Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow Opts Out of the Wildcat

All Pro
    This is the act of a truly selfish player with an overinflated ego. The quicker the Jets put an end to this failed experiment, the better.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It dawned on me today, I think Rex Ryan wants to get fired.

He wants to collect 2 years of pay while sitting on his couch, doing an occasional ESPN gig, maybe a World Series of Poker appearance. Then, when John Madden expires, BOOM, he's there to take his rightful place atop the EA Sports Football Game throne.

SAR I
    You know. Maybe you're right. Every week we fans are confronted with a decision that defies logic. Every week. I can't wait for the exposť written about what really happened from Dec 2011 to dec 2012.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You know. Maybe you're right. Every week we fans are confronted with a decision that defies logic. Every week. I can't wait for the exposť written about what really happened from Dec 2011 to dec 2012.
    the only explanation for sticking with a loser and signing his competition and then not making a competition and then blatantly putting tebow in the worse situations and then name him 2nd all year then when it is time to bench the loser pass him over for a 7th round pick..........it is the only explanation for a organization to be this dumb then again i see the thought process of some of the fans and maybe they take after the organization.

Seriously I think the best move right now would be to cut him tomorrow. They have no leverage and will get a 7th from Jax or, more likely, will be forced to cut him after no one is interested in a month or two.

Cut his ass now for insubordination. At least you send a message that you are serious. Get *something* out of this dumpster fire of a move

Jets Insider VIP
    Arguing that Tebow should replace Sanchez is like arguing which steaming pile of sh*t you should step in.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Arguing that Tebow should replace Sanchez is like arguing which steaming pile of sh*t you should step in.
    And discussing something with you is about as productive as talking to an eggplant, but at least that discussion would be more stimulating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Seriously I think the best move right now would be to cut him tomorrow. They have no leverage and will get a 7th from Jax or, more likely, will be forced to cut him after no one is interested in a month or two.

Cut his ass now for insubordination. At least you send a message that you are serious. Get *something* out of this dumpster fire of a move
    You don't know that there was any "insubordination" as the stories right now don't provide any real context.

Perhaps Ryan realized that he screwed Tebow and tried to "throw him a bone" by saying "hey, we'll get you in on more WC plays, what do you think about that ?" To which Tebow might have responded, "actually Rex, at this point, I'd rather not".

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You don't know that there was any "insubordination" as the stories right now don't provide any real context.

Perhaps Ryan realized that he screwed Tebow and tried to "throw him a bone" by saying "hey, we'll get you in on more WC plays, what do you think about that ?" To which Tebow might have responded, "actually Rex, at this point, I'd rather not".
    IF TRUE. LOL

Then why should he get a game check today? Why should he be allowed to wear a uniform instead of someone that practiced all week ?

Especially if this guy is all that and a bag of chips as many here make him out to be.

Jets Insider VIP
    And discussing something with you is about as productive as talking to an eggplant, but at least that discussion would be more stimulating.
    Awwww... did I hurt your feelings when I mocked the piece of crap QB that you love?

For the record, an eggplant would also make a better QB than Tebow.

All League
    Awwww... did I hurt your feelings when I mocked the piece of crap QB that you love?

How true is this statement....... Sad, but true

Most players want to do whatever it takes to help the team, and let the coach make such decisions, and being a team player means doing your job.

I am obviously better than everyone else, including my coaches, I am above being asked to do my job, so I asked them to sit me so I can sit here and stew in my love of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    IF TRUE. LOL

Then why should he get a game check today? Why should he be allowed to wear a uniform instead of someone that practiced all week ?

Especially if this guy is all that and a bag of chips as many here make him out to be.
    From what most articles on the subject said, the Jets still wanted him suited up in case McElroy got injured as they did not want to put Sanchez in a home game

Show me an eggplant that had an 8 - 5 record and a playoff victory

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    In a way, its nice to see that Tebow stood up for himself. But that could alienate himself from a lot of organizations., maybe even Jacksonville.
    Lol at Tebow standing up for himself.if any other player opted out of playing and helping his team he would be called a coward. Tebow is all about one thing, and it ain't God and it ain't the team, he's all about Tebow.

Good bye and don't let the door hit y on the way out.

From what most articles on the subject said, the Jets still wanted him suited up in case McElroy got injured as they did not want to put Sanchez in a home game
    Yeah that's typical Jets logic.

Less than a week to go and we can start to take the big top down.

Rookie
    Let me get this straight. Tebow wants the coaches to totally ignore how he looks in practice and let him run the offense when he can't do that in practice? What other player in the NFL would be given the same chance? If he was lights out in practice then he would have started weeks ago. He was the king of 3 and outs last year. He beat the Jets the same way they lost the first Pats game. The team played not to lose. The call to put Tebow in doesn't make any sense considering he cannot even run things in practice. He must not even be trying or cannot understand an offense. Maybe he wants to be a QB because it makes more money and carries more prestige. No team except a desperate one is going to let him QB their team until he shows he can handle it. That's the way it works for everyone. He does not speak for God nor is he Jesus. His followers that believe he does need to actually read the bible. Just because he says he's a Christian doesn't mean he has gotten there yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Show me an eggplant that had an 8 - 5 record and a playoff victory
    One more week. That's all we have to endure.

Tebow Traded to Jets: March 2012

This guy is not a Jets fan, he is another Tebow fan that will vanish from this board once Tebow is off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yeah that's typical Jets logic.

Less than a week to go and we can start to take the big top down.

Thing is, I can see this as a classy move by Rex, depending on how it went down.

Maybe he realized the impact starting McElroy would have on Tebow and asked him how he felt about running some WC in a game that McElroy is starting.

Understandably, Tebow would say that he'd prefer not to. Rex says "ok, I can understand that" and went with Kerley.

I could be wrong about this of course. Maybe Tebow did react out of character and actually said "fark it, I'm done with this WC."

Will be interesting to see if the whole story comes out.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Let me get this straight. Tebow wants the coaches to totally ignore how he looks in practice and let him run the offense when he can't do that in practice? What other player in the NFL would be given the same chance? If he was lights out in practice then he would have started weeks ago. He was the king of 3 and outs last year. He beat the Jets the same way they lost the first Pats game. The team played not to lose. The call to put Tebow in doesn't make any sense considering he cannot even run things in practice. He must not even be trying or cannot understand an offense. Maybe he wants to be a QB because it makes more money and carries more prestige. No team except a desperate one is going to let him QB their team until he shows he can handle it. That's the way it works for everyone. He does not speak for God nor is he Jesus. His followers that believe he does need to actually read the bible. Just because he says he's a Christian doesn't mean he has gotten there yet.
    I never wanted Tebow here, but however horrible he may have looked in practice does not explain why they traded for him to be the backup QB. Nothing that they discovered from August until today should have been a surprise. Nothing this team does seems to add up. It gives an outsider no choice but to conclude the Jets organization has no idea what they are doing. If it were the business world, everyone would be fired next Monday.