game already. So what if he had a good game passing for once in his awful career? Sanchez has looked amazing too and look where he is. To win in this league you must bee consistant and the very next week of those same playoffs, Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn against the 32nd ranked pass defense.

Luck has next to nothing on his team outside of Wayne and their defense sucks. Cam Newton and the panthers, San Fran, and the Seahawks? Those are your idea of "scary offenses?" The Patriots, Lions, Falcons, Packers, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, Texans, and Saints are what I would consider to be scary. Its laughable that you think Houston and Atlanta aren't in this category. Really shows your lack of football knowledge.

You and your fellow Tebow fans are beyond annoying (Demo isn't that bad). You pollute this board attacking anybody that talks sh*t about Tebow, praise him like he actually accomplished something meaningful in his NFL career when in reality he didn't, and spew nonsense about stuff from his college days. He's garbage, will always be garbage, and if Jax doesn't pick him up, may be out of football. Do every Jets fan here a favor and leave already. Its evident that you don't root for this team you only root for Tebow. Since he's a lock to be gone why don't you and your goons just disappear and place an order for you Jax. #15 jersey and sign up for their message board before the New Year.
    Tell me something new other than the same old regurgitated cliches about his defense winning games for him. His defense kept the team in games, and this is what needs to happen for MOST NFL teams to win. But he STILL scored. He was the LEADING scorer on the Denver Broncos was he not? Don't act like Denver's defense is on the same level as the Giants, or SF or Seattle who won games for him. Jets defense kept this team in games too, but the quarterbacks were too incompetent to do what he did.

And please stop with 1 good passing game...

Sun 11/6
    @ OAK
    W 38-24 10/21 124 47.6% 5.91 2 0 33.0 98.1rat

Sun 11/27
    @ SD
    W 16-13 (OT) 9/18 143 50.0 7.94 1 0 33.5 95.4rat

Sun 12/4
    @ MIN
    W 35-32 10/15 202 66.%7 13.47 2 0 64.3 149.3rat

2010:
    Sun 12/19
    @ OAK
    L 23-39 8/16 138 50.0% 8.63 1 0 84.6 100.5rat

Last time I checked an NFL passer rating over 90 is good! In addition to that he's also added with his legs on the ground. You want to discount all of them?

The Lions, Giants, Cowboys and Saints are teams who have been outperformed by those teams I mentioned. And Atlanta who managed 2 points scored by their defense last year in the playoffs is fearsome? Even Tebow did better than Ryan. I'm sorry but those spread option quarterbacks have outperformed the quarterbacks of these team this year. When you combine what they did with both their arms and legs, there's no question about it. Eli, Romo, Stafford, and you can even make an argument, some were better than Brees.

And please show me where I have attacked anyone on this board or didn't back up what I wrote with some sort of fact or evidence.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 12-24-2012 at 06:39 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not all Tebow's going to opt out of..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a gimmick?

Hmm....
    Have you watched any of these teams play? IT ONLY WORKS IF THE QB CAN THROW. Have you watched Tebow play? HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL. See the difference?

And he should be cut immediately for opting out of playing. Simply based on principle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me something new other than the same old regurgitated cliches about his defense winning games for him. His defense kept the team in games, and this is what needs to happen for MOST NFL teams to win. But he STILL scored. He was the LEADING scorer on the Denver Broncos was he not? Don't act like Denver's defense is on the same level as the Giants, or SF or Seattle who won games for him. Jets defense kept this team in games too, but the quarterbacks were too incompetent to do what he did.

Sun 11/6
    @ OAK

Sun 11/27
    @ SD

Sun 12/4
    @ MIN

2010:
    Sun 12/19
    @ OAK

Last time I checked an NFL passer rating over 90 is good! In addition to that he's also added with his legs on the ground. You want to discount all of them?

