Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon NC State QB 6' 6"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    There is not one QB worth taking in the first round. Taking Glennon at 9 may be the biggest reach in the history of the NFL draft.
    True, but there will absolutely be a QB or two, or three that go ahead of us.

They may not deserve to go there but the fact remains that they will. And we can't go into another season with Sanchez again...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i hate suckchez but taking a qb at 9 right now would be idiotic esp when nassib should be their in the second and depending on combine maybe third.

glenon pass all together

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He does not have an NFL arm.
    According to who.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And he just threw another pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon stock plummeting!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never wanted this guy.....He's just not good, period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Never wanted this guy.....He's just not good, period.
    Bingo. If you aren't good in college, why would you be good in the pros. That last INT he threw was laughable, Sanchez-esque

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    True, but there will absolutely be a QB or two, or three that go ahead of us.

They may not deserve to go there but the fact remains that they will. And we can't go into another season with Sanchez again...
    And I am fine with drafting a QB but not in the first round. LOL at the guy who wanted this kid at number 9. Some people do not watch college football. Also anyone who thinks EJ Manuel should be chosen in the second round smokes to much dope. The QB draft class is the weakest in recent memory. Bring in a solid game manger QB as a free agent, get rid of Sanchez (if possible), keep McElory and draft Bray in the mid rounds. Have an open competition in the offseason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    U can get him in the 6th rd if u want him lmao dude sux

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And just got called for intentional grounding. Doesn't handle pressure at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon is ****ing horrible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I am fine with drafting a QB but not in the first round. LOL at the guy who wanted this kid at number 9. Some people do not watch college football. Also anyone who thinks EJ Manuel should be chosen in the second round smokes to much dope. The QB draft class is the weakest in recent memory. Bring in a solid game manger QB as a free agent, get rid of Sanchez (if possible), keep McElory and draft Bray in the mid rounds. Have an open competition in the offseason.
    LOL at you mooks who want to write off a prospect based on one game.

If you'd never seen Luck play up until the Stanford vs Oregon game last year, you probably would've laughed at him being regarded as the best QB prospect since Elway.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy has looked bad today, maybe i was wrong

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

If you'd never seen Luck play up until the Stanford vs Oregon game last year, you probably would've laughed at him being regarded as the best QB prospect since Elway.
    Yeah or maybe he's just terrible and it really wasn't a big secret...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you seriously comparing Andrew Luck to Glennon? How many games have you seen Glennon play? There are NCST fans on this board who dont even want him. But yea, lets waste another first round pick on a garbage prospect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I write off Glennon based off of the 10+ games I've seen him in.....

This game is just an extension of his college career, it would be criminal to take this guy in the 1st round

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you seriously comparing Andrew Luck to Glennon? How many games have you seen Glennon play? There are NCST fans on this board who dont even want him. But yea, lets waste another first round pick on a garbage prospect.
    Where the hell did I compare Glennon to Luck as a prospect?

Luck was the best QB to come out of the college ranks in 30 years.

Glennon is very comparable to a guy like Joe Flacco.

I don't think he'll ever be elite, but with the right coach overseeing his development (ex Norv Turner) he could develop into a damn good QB. The physical tools are there, the committment is there, the work ethic is there. He just needs some fine tuning.

And yeah, I'd rather roll the dice on a potential stud QB instead of some second rate, project passrusher like Mingo or Jordan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yeah, I'd rather roll the dice on a potential stud QB instead of some second rate, project passrusher like Mingo or Jordan.
    Woah woah, don't belittle Mingo and Dion Jordan in your defense of Glennon...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he'll ever be elite, but with the right coach overseeing his development (ex Norv Turner) he could develop into a damn good QB. The physical tools are there, the committment is there, the work ethic is there. He just needs some fine tuning.

Why would you waste a top 10 pick on a guy who you dont think can become elite?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see very best case scenario being Joe Flacco.....But if I'm picking #9 overall I don't want the very best outcome to be a possible solid-ok NFL QB (And I think Flacco is a stretch)

Mike Glennon would be OK to take a shot with in the 3rd or 4th round.....#9 overall is a joke.

I don't see potential stud QB because he's just not a very sharp decision-maker and player.....Stuff like that doesn't really change much IMO (Think Sanchez)

Within the next 2 years or so we need a future at QB, and I'll be very unhappy if we're banking on Mike Glennon to be the savior