Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good idea to draft 2 QB's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Braylon wasn't getting open either there bud.
    Actually....

Braylon was getting open, "bud".

But the O-line decided to help the Dolts on Defense thus keeping Greg from even looking Braylon's way before getting smashed.

Braylon is the Jets only REAL Receiving threat on this pathetic team(sans Holmes/Kerley) and if Greg got some more friggin' Help from the O-line, he would've had more opportunity to find a more-often-than-not open Braylon.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    There will be a stud QB drafted this year, there is pretty much every year. Just a matter of finding out who that guy is.
    I disagree. There are no studs QB's in this year's Draft Imo. Some years produce no stud QB's. A good coaching staff is just as important. For example, Sam Bradford was the only 'stud' in his class but his coaches in St Louis aren't that great so he regressed a bit his sophomore year. Looks like no stud QB'S in that class.

Drew Bledsoe is another example. In his draft class he and Rick Mier were the 'studs' but neither turned out to be a superstar.

Furthermore if the current Jets coaching staff got hold of a Sam Bradford or Drew Bledsoe I don't think they have the ability to develop him into a elite qb.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Maybe so but my point is that a QB is the least of our concerns right now....no QB can ever be successfull with the way the offense is now...we need OL WR TE RB help before we ever start thinking about the next great QB...and in my opinion it all starts up front with the Oline, getting some weapons and a different offensive philosophy
    QB is the biggest concern by far. You can't build a team around nothing. You don't know what we have on O no one does. Until you get a QB that can utilize the weapons we do have on hand it is all opinion. There is no excuses here we don't have a viable QB. Drafting 10-11 new skills players isn't going to change that. Look at Washington. They had a crap O last year. Gave EVERYTHING they had just to get 2 new QBs. Right now they look like the team to beat. RG3 isn't behind a better line, he doesn't have better WRs, and they got lucky on a late round RB. Fact is it all starts and ends with who your QB is. To say QB isn't this teams biggest issue is wrong. A QB brings leadership and good play. You can say both are our biggest issues. worry about the rest after you fill that roll. Sanchez, Elroy, Tebow these are not leaders sorry.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Ridiculous... Any QB you draft won't be the savior of this team with it's current O-line and and WR problems.
    Wrong. Our O-line is better than what most teams' have (in fact, PFF just ranked it in the top 5) and the Jets were without Keller, Holmes and Hill yesterday. The Jets' offensive ineptitude has everything to do with its QB play.

Hall Of Fame
    Sign a veteran. Draft a QB in middle rounds (EJ). Keep McElroy.

Open competition in camp.

Not perfect but I think that is best given the QBs available.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I think we draft 7, one in every round.

Sign those beasts.
    We have drafted QB's with the 1st and 2nd pick before..

have so many offensive holes thanks to tanny we dont have the picks to waste on 2 qbs.. Id say go for 1, in 1st or 2 nd round.. after that its like trying to win mega jackpot.. Other than Romo and brady, dont think there is starter who wasnt drafted before 3 round.. take away wilson, can say wasnt drafted outside 2nd.. take away SF qb, you get my point.. qbs come out of the 1st unless you get incredibly lucky.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'd be all for it

Someone like Nassib/Wilson in Round 2 and maybe Sean Renfree in the late rounds.
    I like Renfree late as well. Good size and arm strength, pretty smart guy, but his decision making was a little suspect and he locked onto way too many of his Wrs. Definitely worth a look in the later rounds though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    have so many offensive holes thanks to tanny we dont have the picks to waste on 2 qbs.. Id say go for 1, in 1st or 2 nd round.. after that its like trying to win mega jackpot.. Other than Romo and brady, dont think there is starter who wasnt drafted before 3 round.. take away wilson, can say wasnt drafted outside 2nd.. take away SF qb, you get my point.. qbs come out of the 1st unless you get incredibly lucky.
    The only other one's I can think of are Ryan Fitzpatrick,Matt Schaub,Matt Cassel..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'd be all for it

Someone like Nassib/Wilson in Round 2 and maybe Sean Renfree in the late rounds.
    Agreed. Not sure who the first one will be but I would like a guy like Renfree late.