The Lions, Giants, Cowboys and Saints are teams who have been outperformed by those teams I mentioned. And Atlanta who managed 2 points scored by their defense last year in the playoffs is fearsome? Even Tebow did better than Ryan. I'm sorry but those spread option quarterbacks have outperformed the quarterbacks of these team this year. When you combine what they did with both their arms and legs, there's no question about it. Eli, Romo, Stafford, and you can even make an argument, some were better than Brees.

And please show me where I have attacked anyone on this board or didn't back up what I wrote with some sort of fact or evidence.
    Excellent factual points for which you will be indubitably ostracized and shunned by the sheeple.

Step right up! Jets fans will debate your logic and reason with hysteria and personal insults!

The greatest show on earth errrr...
    Lamest show on earth errrrr.....
    Biggest NO on earth.

Whatever happens, Tebow fans and Jets fans will be forever locked in this loving embrace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    9 for 18
    10 for 21
    8 for 16
    Great examples

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    The only joke is your worship of a horrible QB.

One more week.
    I am going to laugh my ass off if they let rex go before tebow gets traded and the new gm hires a coach that wants to use tebow. oh do christmas wishes really come true because that would be mine for this fan base.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Jesus, most of you turds investigate so poorly you'd never make it beyond speed trap duty on the force. Here are the facts:
    (1) Tebow was suited up and active on the roster.
    (2) Ryan used Kerley in the wildcat.

Instead of wondering if Rex found yet another way to humiliate Tebow or the person who wanted Tebow on the team, you jump on the RUMOR bandwagon? As if Rex would have Tebow dressed and active if Tebow had refused to play? And you're confused as to why Ryan would waste a roster spot for someone who refused to play. Duh - because he didn't refuse to play.

Here's a rumor for you: Woody has already told Rex he's fired after the next game. Now Rex's stubborn behavior makes sense! A lot more sense than Tebow refusing to play.

Some of you are trying to rewrite Jets history. Are you the same guys who posted all season about how Sparano and Rex didn't use Tebow in obvious Tebow situations like 3rd and 1? Who saw with their own eyes how Tebow was randomly inserted for one play at a time with no rhyme or reason? Where are the guys who realized Rex and Sparano had been lying to us for months about super secret plays for Tebow? And who blasted Rex and Co. for deciding BEFORE the Titans game to USE TEBOW IN THE 3rd series regardless of how the game was going?

Now that the majority of the NFL's fanbase, players, coaches and ex-coaches, sportswriters, sportscasters, analysts and pundits have publicly stated they're sickened by the way the Jets treated Tebow, and even Tebow-haters are repulsed by Rex's behavior, I understand your embarrassment. But continuing to blame Tebow for everything to try and save face is pitiful. Just stop.

You're not the only ones repulsed by Ryan's behavior. Looks like some coaches and players are distancing themselves from Wrecks as well, not coming back next year.

And during the game today it looked like the players have finally realized that Coach doesn't do what's best for the team - first putting Sanchez above the needs of the team, and then putting his PRIDE above the needs of the team by starting McElroy instead of Tebow. The offense allowed Mac to get sacked 11 times! They're not THAT bad, and the Chargers aren't THAT good. Even Sanchez hasn't sacked himself 11 times in one game.

Here's a clue for you: the TEAM sent us a message today. Did you get it? Are you JETS fans or are you Rex Ryan fans?
    post of the year excellent

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    9 for 18
    10 for 21
    8 for 16
    Great examples
    A passer is graded on all 4 categories. The rating takes into consideration completion %. So he performed sub par in one, and very well in the others. Again his TOTAL passer rating takes what you just pointed out into consideration and still ended up with a rating of 90.

Passing TD/INT are more important than completion % and passes for yards. You know the areas where Sanchez and McElroy suck?

