Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Positive: Quentin Coples

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

A Positive: Quentin Coples

Coples is really coming on in the second half of the season and is starting to look like a really solid pick. With Mo playing at a Pro Bowl level, and Coples showing the ability to dominate, the Jets could have 2 terrific pillars for their rebuild.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the arrow is pointing up for those 2 guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One beast at OLB or two and we will have a dominate D.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    One beast at OLB or two and we will have a dominate D.
    I'd trade'm all for a QB and WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing Coples needs to do is learn to keep his hands down when he comes near the qb...the fifteen yard penalties add up

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    One thing Coples needs to do is learn to keep his hands down when he comes near the qb...the fifteen yard penalties add up

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    He has played good but he seems to dominate against 2nd or 3rd string o-line. The last four weeks he has played against players who might be working in warehouses next year. I am very intersted to see if he can step up against the better o-lines in the league next yr.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    He has played good but he seems to dominate against 2nd or 3rd string o-line. The last four weeks he has played against players who might be working in warehouses next year. I am very intersted to see if he can step up against the better o-lines in the league next yr.
    The pats managed 1 whole sack vs jacksonville today.

Coples hasnt gone up against the SF line or any jonathon odgens, but these are still NFL player and he is starting to dominate them.

I really cant see how there can be a single complaint about him as a pick....he is playing extremely well, and him and wilkerson really look like a great tandem.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    QC is starting to gain steam. I hope he continues to progress.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Coples is really coming on in the second half of the season and is starting to look like a really solid pick. With Mo playing at a Pro Bowl level, and Coples showing the ability to dominate, the Jets could have 2 terrific pillars for their rebuild.
    Mo is not pro bowl and couples is average

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I saw your screen name as "last post" and thought to myself, I almost guarantee he will downplay Coples into being nothing. I was right, and you also try to down play Wilkerson as well.

You must be miserable watching this team. I've been on this board for a good while, and I don't know when I started noticing your negativity, but I can't recall seeing one that I would even consider a neutral post.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Way. They are going to be very good players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need speed at LB...bad.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples and Wilk are going to be monsters!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    No Way. They are going to be very good players.
    Youll have to excuse him he must not remember Vernon Gholston

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you cant see how well wilkerson is playing thats just a shame and you probably need to re-evaluate what you think a "pro-bowl player" does. He has been dominant the past 5 weeks.

There will still be cople haters since after all its jet fans on this site, but he too has looked great the past 3 games. He does have a weird tendency to hit QBs in the head which is getting called a lot but I cant wait to see what he looks like next year with a full offseason to work on technique etc.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Agree there are some building blocks, only worry would be a switch back to 4-3 focus, the Jets have lost some good players going from 3-4 to 4-3 and back again with the coaching changes in the last 10+ years

several positives in Cro, Kerley, Landry, McIntyre, credit to Bart still giving all he has

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If you cant see how well wilkerson is playing thats just a shame and you probably need to re-evaluate what you think a "pro-bowl player" does. He has been dominant the past 5 weeks.

There will still be cople haters since after all its jet fans on this site, but he too has looked great the past 3 games. He does have a weird tendency to hit QBs in the head which is getting called a lot but I cant wait to see what he looks like next year with a full offseason to work on technique etc.
    Exactly. QC is great. The troll is stupid

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats laughable, are you serious??????Mo is in his second year, he,s been blowing up offensive lineman all year, Coples is a rookie, and is starting to do the same thing.Both of them are beasts

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing. A Jet fan who is realistic.
    For the umpteenth time, all the Wilkerson aand Coples butt kissers: please look at the rosters of OTHER teams. There are MANY players better than either of these guys. Just in the AFC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Amazing. A Jet fan who is realistic.
    For the umpteenth time, all the Wilkerson aand Coples butt kissers: please look at the rosters of OTHER teams. There are MANY players better than either of these guys. Just in the AFC.
    Think it is fair to temper down a bit.. Nobody is putting these guys in Canton just yet.. but they are young productive and developing young players..