Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon NC State QB 6' 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Glennon in the 1st round, provided that we bring in someone like Norv Turner who is adept in developing young QB's.

6'6 235 with a cannon for an arm, sneaky athleticism, and has a good head on his shoulders.

He's a safer pick than Barkley IMO and has the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

If we're picking in the 10-15 area, I'd rather take a shot on a potential stud QB than some project passrusher.
    I am a member of the Wolfpack club herein Charlotte....I'll second that. We ABSOFUKKINLUTELY need the right OC and develop him.

He is VERY raw. I have seen almost ALL his games.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Glennon in the 1st round, provided that we bring in someone like Norv Turner who is adept in developing young QB's.

6'6 235 with a cannon for an arm, sneaky athleticism, and has a good head on his shoulders.

He's a safer pick than Barkley IMO and has the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

If we're picking in the 10-15 area, I'd rather take a shot on a potential stud QB than some project passrusher.
    I'd rather have Bray in the 3rd. Same tools and as someone said I don't think his character issues are as big as some believe. Give him to Turner and he'd be a monster in a year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I'd rather have Bray in the 3rd. Same tools and as someone said I don't think his character issues are as big as some believe. Give him to Turner and he'd be a monster in a year.
    I don't want anything to do with a QB whose committment to the game has been called into question.

Bray is by all accounts, a major douchebag and both his coaches and teammates have taken offense to it in the past.

I don't want a QB with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head.

The only real flaw to Glennon is his footwork which can be easily corrected with proper coaching. He's by all accounts a smart, hardworking kid who loves football and has the physical tools in a QB that you dream about.

With the new rookie cap, the risk in drafting these 1st round QB's has decreased dramatically. These kids get paid peanuts compared to what they were getting just 3 years ago so if you draft a dud, you aren't set back for the forseeable future and can cut bait immediately.

I don't want anything to do with a QB whose committment to the game has been called into question.

Bray is by all accounts, a major douchebag and both his coaches and teammates have taken offense to it in the past.

I don't want a QB with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head.

The only real flaw to Glennon is his footwork which can be easily corrected with proper coaching. He's by all accounts a smart, hardworking kid who loves football and has the physical tools in a QB that you dream about.

With the new rookie cap, the risk in drafting these 1st round QB's has decreased dramatically. These kids get paid peanuts compared to what they were getting just 3 years ago so if you draft a dud, you aren't set back for the forseeable future and can cut bait immediately.

I like your your logic but really with perhaps the 7th pick? THAT is expensive but he may not be there if we wait for round 2 . perhaps we trade our 1st for a late 1st to get him and pick up a player or a 5th?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I like your your logic but really with perhaps the 7th pick? THAT is expensive but he may not be there if we wait for round 2 . perhaps we trade our 1st for a late 1st to get him and pick up a player or a 5th?
    I'm not a draft guru but if a team trades from the 7th pick to late 1st round, I think they get much higher than a 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm not a draft guru but if a team trades from the 7th pick to late 1st round, I think they get much higher than a 5th.
    SOLD.......

We need Ray and JonE on board too.

merry BTW!

All League
    I would say pass unless it was very late, like 6 th or 7 th round. 57% completion is barely higher that what we are currently getting with Sanchez. I find it hard to believe that his accuracy would improve at the pro level.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where are the "can't miss" prospects in this draft?

This is a pretty weak draft class, even at the top.

Damontre Moore would be ideal but we aren't getting him unless we move up into the Top 5.

After him, the level in passrushing talent drops off pretty significantly. I'm not sold on guys like Mingo, Montgomery or Jordan in the slightest.

There isn't a single WR, RB, or TE worth taking in the Top 15 either.

So to me, I think you either roll the dice on a QB with immense potential like Glennon or you take a bluechip OL like Warmack.

Damontre Moore would be ideal but we aren't getting him unless we move up into the Top 5.

After him, the level in passrushing talent drops off pretty significantly. I'm not sold on guys like Mingo, Montgomery or Jordan in the slightest.