Not to mention if you have a shred of common sense or football QB his completion % is easily explainable by the fact Tebow didn't pass for short completion, high percentage passes that bolster your completion %. He ran for them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sun 11/6
    @ OAK

Sun 11/27
    @ SD

Sun 12/4
    @ MIN

2010:
    Sun 12/19
    @ OAK

I don't discount all them no. But those numbers don't even begin to accurately portray his effectiveness in those games and I know what I saw from him and so does the rest of the NFL. Look at his comp. and you'll get a better indication of how good he really was.

Before you accuse me of not watching and just looking at stats, I did actually watch all of those games last year and he was wildly inaccurate and inconsistent, two things required of an NFL QB. He was also new to the league and there wasn't much tape on what he could and couldn't do and he caught teams off guard. Ill admit he had pretty nice deep ball against the Vikings and their atrociously bad secondary but that's about it. You want to mention QBr's? Mark Sanchez had a better rating than Tebow did that season playing in more games and a tougher schedule.

Lets take a look at his bad games shall we?

Buffalo- A team that Sanchez swept, Tebow got destroyed.

Chiefs- The Jets dominated their team so badly that Todd Haley was fired the following day. Tebow lost to the QB he replaced in the end of that very same season and between both games went a whopping 8-30 with 2 total TD's (both came in only one of the 2 games) and 1 INT. Ill give him credit for making what was a very nice throw in the first game to make up for what was one of the worst performances by a QB i've ever seen.

SD (OT) - He didn't really do much in this game so im surprised you mention it. His lone TD came in the second quarter and this was the final drive:

1st and 10 at DEN 43- (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass incomplete deep right to J.Johnson.

2nd and 10 at DEN 43- (Shotgun) T.Tebow right end pushed ob at SD 45 for 12 yards (S.Gregory).

1st and 10 at SD 45- (Shotgun) T.Tebow right end to SD 41 for 4 yards (N.Diggs).

2nd and 6 at SD 41- (Shotgun) W.McGahee up the middle to SD 17 for 24 yards (S.Gregory, S.Phillips).

1st and 10 at SD 17- T.Tebow kneels, dead ball declared at SD 19 for -2 yards.
    Timeout #1 by SD at 00:33.

McGahee has huge run. Prater kicks a FG. Tebow gets the credit? Lol ok.

Looking at the Oakland game you mentioned he did perform well rushing the ball. But once again McGahee had a huge performance and the defense picked carson palmer three times so that certainly helped. Pretty much he just didn't f up. Fine. That still leaves all the other games where he played like absolute dog**** and hurt his team. That broncos team is virtually the same quality of players and Peyton has that division wrapped up with 4 games left. Explain that?

Patriots- This was the first game where his limitations were exposed.

Detroit- Was practically playing against back up in the secondary and still performed like crap

Chicago- My personal favorite to nitpick. He played like trash for most of the game, Cutler was hurt, and if it wasn't for Marion friggen Barber running out of bounds and the leg of prater the wild ride is over. Don't start telling me he was responsible for that.

That comment was for all you Tebow fans not just you. You may have never attacked someone yourself but its happened here and it nauseating that people like that get away with it. Im sick of hearing about this guy. I came into this season believing that he could be effective and was wrong. On top of it its his fans and his totally selfish actions this week have pretty much left me despising him and I'm almost ecstatic that this year on the Jets may have permanently ended his career. I almost hope we don't cut him so you can watch the dude sit on the bench for the next guy we bring in but I know that is unlikely. Either way he's never going to start for a team and be effective and no amount of Heisman's, National titles, or miracle wins will change that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a reason that ESPN sought out to develop a new QB rating system.

The QB rating essentially considers completion percentage, touchdown percentage, interception percentage, and yards per attempt.

While Tebow finds a way to win, I can't erase from my memory his throws to receivers consistently falling 6 yards shortly.

Sorry, Tebow is not an immediate answer.

Sun 11/6
    @ OAK

Sun 11/27
    @ SD

Sun 12/4
    @ MIN

2010:
    Sun 12/19
    @ OAK