Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 155

Thread: Mike Glennon NC State QB 6' 6"

  1. #61
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    Game on today at noon. Espn. See what you think.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I can't argue with u about this player. There're 5 highly rated pro style Qbs being bandied about by the so called experts. The aforementioned Wilson, Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray, Landry Jones and Sean Renfree.

    I want to draft 2 of em in 2013 and let the chips fall where they may. Of those 5 i want Bray in the 2nd and Renfree in the 5th. Bray needs time, but I don't think Renfree does. Bray's upside is much higher. Both the guys i want are above 6'3" and 220 lbs.
    Wilson sucks... He's got fire but just watch the decision making. You dont' get any better at that.

    It's almost as though he's not comfortable throwing the ball to anyone on his team unless they are doubled.


    Hell, the videos are available for everyone to watch on Youtube now. Go there and watch a game cut-up from this season.

    If you want release and arm specifically, look at Nassib. He's release and arm strength, along with pocket presence is elite. He's got some other things that hold him back though. Hate the deep ball and not sure he's mind is as quick as it needs to be.

  3. #63
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not one QB worth taking in the first round. Taking Glennon at 9 may be the biggest reach in the history of the NFL draft.

  4. #64
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon, at least to me, has the raw tools to succeed. He has the size, arm for sure, seems to look off defenders, good pocket presence, and the ability to grow after some seasoning. I'd take him second round.

    jf

  5. #65
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather not use a top 15 pick this year for a guy that "could work" and "needs proper coaching".. Granted this is a weak draft, but I'd feel more comfortable picking the best QB option in 3rd round. If Glennon's the guy (ugh), so be it.

    I'm not a fan of Bray. We have enough ticking time-bombs on this team.

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Wilson sucks... He's got fire but just watch the decision making. You dont' get any better at that.

    It's almost as though he's not comfortable throwing the ball to anyone on his team unless they are doubled.


    Hell, the videos are available for everyone to watch on Youtube now. Go there and watch a game cut-up from this season.

    If you want release and arm specifically, look at Nassib. He's release and arm strength, along with pocket presence is elite. He's got some other things that hold him back though. Hate the deep ball and not sure he's mind is as quick as it needs to be.
    I have had enough of Midget QBs with questionable arm strength or issues with touch and accuracy. Not a single person was talking about this Kid before CBTNY talked him up. Now he's the hottest thing since slice Bread. I have watched a few games of Glennin, and his accuracy reminds me of mark Sanchez.

    I like Sean Renfree, I like Bray dispite his issues. Neither will be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. This would allow us to fix our OL and our OLbing issues if need be.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say i never gave much of a look at Zack Dysert, but he does interest me quite a bit.

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I gotta say i never gave much of a look at Zack Dysert, but he does interest me quite a bit.
    Murray, Wilson, Nassib, and Dysert are the guys I like, assuming it's round 2 or after. Absolutely don't like Glennon-- I think Flacco is his best case scenario. Definitely don't like Renfree unless we're taking a 6th round flyer.

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just threw a bad pick.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked good early, bad interception just yet...

    Second round he would be great, otherwise I would take Dysert. In the first we have to hope for Moore, Jordan or Mingo...

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being tall doesn't make you a good quarterback, it just makes you tall.

    The only quarterbacks in this draft I would be interested in are Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib. Not sure the team will have the cajones to pull the trigger on another USC product despite the fact that Barkley has a lot more of a track record than Sanchez. Nassib will need to be in the right scheme but has the look of a poor man's Aaron Rodgers.

    The tall quarterbacks in this draft class are fairly horrendous.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Murray, Wilson, Nassib, and Dysert are the guys I like, assuming it's round 2 or after. Absolutely don't like Glennon-- I think Flacco is his best case scenario. Definitely don't like Renfree unless we're taking a 6th round flyer.
    Renfree was a late round pick,but if the reported injury suffered in the Bowl Game is correct, he probably goes undrafted.. Renfree is the best pro ready QB in this draft. The guy reads defenses, understands checks and can make all the throws. He just doesn't do it with any flair. He reminds me alot of Matt Shaub(sp) the Texans QB.

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Renfree was a late round pick,but if the reported injury suffered in the Bowl Game is correct, he probably goes undrafted.. Renfree is the best pro ready QB in this draft. The guy reads defenses, understands checks and can make all the throws. He just doesn't do it with any flair. He reminds me alot of Matt Shaub(sp) the Texans QB.
    He does not have an NFL arm.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmac31;4751583[B
    Being tall doesn't make you a good quarterback, it just makes you tall.[/B]

    The only quarterbacks in this draft I would be interested in are Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib. Not sure the team will have the cajones to pull the trigger on another USC product despite the fact that Barkley has a lot more of a track record than Sanchez. Nassib will need to be in the right scheme but has the look of a poor man's Aaron Rodgers.

    The tall quarterbacks in this draft class are fairly horrendous.
    See: Flacco, Joe

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line. No way in hell a new GM selects any of the QBs available in this draft in the first, or even second, round. It would be tantamount to professional suicide. If someone slips down the draft board in the 3d round or later, maybe, just maybe, they'd take a flyer on him, but no way will they commit 1st or 2nd round money on any of the QB coming out this year. Every single one of them is a project with significant deficiencies in their game.

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not good.

    No thanks.

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just threw another bad pick that led to a TD

  18. #78
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    He does not look very impressive today. Hate to judge a guy by one game (one half for that matter) but he knows that the bright lights are on him today and puts up a stinker so far.

  19. #79
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    how about

    david fales .. san jose state 6'3 220 good accuracy any takers he played ok againdt stanford but wasnt clutch... on de there is like over 5 players in fcs and division II and III that had 17 sacks this year.. alot of olb and de depth there.. including boern and moore.. that yet to play and have both about 13 sacks.......i like the kid from ark-ine bluff

  20. #80
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    or jordan rodgers he is having a good game any takers??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us