Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow Opts Out of the Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    The offense that the Jets run requires a hi completion % to succeed. Sanchez couldn't do it. No possible way Tebow could. And they're not changing the entire offense in one week so he can be successful. He will (and has) failed here. He will move on to another team, and you will move on to another sight.

Oh yeah, and he quit on his team and coach.
    Seriously? The "ground and pound" needs elite passing skills? LOLz yeah ... no.

The initial point of this thread was about the RUMOR that Tebow opted out of the wildcat while Rex mysteriously had him suited up and on the active roster. As usual, some of you twisted the most innocuous of statements around into the typical SOJF convoluted crap while pretending you didn't.

If I say "It would be smart to start Tebow for one game to see how he plays with the Jets in a real game instead of practice", you use your super decoder rings to interpret that as "Tebow can win the game by himself". If I say "Tebow has more NFL wins and experience than McElroy so it's common sense to start him before Mac", you twist that into "Tebow would've won the Superbowl for you this year".

You say "Sanchez took us to 4 playoff games" or "Tom Brady and Eli Manning have won Superbowls", and everyone understands you don't literally mean they were solely responsible for those wins. But if I say "Tebow had a winning season as a starting QB last year, beat the Jets, and went to the playoffs", you deliberately imply that I said he did it all by himself.

That's the hardest thing for me to understand - the stupid Orwellian doublespeak you use - The utter lack of common sense that allows you to write off a potential QB without ever giving him a chance to start a game for you. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Why hate on the guy. He barely played. When he was in there he got us a few first downs and was 6/8 passing. This is not his doing, it's the Jets who did it to him. They promised him whatever to come play in NY and then they reneged.
    Thank you for that LongSuffering. I appreciate your open mind and impartial treatment. Is it always this hard to become a Jets fan?

Hahaha I just remembered that post a week or two ago when one of y'all said if Tebow really cared about the team he would refuse to let the coaches insert him into the game and disrupt Sanchez's momentum.

LMAO that if he DID do that THIS is exactly how you guys would've treated him. There is nothing Tebow could ever do to change your minds. If he ever played well enough to take the Jets to the Superbowl, you'd rather give back the Lombardi than win it with Tebow. Wow, an Epiphany. The "S" in SOJF obviously stands for "STUBBORN".

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post

The initial point of this thread was about the RUMOR that Tebow opted out of the wildcat while Rex mysteriously had him suited up and on the active roster. As usual, some of you twisted the most innocuous of statements around into the typical SOJF convoluted crap while pretending you didn't.

If I say "It would be smart to start Tebow for one game to see how he plays with the Jets in a real game instead of practice", you use your super decoder rings to interpret that as "Tebow can win the game by himself". If I say "Tebow has more NFL wins and experience than McElroy so it's common sense to start him before Mac", you twist that into "Tebow would've won the Superbowl for you this year".

You say "Sanchez took us to 4 playoff games" or "Tom Brady and Eli Manning have won Superbowls", and everyone understands you don't literally mean they were solely responsible for those wins. But if I say "Tebow had a winning season as a starting QB last year, beat the Jets, and went to the playoffs", you deliberately imply that I said he did it all by himself.

That's the hardest thing for me to understand - the stupid Orwellian doublespeak you use - The utter lack of common sense that allows you to write off a potential QB without ever giving him a chance to start a game for you. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

One of the most level minded and eloquent posts I have read on these forums. You just forgot to mention that if you are a fan of any other quarterback it's perfectly ok, but if you are a fan of Tebow you are delusional, fanatical, religious, worshiper.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hahaha I just remembered that post a week or two ago when one of y'all said if Tebow really cared about the team he would refuse to let the coaches insert him into the game and disrupt Sanchez's momentum.

LMAO that if he DID do that THIS is exactly how you guys would've treated him. There is nothing Tebow could ever do to change your minds. If he ever played well enough to take the Jets to the Superbowl, you'd rather give back the Lombardi than win it with Tebow. Wow, an Epiphany. The "S" in SOJF obviously stands for "STUBBORN".
    Hahaha yawl and yore selfish crybaby no talent bust QB will.be leaving in SIX days

See yawl

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad

Rex had no intention of ever playing Tebow as the starting QB. The wildcat offense is the only package he practices and Kerely seems better than Tebow in that roll. This staff is incapable of developing an offense where Tebow can succeed. I'm shocked they actually realize this.

BYE BYE LOSER. PLEASE LET THE DOOR HIT YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Rex had no intention of ever playing Tebow as the starting QB. The wildcat offense is the only package he practices and Kerely seems better than Tebow in that roll. This staff is incapable of developing an offense where Tebow can succeed. I'm shocked they actually realize this.
    They're actually incapable of developing an offense where any QB can succeed, but I doubt they realize it.

