Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon NC State QB 6' 6"

Mike Glennon NC State QB 6' 6"

We missed on Phillip Rivers, we missed on Russell Wilson. We have a shot to get this guy. Keep an eye on him in the Music City Bowl on the 31st. Everything happens for a reason.
    Last edited by NamathToCaster; 12-23-2012 at 08:48 PM.

All League
    Footwork issues and inconsistant accuracy. I don't want to take a chance on a QB that has those same issues as Sanchez.

Glennon is going to be a riser come draft time and might actually make it to the first round, but he'd be a huge reach in the top 12 or so where the Jets would be picking.

If they are taking a project, I'd rather it be a 2nd or third round variety that sits for a year, at minimum, while the offensive weapons get added around him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathToCaster View Post
    We missed on Phillip Rivers, we missed on Russell Wilson. We have a shot to get this guy. Keep and eye on him in the Music City Bowl on the 31st. Everything happens for a reason.
    OK...I'm a big Wolfpack guy. Daughter is an alum. Glennon seems undeveloped for the NFL. Sort of big birdish.... I watched every game this season .

I don't see how we can develop him unless we have an OC and QB coach capable.

I liked Rivers and Wilson from the moment I saw them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Footwork issues and inconsistant accuracy. I don't want to take a chance on a QB that has those same issues as Sanchez.

Glennon is going to be a riser come draft time and might actually make it to the first round, but he'd be a huge reach in the top 12 or so where the Jets would be picking.

If they are taking a project, I'd rather it be a 2nd or third round variety that sits for a year, at minimum, while the offensive weapons get added around him.
    E.J. Manuel might be a better option in the 2nd or 3rd.

I respect what you are saying but he played only two years since he had to sit because of Wilson. I think he will only get better.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I agree. While this year doesn't contain any top line QB prospects, I think there could be a few future starters in the 2nd and 3rd round, and Manuel is one. Obviously nothing is ever a sure fire thing at QB, and the lower you get into the draft, the less sure things get. I have 4 2nd/3rd round guys that intrigue me.

Nassib-Really growing on me. Learned from a good coach at Syracuse. Reminds me of Matt Ryan a little. He might be safest of the "projects".

Tyler Bray-Probably has the most prototypical NFL "tools", but maturity and decsion making are serious concerns. First round tools, 7th round character issues. He reminds me of Ryan Mallet, unfortunately we haven't seen yet how Mallet has matured or if he's NFL capable.

EJ Manuel-A year ago I would have never considered Manuel to be a serious NFL QB prospect, but Russell Wilson has changed my mind. The NFL is changing, and Manuel may be a beneficiary of that.

Zac Dysert- He's a guy that you watch and just can't put your finger on why he's so productive. He's athletic, but not super athletic. He's got a good arm, but nothing that wows. Then I think about it, and come to the super lazy comparision that he's a poor man's Big Ben, but I think it's accurate. He likely needs a lot of seasoning as well, but I think he could be a future starter had in the 3rd round.

All Pro
    2 duds.

All League
    You'd probably have to taken Glennon in the 1st if you wanted him and I'd probably rather have Nassib or Manuel in the 2nd.

Veteran
    Glennon weighs only 19 pounds. True story

All Pro
    see my sig

All Pro
    He reminds me a bit of Joe Flacco in terms of body type and movement. And this is not a bad thing. At this height he has much fewer problems to find receivers and it would be a nice sight to have someone tall back there you can throw over the DLine...

All of these guys are going to require proper development from a coaching staff. So no matter who we decide on, they'll stink. Russell Wilson wouldn't be playing as well as he is if he were on the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by NamathToCaster View Post
    We missed on Phillip Rivers, we missed on Russell Wilson. We have a shot to get this guy. Keep an eye on him in the Music City Bowl on the 31st. Everything happens for a reason.
    Not in the first round.....especially first half of it.

Hopefully, there will be someone brought into the Jets FO who can competently evaluate this kind of player and slot him appropriately.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I agree. While this year doesn't contain any top line QB prospects, I think there could be a few future starters in the 2nd and 3rd round, and Manuel is one. Obviously nothing is ever a sure fire thing at QB, and the lower you get into the draft, the less sure things get. I have 4 2nd/3rd round guys that intrigue me.

Nassib-Really growing on me. Learned from a good coach at Syracuse. Reminds me of Matt Ryan a little. He might be safest of the "projects".

Tyler Bray-Probably has the most prototypical NFL "tools", but maturity and decsion making are serious concerns. First round tools, 7th round character issues. He reminds me of Ryan Mallet, unfortunately we haven't seen yet how Mallet has matured or if he's NFL capable.

EJ Manuel-A year ago I would have never considered Manuel to be a serious NFL QB prospect, but Russell Wilson has changed my mind. The NFL is changing, and Manuel may be a beneficiary of that.

Zac Dysert- He's a guy that you watch and just can't put your finger on why he's so productive. He's athletic, but not super athletic. He's got a good arm, but nothing that wows. Then I think about it, and come to the super lazy comparision that he's a poor man's Big Ben, but I think it's accurate. He likely needs a lot of seasoning as well, but I think he could be a future starter had in the 3rd round.
    I am not sure if people actually watched Manuel THIS year, but he was terrible. He is nothing like Wilson.

The guy I would love to see the Jets get in the third round would be Tyler Bray. His immaturity issues are not that bad. He did some stupid college kid stuff but has the talent. Well worth a 3rd round pick IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure if people actually watched Manuel THIS year, but he was terrible. He is nothing like Wilson.

The guy I would love to see the Jets get in the third round would be Tyler Bray. His immaturity issues are not that bad. He did some stupid college kid stuff but has the talent. Well worth a 3rd round pick IMO.
    Bray has all the tools, no question. But having a kid like him in a market like NY could be a disaster, especially on a team that currently lacks veteran leadership. Something about him just rubs you the wrong way in my eyes...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Bray has all the tools, no question. But having a kid like him in a market like NY could be a disaster, especially on a team that currently lacks veteran leadership. Something about him just rubs you the wrong way in my eyes...
    Thats why he would be a good 3rd round pick. Its not like you are drafting him with a top 5 pick in the first round and giving him 50 million dollars.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    + 1.

I think he has some upside and we don't have to invest a high pick in him. He was well-coached in college.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

I agree, I didn't word that very well about Manuel. I don't think his skills are a lot like Wilson's, more in the fact that I no longer think being a "prototypical" NFL QB prospect is necessary any more. Manuel Struggled, but he has tools to work with.

I disagree about Bray's immaturity being "not that bad". By all accounts, he's a a pretty sizeable headcase and not a very good leader. That doesn't mean he can't change or mature, but if his maturity issues weren't that bad, he wouldn't be around in the 3rd round.

I agree though, he's one of the ones I would really like to see the Jets possibly target in the Mid Rounds. He would be well worth a third round investment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Glennon in the 1st round, provided that we bring in someone like Norv Turner who is adept in developing young QB's.

6'6 235 with a cannon for an arm, sneaky athleticism, and has a good head on his shoulders.

He's a safer pick than Barkley IMO and has the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

If we're picking in the 10-15 area, I'd rather take a shot on a potential stud QB than some project passrusher.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 12-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.