Thread: How much is Sparano at fault?

How much is Sparano at fault?

Yes the Jets have a lack of talent at running back and receiver and their pass blocking is suspect but I have to believe that a top offensive coordinator would know #1) what type of plays to design for this offense 2) the correct situation to use the correct play 3) would know what to tell the QB about how to properly handle the play about to be ran - example: we are gonna get 1 on 1 on one of our outside receivers this next play - let the ball fly no matter what cause it should be a 1 on 1 - just throw it in a spot where it cant be intercepted in case receiver is covered - we want to at least stretch the field for future plays. 4) call plays to counteract what the defense is doing - today I think Sparano used 2 screen passes and they both worked well - why didnt he go back to more screens?

Sparano mixed in a few trick plays and got the Jets the lead today - but then he magically stopped calling those plays. Sparano also didnt try to stretch the field. Throw 3 bombs in a row and your bound to get an interference call or at least stretch the field. I dont think the guy knows how to plan ahead.

I know we all wanted Schotty to go - me included - but Sparano has been even worse. I certainly don't want either back.

I have to believe that a top coordinator would of at least had this offense playing solid football. Sparano has been a giant disappointment!

Hall Of Fame
    A whole lot.

All Pro
    The last time he was an offensive coordinator was in 1993 for Boston University... go figure...

He is not at fault at all. Maybe because I live in So Fla and saw the dolphins' offense during his regime, but what happened this year wasn't a surprise at all. The fault lies with the people in charge (Tanny, etc.) who thought he would be some huge improvement over Schotty. No one with a clue saw any logic in it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who was Sparano????

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Pass blocking suspect???!

11 sacks

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    The last time he was an offensive coordinator was in 1993 for Boston University... go figure...
    No wonder the Terriers discontinued football 4 years later

All Pro
    None. Its on rex. Stop blaming the coordinators. Its the head coach.

Jets Insider VIP

Change

Every time you change coordinators, a new system is brought in. for that reason I would give Sparano another year. all the new receivers hurt us this year. remember Hill dropping that pass in NE. Winning and stability is what is required. the chicken or the egg. we need a good full draft and another year before cleaning house.

He is not a very good OC with terrible talent.
    that said, we have already fired/scapegoated one OC? The problem starts at the top. Its time to fire the GM and HC. That is, if you really want to make a difference.

Veteran
    All the offensive staff must go. We should have run the Kerley pass play before game 15. We wait until we're eliminated to run a trick play, we could of used that last week in Tennessee when we couldn't move the ball. SPARANO SHOULD OF BEEN FIRED WEEKS AGO.

All Pro
    If rex is back, sparano is back. Its very simple. No coach gets to go through 3 OCs in 3 years. Its the head coach that goes at that point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If rex is back, sparano is back. Its very simple. No coach gets to go through 3 OCs in 3 years. Its the head coach that goes at that point.
    Both

But first and foremost

TEBLOW GOES

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Every time you change coordinators, a new system is brought in. for that reason I would give Sparano another year. all the new receivers hurt us this year. remember Hill dropping that pass in NE. Winning and stability is what is required. the chicken or the egg. we need a good full draft and another year before cleaning house.
    Holy ****, RMJK just randomly decides to drop in?

Sprano is a big problem , has to go . Just for the way he used Tebow. No strategy just put him in no rhyme or reason. Think 1st New England game he should have run at goal line.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

dont know what they saw in this fool to begin with.. All the experts questioned it.. I thought "ohh the wildcat guy" must be be better than shotty.. not sure now