So to me, I think you either roll the dice on a QB with immense potential like Glennon or you take a bluechip OL like Warmack.
    All above my pay grade...what I look for in a poster is logic first then emotion. You sir make a good case.

Got me excited for the draft.

All Pro
    You never draft an OG or a RT only player in the 1st round. But u should draft an OT who could start his career at OG and improve the overall talent of the OL. I don't know,say someone like Jake Mathews or trade down.

They're alot of quality DTs in this draft that just might entice some team to trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    E.J. Manuel might be a better option in the 2nd or 3rd.
    I am an FSU student and watched every one of his games. He stinks. Chad Pennington (post-surgury) arm with less accuracy. No thanks.

Agree with this draft being weak but Mingo is the real deal......Would love for the Jets to get him

Jets should take the Best OLB/WR/RB/QB available in the first.....Mike Glennon won't be close to that

I have seen him play plenty and he's got a big arm and size but he's just not that good......I saw Glennon in a game this season on a 4th down at the end of the game just throw the ball away when he was getting pressured.....Pathetic

If you're going to roll the dice on someone just based on size and arm, Tyler Bray is a much better gamble.....Atleast he was actually a good player in college. And it's not right to say he doesn't love football or whatever, I saw Bray get fired up on the field plenty of times, good and bad....

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure if people actually watched Manuel THIS year, but he was terrible. He is nothing like Wilson.

The guy I would love to see the Jets get in the third round would be Tyler Bray. His immaturity issues are not that bad. He did some stupid college kid stuff but has the talent. Well worth a 3rd round pick IMO.
    +1. Totally regressed from his Sophomore and Junior seasons. That FSU Clemson game was great this year. Always seem to play each other hard.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    All of these guys are going to require proper development from a coaching staff. So no matter who we decide on, they'll stink. Russell Wilson wouldn't be playing as well as he is if he were on the Jets.
    Ding ding ding, I actually think Wilson was far along the path already when he came out. But someone like Tannehill does and will continue to benefit from a coach like Philbin.

All League
    I really wouldn't touch any of these QB's in the first two rounds at all. Everyone one of them would be 3/4th rounders in your typical draft. Almost everyone of them would be duds

BPA and a new coaching staff

All Pro
    yes we "missed" on Rivers when we had the 12th pick (Vilma) and
    he was selected at #4

Bray to Bray would be a sploodgefest for certain JI obsessives...just sayin'

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats why he would be a good 3rd round pick. Its not like you are drafting him with a top 5 pick in the first round and giving him 50 million dollars.
    With the new CBA those days are gone.. Luck got 4 years 22 million..

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    yes we "missed" on Rivers when we had the 12th pick (Vilma) and
    he was selected at #4

Bray to Bray would be a sploodgefest for certain JI obsessives...just sayin'
    Rivers would have thrust this franchise WAY ahead of Vilma. I know that is a BOLD statement but we had a SOLID team 2002 to 20111 and imagine NOT having to draft QB's.

Love Vilma but Rivers is as solid a QB as the NFL has seen in 10 years with the exception of perhaps 5 to 6 future HOFers.

Rivers would have thrust this franchise WAY ahead of Vilma. I know that is a BOLD statement but we had a SOLID team 2002 to 20111 and imagine NOT having to draft QB's.

Love Vilma but Rivers is as solid a QB as the NFL has seen in 10 years with the exception of perhaps 5 to 6 future HOFers.
    I think his point was that Rivers was long gone before we selected.

The guy we actually whiffed on was Vince Wilfork who went 21st. Imagine him clogging up the middle for the Jets as opposed to the Pats for all these years. Instead we pick Vilma and trade him off a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I think his point was that Rivers was long gone before we selected.

The guy we actually whiffed on was Vince Wilfork who went 21st. Imagine him clogging up the middle for the Jets as opposed to the Pats for all these years. Instead we pick Vilma and trade him off a few years later.
    My bad...public school education, I mis-read it.