I'm sure you're correct that Rex never intended to start Tebow or allow him to be a true backup QB. Tebow could've used pretty much the same offense as Sanchez or McElroy. Some folks think Tebow was a wildcat QB in college or they don't know the difference between the WC, spread or read option. Tebow is a spread / read option QB - not a Wildcatter - so I think even the "great defensive mind" could have come up with a workable offensive plan for one game.

I gather from these posts that most Jets fans enjoyed seeing Tebow trotted out like a sideshow freak as a personal punt protector, blocker, back, water boy or whatever. Evidently it's okay for a head coach to lie to a player, a team, and the fans. No one is ashamed by Rex's behavior - certainly not Rex. What a hilarious joke old Rex played on Tebow! Long live King Rex Ryan with the NYJ.

They're actually incapable of developing an offense where any QB can succeed, but I doubt they realize it.

I'm sure you're correct that Rex never intended to start Tebow or allow him to be a true backup QB. Tebow could've used pretty much the same offense as Sanchez or McElroy. Some folks think Tebow was a wildcat QB in college or they don't know the difference between the WC, spread or read option. Tebow is a spread / read option QB - not a Wildcatter - so I think even the "great defensive mind" could have come up with a workable offensive plan for one game.

I gather from these posts that most Jets fans enjoyed seeing Tebow trotted out like a sideshow freak as a personal punt protector, blocker, back, water boy or whatever. Evidently it's okay for a head coach to lie to a player, a team, and the fans. No one is ashamed by Rex's behavior - certainly not Rex. What a hilarious joke old Rex played on Tebow! Long live King Rex Ryan with the NYJ.
    I actually always liked Rex, but the more I see of him the more I get the impression that it's him chasing the media spotlight and loves to bask in it. He WANTS a game manager. He WANTS his defense to be the star. That's why he doesn't give a damn about offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I actually always liked Rex, but the more I see of him the more I get the impression that it's him chasing the media spotlight and loves to bask in it. He WANTS a game manager. He WANTS his defense to be the star. That's why he doesn't give a damn about offense.
    Hey, that's funny! It took me a while but I realized Rex is the real media whore a couple months ago

Jets Insider VIP
    Monday

Clock ticking

Turd Teblow AND his Jonestown Groupies

HIT THE ROAD OUTTA HERE

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Monday

Clock ticking

Turd Teblow AND his Jonestown Groupies

HIT THE ROAD OUTTA HERE

I'll always be with you, poopsie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    We've known this SINCE Demos joined.

My god...I can't wait until this last game ends so that the following people DISAPPEAR from JI forever :

1.) Demos

We Jets fans already have to constantly put up with Pats trolls 24/7 here....We don't need Teblow groupies polluting the area further with their garbage.

I wonder if Copernicus will leave, too?

Actually Vin, I think I might just stick around and teach you something about football, that way you don't sound so clueless when you post

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Lol poor bastrds already have to deal with constant talk of their team moving, and no they will have a bunch of man crush Tebow fans to deal with as well......makes being a Jets fan not look so bad LOL

I have nothing against Tebow at all. I am not a fan of his, nor a hater. I wish he was a better QB (IMO he is not) because he could of helped the Jets......but I feel bad for him being that he has so many psychotic fans that give him a bad name and make others want to root against him.

Im not saying all Tebow fans suck or are obsessed and delusional, but from the ones I have met and posters that have joined this site, there's a good amount that are obnoxious and so agenda driven its insane.

Get off the mans dck and let him breath. You guys are probably the biggest factor in teams NOT wanting to have Tebow as part of their franchise.
    PaPz,

Go back and read many of the posts from when the trade was first announced. What you'll find is a **** load of venom being spewed vis a vis Tebow, and that was before the mass onslaught of 5 or so Tebow supporters that have "flooded" JI.

"Everybody with eyes" saw Tebow on the sidelines the entire year. "Everybody with eyes" saw that he wasn't even used for a whole series until the Titans game, when he got 1 series. "Everybody with eyes" and a BRAIN saw the ineffective offensive plays that Sparano used for Tebow this year.

If you said Tebow sucked AFTER you watched him start and play one whole game for the Jets, your opinion might be taken seriously, but you've said he sucks since March 2012, so your opinion means nothing.

It wouldn't have cost Rex anything to give Tebow a game so we could all see him sink or swim. It's not because Tebow sucked in practice. After we lost to the Titans and were out of the imaginary playoff hunt, Rex lost any credible excuse for leaving Tebow on the bench. Everyone could have seen if Tebow sucks or not. But Rex scratched that horse from the race without ever giving him a start. He'll dump Tebow without ever giving him a test drive. It's sheer incompetence as a Head Coach.