QB is the biggest concern by far. You can't build a team around nothing. You don't know what we have on O no one does. Until you get a QB that can utilize the weapons we do have on hand it is all opinion. There is no excuses here we don't have a viable QB. Drafting 10-11 new skills players isn't going to change that. Look at Washington. They had a crap O last year. Gave EVERYTHING they had just to get 2 new QBs. Right now they look like the team to beat. RG3 isn't behind a better line, he doesn't have better WRs, and they got lucky on a late round RB. Fact is it all starts and ends with who your QB is. To say QB isn't this teams biggest issue is wrong. A QB brings leadership and good play. You can say both are our biggest issues. worry about the rest after you fill that roll. Sanchez, Elroy, Tebow these are not leaders sorry.
    And what weapons do we have on our team for our new YOUNG QB to utilize?? Did you not see the hundred sacks given up by our Oline??? RG3 is a QB that doesn't need the Oline to protect him that long because he can move..... Redskins run a better scheme offensively and the WR's know how to get open...Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss would be number 1 receivers on our team......when WR's arent getting open and when they get open they drop the ball......your oline gives up 11 sacks, but yea lets draft a QB

Unhappy Major Rebuilding Job Ahead

After the preseason I believed that the Jets were not a championship caliber team and needed to be rebuilt. Yesterday proved that the Jets have a great deal of work ahead of them in order to make this team competitive. The most glaring need is the offense. The Chargers pass rush was relentless. The Jets quarterback was treated like a rag doll. It was fortunate that McElroy came off the field in one piece. The Jets offense needs linemen to protect the quarterback, running backs to keep the opposing defense honest and receivers who can get open and hold onto the ball. The Jets defense needs some young and quick linebackers. The defensive line is a plus and appears to be set at this time. However, the entire atmosphere of the team needs to change. I am not sure if Rex Ryan has what it takes to manage an entire team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Just because there's no RG3 or Luck in this draft doesn't mean there's a dearth of QB talent. There will be good QB prospects to find, just like last year with Wilson and Cousins going in the third and fourth. And the hundred sacks given up today were more the fault of McElroy's poor pocket awareness and the receivers inability to get open.
    Wrong! NO QB could withstand the pressure that kid was under not even SUCKCHEZ! He did make afew mistakes but that OL was very BAD! I'd say review the tape with some objectivity and maybe you'd understand!

But I do agree that some QBs can be found in the upcoming draft that could help us.

We can draft all the QB's in the world, until we have a competent coaching staff to help that QB develop it will be worthless. I'm certain this regime would have destroyed Luck, RG3, Wilson, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I think we draft 7, one in every round.

Sign those beasts.
    Be about the only way we'd stumble on a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Wrong! NO QB could withstand the pressure that kid was under not even SUCKCHEZ! He did make afew mistakes but that OL was very BAD! I'd say review the tape with some objectivity and maybe you'd understand!

But I do agree that some QBs can be found in the upcoming draft that could help us.
    To be fair if I'm on that line and Elroy is QB. I am parting like the red see too. He threw the whole team under the bus last year. His comments right or wrong was not what your team mates what to hear you say to the press. I'm sure at least 1 of those sacks was Mangold going here yah go you little ****. Rex needs to examine why he kept a hack that talked **** about his ENTIRE team last year. Not saying that is what happened but if I was DBrick or Mangold yeah I get it. This team has some good players. When healthy we do have a lot of good weapons. To say we have nothing at all is ignorant of the talent we do have. There are a lot of QBs in the league that can succeed with what we have.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-24-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

To be fair if I'm on that line and Elroy is QB. I am parting like the red see too. He threw the whole team under the bus last year. His comments right or wrong was not what your team mates what to here you say to the press. I'm sure at least 1 of those sacks was Mangold going here yah go you little ****. Rex needs to examine why he kept a hack that talked **** about his ENTIRE team last year. Not saying that is what happened but if I was DBrick or Mangold yeah I get it.
    Ever see that movie "Heaven can wait" with Warren Beatty??

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    And what weapons do we have on our team for our new YOUNG QB to utilize?? Did you not see the hundred sacks given up by our Oline??? RG3 is a QB that doesn't need the Oline to protect him that long because he can move..... Redskins run a better scheme offensively and the WR's know how to get open...Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss would be number 1 receivers on our team......when WR's arent getting open and when they get open they drop the ball......your oline gives up 11 sacks, but yea lets draft a QB
    Garcon = Kerley and he is the best they have. I love Moss but he is like 35 36 and is a shell of what he was. I'll take Holmes right now. We are just overpaying but the talent to succeed is there. Hill will be a stud. He is open ALL the time. Give him a viable QB you will see what he can really do. The guy is a beast. Eli doesn't have a better line either BTW so how does he do it? please tell me oh great one

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    There are only 4 QBs worth even looking at in this draft.
    1) Tyler Wilson
    2) Geno Smith
    3) Matt Barkley
    4) Landry Jones
    And yes, that is the order of best to 4th. We only need TW.
    I WOULD AVOID QBS FROM U.S.C. BAD HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ever see that movie "Heaven can wait" with Warren Beatty??
    no