Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good idea to draft 2 QB's?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    no
    A millionaire bought the Rams and wanted to play QB.. His first couple of snaps reminded me of the Jet O-line Sunday.. In short the Ram O-line forgot to block..

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I WOULD AVOID QBS FROM U.S.C. BAD HISTORY
    Over stated and not really true. Any college that produces multiple pro prospects is bound to have busts. FSU, Florida, USC, ND, Texas all have a lot of busts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Over stated and not really true. Any college that produces multiple pro prospects is bound to have busts. FSU, Florida, USC, ND, Texas all have a lot of busts.
    A better plan is drafting QB's born in Pennsylvania..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    A millionaire bought the Rams and wanted to play QB.. His first couple of snaps reminded me of the Jet O-line Sunday.. In short the Ram O-line forgot to block..
    Like I said I'm not saying that is what they did but if your DBrick and Mangold and your seen as the team lead. How would you react to a 3rd string no body saying their is no leadership on the team at all? Wasn't his brightest moment IMO. 1st rule of being a QB keep your OL happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    A better plan is drafting QB's born in Pennsylvania..
    sadly yes I can agree with that the numbers are astounding.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Like I said I'm not saying that is what they did but if your DBrick and Mangold and your seen as the team lead. How would you react to a 3rd string no body saying their is no leadership on the team at all? Wasn't his brightest moment IMO. 1st rule of being a QB keep your OL happy.
    But they did play well for GMac in the Zona game.. Who knows not us..

The sad reality of this is only 2 QBs on average a year that are drafted will have even an average career. When you have (Ill say 14) drafted on average a year that mean 12 will be failed QBs. I am a FSU fan and for all those looking at Manuel I say why not Barkley then? Who was the last good QB they had? USC has a QB drafted every what 3 years? Yeah of course not all of them will succeed. If we can get a Palmer like draft pick I'd be thrilled. He was pretty good until he got injured.

Not too many options in this draft. Focus on the O line, after the last game there needs to be changes. Drop Sanchez,Scott,Pace,Thomas, the entire coaching staff, and other over paid players. Get rid of Tanny and trade Revis. Rebuilding over the next 2-3 seasons will get this organization in order.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    There are only 4 QBs worth even looking at in this draft.
    1) Tyler Wilson
    2) Geno Smith
    3) Matt Barkley
    4) Landry Jones
    And yes, that is the order of best to 4th. We only need TW.
    And where do you place Glennon?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And where do you place Glennon?
    I would take Glennon over any of those with the exception of Wilson. I also think Zac Dysert could be a good QB if we had a decent QB coach ( not Cavanaugh) .

The one guy that intrigues me that could be a boom or bust type of QB is Bray . Sure he's labeled as immature and erratic as a passer, but similiar things were said about Aaron Rodgers coming out of college, you never never know when the switch will flip for certain guys. He has the physical attributes to play in the Northeast ,the question will be is he dedicated to the game.

As a 3rd pick he might be the steal of the draft, or he could just as easily be a wasted 3rd rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by eems View Post
    This could increase our chances of finding a franchise QB that went under the radar
    One draft, one free agent veteran. We need the draft for:

Offense: OT, OG, WR
    Defense: OLB, Free Safety

Also let's give the new QB at least a year to develop. If he's ready after training camp, fine, but let's not force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Maybe so but my point is that a QB is the least of our concerns right now....no QB can ever be successfull with the way the offense is now...we need OL WR TE RB help before we ever start thinking about the next great QB...and in my opinion it all starts up front with the Oline, getting some weapons and a different offensive philosophy
    Forget the RB, and sign a FA. I wouldn't say QB is the least of our concerns, but it's not #1. Get one as a FA, and draft one.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    And what weapons do we have on our team for our new YOUNG QB to utilize?? Did you not see the hundred sacks given up by our Oline??? RG3 is a QB that doesn't need the Oline to protect him that long because he can move..... Redskins run a better scheme offensively and the WR's know how to get open...Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss would be number 1 receivers on our team......when WR's arent getting open and when they get open they drop the ball......your oline gives up 11 sacks, but yea lets draft a QB
    So you're saying our draft strategy should be based on one game? Against a team that had nothing to lose so just kept rushing the QB, who was starting his first ever game?

The O line has been good for the majority of the season - I agree it can do with an upgrade, but it's far from the sieve that Sunday gave the impression of. Also, when your QB is getting killed like that, your OC needs to adapt and counter the aggressive D. I saw none of that on Sunday.

All Pro
    QB is the biggest concern by far. You can't build a team around nothing. You don't know what we have on O no one does. Until you get a QB that can utilize the weapons we do have on hand it is all opinion. There is no excuses here we don't have a viable QB. Drafting 10-11 new skills players isn't going to change that. Look at Washington. They had a crap O last year. Gave EVERYTHING they had just to get 2 new QBs. Right now they look like the team to beat. RG3 isn't behind a better line, he doesn't have better WRs, and they got lucky on a late round RB. Fact is it all starts and ends with who your QB is. To say QB isn't this teams biggest issue is wrong. A QB brings leadership and good play. You can say both are our biggest issues. worry about the rest after you fill that roll. Sanchez, Elroy, Tebow these are not leaders sorry.
    What Washington DO have is a coaching staff that can tailor a scheme to suit their players - and make it successful.

Before we worry about what positions to draft, we need to work out who our coaching staff is, and what their philosophy is. If it's still Rex and "ground and pound" then an Alex Smith style game manager QB is what you look for - and you don't need to draft high to get that. But you probably need a more explosive threat at RB, like an AP type, and they are harder to find late in the draft.

Next Monday will tell us a lot about the future of this franchise.

Tannenbaum has drafted 4 busts at QB since 06.

All Pro
    i agree and we should look at Tyler Bray and Sean Renfree both from the 2013 draft and bring back GMac and Sanchez.