Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Positive: Quentin Coples

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Coples and Wilk are going to be monsters!!!!
    agree and hopefully the new coach switches to a 4-3 where they will beast even more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    He has played good but he seems to dominate against 2nd or 3rd string o-line. The last four weeks he has played against players who might be working in warehouses next year. I am very intersted to see if he can step up against the better o-lines in the league next yr.
    What? Some really bad teams have solid offensive lineman. Tell me who he has beat for his sacks and why you think those players will not be in the NFL next year?

Jets fans: Finding innovative ways to be negative since 1963

Coples and Wilkerson are going to wreak havoc for a long time. Problem is almost every other position is either aging or lacking talent.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Coples and Wilkerson are going to wreak havoc for a long time. Problem is almost every other position is either aging or lacking talent.
    i disagree harris is still a force at lb demario davis and mcintyre look promising and the secondary with revis cro bell and landry is the best in the nfl if they retain bell and landry.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Think it is fair to temper down a bit.. Nobody is putting these guys in Canton just yet.. but they are young productive and developing young players..

They show "promise". And that's better than Sanchez, or a bunch of other Jets. OK players. Now let's see how the coaches develop them.

You said there are many better in the AFC, than Mo and Coples. Name eight, which isn't that many.Go ahead, name em

true.. I was beginining to question coples.. As I did with Mo last year.. Those 2 picks were 100% Rex. Guy knows his D..Tanny and co left with offense drafting picking FA.. lol.. yet many moron fans want to fire Rex...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    true.. I was beginining to question coples.. As I did with Mo last year.. Those 2 picks were 100% Rex. Guy knows his D..Tanny and co left with offense drafting picking FA.. lol.. yet many moron fans want to fire Rex...
    football is a 3 fold offense defense and special teams. rex failed 2 of the 3. preseason was a preview of this offense scoring only 1 td. rex failed to address the situation. he is the head coach and should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You said there are many better in the AFC, than Mo and Coples. Name eight, which isn't that many.Go ahead, name em

Why is 8 magic? Here's 9 off the top of my head just in the AFC. There are more in the NFC. And this is versus Wilkerson - Coples is even further down the list of "unknowns".
    JJ Watt, Dumervill, Dunlap, Lamar Houston, Mario Williams, Cory Ligett, Shepard from Cleve, Chandler Jones, Filli Moala (sp).

Everybody on the Jets is a superstar on this board. If so:
    WHY IS IT NOW WORKING ON YEAR 45?
    And next year is a write off: NFC South, AFC North - that 7 losses maybe. Depends on Carolina. NE +2.
    Maybe in 2014. By then the Jets will have 10 all pros led by Sanchez. Hey, a 6 six time frame is about right for a QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    One beast at OLB or two and we will have a dominate D.
    Yep. Now if we could only find a way to score those things called "points"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Why is 8 magic? Here's 9 off the top of my head just in the AFC. There are more in the NFC. And this is versus Wilkerson - Coples is even further down the list of "unknowns".
    JJ Watt, Dumervill, Dunlap, Lamar Houston, Mario Williams, Cory Ligett, Shepard from Cleve, Chandler Jones, Filli Moala (sp).
    Those players all play different positions. It only makes sense to compare Wilkerson to 3-4 DEs. The only better players at this position right now are Justin Smith, J.J. Watt and Haloti Ngata (and he even had a down year). Corey Liuget has come on kind of similar to Wilkerson so I'll give you him. Other than that, out of 12 teams or 24 starting 3-4 DEs, he is clearly among the best in the business. No matter if you go by stats, by impact, by potential, by what the experts say, by what you see...

And guys like Moala, Houston or Sheard aren't even on the same planet as Mo...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Those players all play different positions. It only makes sense to compare Wilkerson to 3-4 DEs. The only better players at this position right now are Justin Smith, J.J. Watt and Haloti Ngata (and he even had a down year). Corey Liuget has come on kind of similar to Wilkerson so I'll give you him. Other than that, out of 12 teams or 24 starting 3-4 DEs, he is clearly among the best in the business. No matter if you go by stats, by impact, by potential, by what the experts say, by what you see...

And guys like Moala, Houston or Sheard aren't even on the same planet as Mo...
    Seriously.

Palmetto, plenty of legit areas to cry about with this team.

Mo Wilks is not one of them, you come off foolish with your assessment, just stop.

LMAO at anyone who thinks Chandler Jones is better than Mo Wilkerson let alone Quinton Coples. Coples has the same production with way less snaps and he's been showing consistent dominance on the line the last 3 games.

From ProFootballFocus.com

One of the few bright spots of the Jets’ season is their defensive line, and especially two young players. Muhammad Wilkerson was expected to have a breakout, and our second-highest graded 3-4 defensive end is doing an amazing job against the run and starting to find the rhythm as a pass rusher. In the past six weeks, Wilkerson recorded 16 total pressures, including three sacks, for a Pass Rushing Productivity of 7.0. His new partner in the line, Quinton Coples, isn’t enjoying a lot of playing time (around 50 percent of total snaps) but he is making it count as the fourth-highest ranked 3-4 defensive end in Pass Rushing Productivity. This production was even higher in the past two games, when he got a 13.7 PRP with two sacks, three hits and two hurries in just 42 pass rushing snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Mo is not pro bowl and couples is average
    No, Mo IS pro bowl

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post

Everybody on the Jets is a superstar on this board. If so:
    WHY IS IT NOW WORKING ON YEAR 45?
    And next year is a write off: NFC South, AFC North - that 7 losses maybe. Depends on Carolina. NE +2.
    Maybe in 2014. By then the Jets will have 10 all pros led by Sanchez. Hey, a 6 six time frame is about right for a QB.
    Mario Williams and chandler jones????? Really???

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Seriously.

Palmetto, plenty of legit areas to cry about with this team.

Mo Wilks is not one of them, you come off foolish with your assessment, just stop.
    I am too happy with the progress ofnMo and Wilk. however, when I watch Seattle, SF, JPP of the Giants Insee REAL speed. We need more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I am too happy with the progress ofnMo and Wilk. however, when I watch Seattle, SF, JPP of the Giants Insee REAL speed. We need more speed.
    Hmmm JPP, dude hasn't had a sack in 6 games and 6.5 on the year, can't really explain his lack of production...I think Coples will eventually be a better player btw.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Hmmm JPP, dude hasn't had a sack in 6 games and 6.5 on the year, can't really explain his lack of production...I think Coples will eventually be a better player btw.
    he is ONE FAST MUTHA , I can tell you that.

I love cope and Wilk, they just don't seem to be fast. We need some speed too.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    One beast at OLB or two and we will have a dominate D.
    Add a free safety too. Then focus on Offense for Godsake.