Ryan's just like you, SG3 - unable to admit he made a mistake. I bet you both put salt on your food before you taste it.

The 8 Tebow fans on JI aren't the ones under a revival tent. You're the one under the Big Top with Rex, the Master of Illusion. The only cult I've seen around here is the one you belong to - the one that takes it on "faith" that Tebow must suck because Rex Ryan didn't start him. Your CULT relies on fantasy instead of the cold hard facts of everything we've seen this season. You're unable to debate facts and logic presented by Vinniekt, Nike, Cleansweep2013, Dunnie, YtfootballFan, Demos9 and Traitor Jay & the Woodies. You resort to insults and name-calling. You even sh*t on JetsInsiders posters who've been on these boards years longer than you, if one of them thinks it's just common sense to see what Tebow has before you dump him. You call them Tebow lovers LOL.

And LOL at you for thinking I will leave the forum if Tebow goes. I'll be right here keeping you honest. BTW I'm not religious - I don't give a flying fvck one way or the other about Tebow's faith. The way you lump all of Tebow's fans into the religious right is amusing. That's some chip on your shoulder, LTJF. Yeah, I recognize your voice.

Dayum, SG3 just got *****slapped )

Absolutely priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Dayum, SG3 just got *****slapped )

Absolutely priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Jeeeezus for fumigating this message board next week by removing the worst POS bust player from the Jets

And his brainwashed worshipping cult of ignorance too...

Tebow on outta here...

So a bunch of tebow groupies think that Rex should have "given him games?" how about he goes out and earns a chance by playing well? the NY jets do not exist to serve Tim tebow... No matter what he and his selfish cult followers think. He's just another selfish athlete bust who doesn't deserve to be here. He's like a less talented virgin version of marbury. I'll enjoy watching tebow and his followers fail in Jacksonville
    Last edited by cant wait; 12-25-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I guess we will. I don't think it would be a hindrance if he played every game like the Steelers game, (300+ yds, around 47-50 comp %, a high YPC, 2Td's and no turnovers) but he doesn't do that. He isn't consistent in his passing and that will be his downfall because he's a phenomenal athlete and if he could pass at somewhere around 60% he'd honestly be unstoppable imo.

Sanchez and McElroy probably aren't long term answers and neither is Tebow. The difference between us is I understand the last part of that sentence. For us Jets fans, it's time to find another guy because ALL of our QB's suck. I don't want any of them, that should have been made very clear throughout this debate.

Bingo. Tebow wasn't "consistent" in his passing last year. Here's the thing though, in college, at UF, Tebow was extremely consistent in his passing. Hell, he had a higher career completion percentage than either of the Manning brothers, Matt Stafford, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

I submit that his inconsistency is due to the attempts to change his mechanics, and that those changes hadn't made it to muscle memory last year. We haven't seen enough passes out of him this year to see whether or not there has been any improvement.

That said, many QB experts agree that his mechanics can be fixed.

Something else that I'd wish you and others would remember is that Tebow came off the bench last year. Basically, he was very much in the same position that Greg McElroy is in this year. Extremely limited reps in TC and during the season. Next to no time spent with the 1st team players. People here would have been absolutely ecstatic if McElroy had taken over after game 5 and gone 7-4.

Let that sink in for a minute. He wasn't the incumbent starter when he went 7-4. He came off the freaking bench and did that in his first prolonged set of starts, having taken over the reigns of a woeful 1-4 team.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So a bunch of tebow groupies think that Rex should have "given him games?" how about he goes out and earns a chance by playing well? the NY jets do not exist to serve Tim tebow... No matter what he and his selfish cult followers think. He's just another selfish athlete bust who doesn't deserve to be here. He's like a less talented virgin version of marbury. I'll enjoy watching tebow and his followers fail in Jacksonville

Hey there sunshine, there's different ways of "earning" something. Sure, one way is to go out in practice and absolutely blow everyone else away.

Another way is to "pay your dues". You do this by doing all the little things that the coaches ask of you. By playing hard and putting forth a lot of effort. That kind of thing.

What some of us are arguing is that the season was over, so there's no reason that Rex shouldn't have given Tebow the shot that he earned by paying those dues. I mean, it's not like the NFL would give them an extra point in the loss column for losing a game that Tebow starter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Another night

Demo on duty defending the indefensible

Thank the lord...only SIX more

Then flying off on the Kehoutek Comet to Jagwirefans.com

See ya Demo and the rest..enjoy the flight