Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 155

Thread: Mike Glennon NC State QB 6' 6"

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,548
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Woah woah, don't belittle Mingo and Dion Jordan in your defense of Glennon...
    There is one elite passrusher in this draft: Damontre Moore

    And we'll have no shot at him.

    Jarvis Jones is next up and he most likely won't make it to us either.

    Mingo and Jordan are projects. Both guys possess incredible physical ability but are also incredibly raw.

    Kinda like Glennon, except Glennon plays the most important position in all of sports.

    Would I take Glennon in the 1st round?

    Well, if guys like Moore, Teo, Jones, and Geno are off the board...you bet your ass I would.

    Sorry, but I don't have much interest in taking some half assed QB in the late rounds and praying to the heavens that we have another Tom Brady on our hands.

  2. #102
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,801
    On an unrelated note--it must suck to be Jordan Rodgers. Your brother is a stud NFL QB...and you're a barely passable college QB.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    On an unrelated note--it must suck to be Jordan Rodgers. Your brother is a stud NFL QB...and you're a barely passable college QB.
    He won't get drafted, but he might get an training camp invite to take a look. Especially since he is athletic at the QB position which is all the rage in the NFL these days.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    Sorry, but I don't have much interest in taking some half assed QB in the late rounds and praying to the heavens that we have another Tom Brady on our hands.
    I think the rest of us don't want a half assed QB in the 1st round.....

  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is one elite passrusher in this draft: Damontre Moore

    And we'll have no shot at him.

    Jarvis Jones is next up and he most likely won't make it to us either.

    Mingo and Jordan are projects. Both guys possess incredible physical ability but are also incredibly raw.

    Kinda like Glennon, except Glennon plays the most important position in all of sports.

    Would I take Glennon in the 1st round?

    Well, if guys like Moore, Teo, Jones, and Geno are off the board...you bet your ass I would.

    Sorry, but I don't have much interest in taking some half assed QB in the late rounds and praying to the heavens that we have another Tom Brady on our hands.
    Glennon shouldn't even sniff the first round to begin with...

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,616
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    Glennon stock plummeting!!!

    He is NOT top NFL material, colt McCoy , Chris Simms material. How these arseholes who do the draft book think he is , is mind boggling.


    the same draft experts said Vlad was a solid 2nd rounder.

    these draft gurus simply have no heart...

    use your eyes and it is clear Glennon is NOT a 1st rounder.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-31-2012 at 03:22 PM.

  7. #107
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,548
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Glennon shouldn't even sniff the first round to begin with...
    We live in an age where Mark Sanchez, Christian Ponder, and Blaine f*cking Gabbert get drafted not only in the 1st round, but in the Top 10.

    None of those guys possess even half of the physical tools that Glennon has.

  8. #108
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,240
    He has some positives eg. tall, throws darts, but he isn't NFL ready for several years. He didn't have composure and XFactor.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is one elite passrusher in this draft: Damontre Moore

    And we'll have no shot at him.

    Jarvis Jones is next up and he most likely won't make it to us either.

    Mingo and Jordan are projects. Both guys possess incredible physical ability but are also incredibly raw.

    Kinda like Glennon, except Glennon plays the most important position in all of sports.

    Would I take Glennon in the 1st round?

    Well, if guys like Moore, Teo, Jones, and Geno are off the board...you bet your ass I would.

    Sorry, but I don't have much interest in taking some half assed QB in the late rounds and praying to the heavens that we have another Tom Brady on our hands.
    Jordan and Mingo are not huge projects that will do nothing in the first year. Jordan is athletic as it gets. It's pretty simple what he'll be asked to do. Beat that offensive tackle.

    This year is fantastic for pass rushers.

    And I really don't know why some people are calling Damontre Moore some can't miss. Every year people throw those words around yet every year they get proven wrong. It's also bothersome because a lot of the people who comment on Moore haven't seen the guy play. There are plenty of things to be worried about when it comes to him. The guy isn't the most mature person in the world. The best players usually have the must-do mentality because they are self starters and figure out the necessary ways to get better. Moore admittedly had to be helped along because he was immature. He's not nearly as smart as Von Miller and those traits are what helps a player progress. he also doesn't have the fastest take-off. To assume a player is going to come in and and out-muscle NFL players is a lot to ask.

    Don't hate him as a prospect, but just getting bothered at this idea that he doesnt' have any negatives.

    Or it's just an issue that Jets fans want to cling to that SOJF mentality that they are missing out on the next Lawrence taylor.

  10. #110
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,856
    nassib or nothing imo

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He is NOT top NFL material, colt McCoy , Chris Simms material. How these arseholes who do the draft book think he is , is mind boggling.


    the same draft experts said Vlad was a solid 2nd rounder.

    these draft gurus simply have no heart...

    use your eyes and it is clear Glennon is NOT a 1st rounder.
    Thank You. Being an FSU fan, I have the same thoughts on EJ Manuel.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We live in an age where Mark Sanchez, Christian Ponder, and Blaine f*cking Gabbert get drafted not only in the 1st round, but in the Top 10.

    None of those guys possess even half of the physical tools that Glennon has.
    Exactly... Ponder is the worst. Sanchez at least warranted going that high. Had great feet, very good arm, seemingly had the intangibles. Ponder just screamed 3rd round though...

    Gabbert was an obvious bust... Screamed it here during that draft year but some people had this fallacy that he was going to be better than Cam.

  13. #113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There is one elite passrusher in this draft: Damontre Moore

    And we'll have no shot at him.

    Jarvis Jones is next up and he most likely won't make it to us either.

    Mingo and Jordan are projects. Both guys possess incredible physical ability but are also incredibly raw.

    Kinda like Glennon, except Glennon plays the most important position in all of sports.

    Would I take Glennon in the 1st round?

    Well, if guys like Moore, Teo, Jones, and Geno are off the board...you bet your ass I would.

    Sorry, but I don't have much interest in taking some half assed QB in the late rounds and praying to the heavens that we have another Tom Brady on our hands.
    So you'd rather take a half assed QB in the top 10 and prey he turns into Peyton Manning?

    Glennon is a big project and no more likely to succeed than EJ Manuel or Ryan Nassib or Tajh Boyd. Taking him in the 1st round would be a mistake because it would cost the team an opportunity to pick a legit top 10 talent.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Exactly... Ponder is the worst. Sanchez at least warranted going that high. Had great feet, very good arm, seemingly had the intangibles. Ponder just screamed 3rd round though...

    Gabbert was an obvious bust... Screamed it here during that draft year but some people had this fallacy that he was going to be better than Cam.
    I would add Jake Locker to the list of obvious busts. I watched him in college and he was average at best. Every year, people said he would break out but he would struggle to complete 50% of his passes in a Pac-10 that had awful defenses. Same with Ponder. Haven't seen much of Glennon, but from what I have seen I haven't been too impressed.

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,548
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So you'd rather take a half assed QB in the top 10 and prey he turns into Peyton Manning?

    Glennon is a big project and no more likely to succeed than EJ Manuel or Ryan Nassib or Tajh Boyd. Taking him in the 1st round would be a mistake because it would cost the team an opportunity to pick a legit top 10 talent.
    This is a weak draft.

    One of the weakest in recent memory.

    Who are the true bluechippers coming out?

    Personally, I only see 4 or 5.

    Damontre Moore, Manti Te'o, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Chance Warmack and maybe Jarvis Jones.

    The only one that we'll have a realistic shot at is Warmack.

    Glennon is a raw talent with the physical tools that you dream of in a QB. Would I draft him if we have some inept "ground and pound" dick like Sparano or Cavanaugh overseeing his development? F*ck no

    But give the reigns to a guy like Norv Turner and it becomes a selection that I would not only be okay with, but would welcome.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So you'd rather take a half assed QB in the top 10 and prey he turns into Peyton Manning?

    Glennon is a big project and no more likely to succeed than EJ Manuel or Ryan Nassib or Tajh Boyd. Taking him in the 1st round would be a mistake because it would cost the team an opportunity to pick a legit top 10 talent.
    Agreed. Would much rather take one of those 3 in the 2-4 rounds than Glennon in the first. Its like reaching to get Weedon in the first.

  17. #117
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This is a weak draft.

    One of the weakest in recent memory.

    Who are the true bluechippers coming out?

    Personally, I only see 4 or 5.

    Damontre Moore, Manti Te'o, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Chance Warmack and maybe Jarvis Jones.

    The only one that we'll have a realistic shot at is Warmack.

    Glennon is a raw talent with the physical tools that you dream of in a QB. Would I draft him if we have some inept "ground and pound" dick like Sparano or Cavanaugh overseeing his development? F*ck no

    But give the reigns to a guy like Norv Turner and it becomes a selection that I would not only be okay with, but would welcome.
    Jimy Clausen, Colt McCoy,mChris Simms! Brady Quinn, Leinhert, all fit your description. ALL set their teams back.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This is a weak draft.

    One of the weakest in recent memory.

    Who are the true bluechippers coming out?

    Personally, I only see 4 or 5.

    Damontre Moore, Manti Te'o, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Chance Warmack and maybe Jarvis Jones.

    The only one that we'll have a realistic shot at is Warmack.

    Glennon is a raw talent with the physical tools that you dream of in a QB. Would I draft him if we have some inept "ground and pound" dick like Sparano or Cavanaugh overseeing his development? F*ck no

    But give the reigns to a guy like Norv Turner and it becomes a selection that I would not only be okay with, but would welcome.
    Would you want him at 9? i think that is a reach at 9. If you want to trade down to the late 20's and take him there while accumumulating some draft picks then i would be ok with it.

  19. #119
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,548
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Jimy Clausen, Colt McCoy,mChris Simms! Brady Quinn, Leinhert, all fit your description. ALL set their teams back.
    What the hell are you talking about?

    Not one of those guys fits my description of Glennon. Like...at all.

    Glennon is 6'6 235 with a howitzer for an arm and by all accounts loves the game and is dedicated to his craft. That's basically the exact opposite of Matt Leinart.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?

    Not one of those guys fits my description of Glennon. Like...at all.

    Glennon is 6'6 235 with a howitzer for an arm and by all accounts loves the game and is dedicated to his craft. That's basically the exact opposite of Matt Leinart.
    That is correct... Glennon is very different than those guys.


    Glennon does lack something though... I've watched his interviews (which lately I'm paying attention to the same amount as the tape) and it seems like he's missing something. I don't know that his mind is quick enough. Even on the field it seems that way.

    I don't like the QB's at all this year, but the only guys who I see MAY pan out are EJ Manuel, Glennon, and Nassib. All have serious flaws but if the best case scenario happened and they figured it out, they have the other aspects that make good players.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us